The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

?Did they change the bergama signal fire race?

Nightfall12
Nightfall12
✭✭✭✭✭
I know the achievement is tied to lighting them all in under 35 seconds, but when i just ran it the timer reset at each fire…maybe its the massive crowds causing lag. Has anyone else had this? I imagine it will easier when there aren't as many people clogging up the view and paths.
Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the announcements may be bugged, she keeps saying begin when you light each brazier, but despite that I did complete the achievement in time with one of my characters today.
    PC EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning them all in 35 seconds, I say that is impossible even with an stamina build.
    Please show an video of you doing them all in 35, with an base build so no steak or warder or dk pull to character.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last year you could group with a friend and you got 'coop' credit. I would guess it's the same this year. 35 seconds is no problem even on a new character doing it in group.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Lightning them all in 35 seconds, I say that is impossible even with an stamina build.
    Please show an video of you doing them all in 35, with an base build so no steak or warder or dk pull to character.

@zaria

It did take me a few attempts last year to finally get this one.

The order you go in helps, IIRC, you want to start on the first one near the event giver, which would be behind you as your facing him. then move clockwise. I don't think I could ever do it Counterclockwise.

Also, a Speed Boost Potion makes this event super easy to complete. Don't even need a high end one. If you have Rapid Manevours, you can use that instead of the potion. Never tried to stack them, but never needed to. Anyway, wait until you get to the first brazier, apply the speed boost, activate the first brazier and then sprint.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    i did solo, they didnt change flame brazers.

all you need to get from Cyrodiil skill for run buff.
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    The announcement is messed up, but I believe it actually resets the timer (not your progress) as well. I've seen it jump back up to :55 each time I lit one.

Edit: Redid it with an alt, and it actually resets to :55, not :59. Also, the achievement still seems to count the total time, and not what the timer says.
    Edited by DiteHart on December 15, 2017 1:58AM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • Bax
    Bax
    ✭✭✭
    Then group up, I had luck and one nice person joined me when I shouted for it today (even that person already had achievement done). In two we were able to do it in a few seconds. He took top 2 fires, I did bottom 2. Hope this helps :) If you are on EU and you are unable to find anyone I can help you on Saturday evening (probably won't be able to play tomorrow) so let me know if you need help ;)
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Use rapids twice during it and sprint at every chance. Or wear cowards gear and sprint as much as possible. My order is the one closest to questgiver, then the one by the skyshard, then next closest to that, then the last one.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@zaria

The order you go in helps, IIRC, you want to start on the first one near the event giver, which would be behind you as your facing him. then move clockwise. I don't think I could ever do it Counterclockwise.

Also, a Speed Boost Potion makes this event super easy to complete. Don't even need a high end one. If you have Rapid Manevours, you can use that instead of the potion. Never tried to stack them, but never needed to. Anyway, wait until you get to the first brazier, apply the speed boost, activate the first brazier and then sprint.
    Did it counter clock, started with the one at skyshard, then the one you passed and the two northern one. Should not matter as you has to pass them all in an line.

And 35 seconds give you 11.3 between them, lighting them take multiple seconds unless you can animation cancel. Rapid Manevours take all stamina from an magic build so you can not sprint, you can not ride up there.
    Now you can have a friend give RM and resources but that is kind of overkill for an causal quest.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also noticed the bug with the announcements. :(

One thing to remember is that you don't have to wait for the torch-lighting animation to finish before you move on. There's a sweet spot part way though after which you can leave the torch and it will still count as lit.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@zaria

Did it counter clock, started with the one at skyshard, then the one you passed and the two northern one. Should not matter as you has to pass them all in an line.

And 35 seconds give you 11.3 between them, lighting them take multiple seconds unless you can animation cancel. Rapid Manevours take all stamina from an magic build so you can not sprint, you can not ride up there.
    Now you can have a friend give RM and resources but that is kind of overkill for an causal quest.

This achievement is meant to be done grouping up
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's bugged..
    Maybe it's intended? You've got a 35 seconds to light each blazier.. Considering the amount of players... possible lagging etc.. I think they might have decided to change the rules?
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Maybe it's intended? You've got a 35 seconds to light each blazier.. Considering the amount of players... possible lagging etc.. I think they might have decided to change the rules?

I found out it's actually not working that way.
    I just did it again (stam character, but didn't use any speed buffs), and while the timer never went below :35 (I'm pretty sure I didn't go under :40, but I'll give the buffer just in case), I spent about 45 seconds on the whole thing, and she didn't get credit.

So, the achievement itself seems to still be acting right.
    Edited by DiteHart on December 15, 2017 3:19AM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This took me a few tries last year but I was able to do it on my main a mdk. I had to use green stam food and retreating maneuvers ability from PvP. Was a pain but was able to do it
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiteHart wrote: »
    duendology wrote: »

I found out it's actually not working that way.
    I just did it again (stam character, but didn't use any speed buffs), and while the timer never went below :35 (I'm pretty sure I didn't go under :40, but I'll give the buffer just in case), I spent about 45 seconds on the whole thing, and she didn't get credit.

So, the achievement itself seems to still be acting right.

To be honest I did not even pay attention to it till this thread. One of my characters is Red Stamblade..so she's fast. But I ran like crazy from one blazier to another because I wanted to be done with this :P. My other character an orc.. she's level 20.. and her max stamina or regen is still pretty low.. I don't think she made it in time.. but I made it? So?
    Mystery? :P
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it in a two man group and soloed it later. I took the path starting at the sky shard. So: SE > SW > NE > NW and back to the quest giver.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i did this easily on my sorc. who has the least amount of stamina on all my toons. and its a magsorc. i had to use a pot cuz she ran out of stam and that was the only thing i used other than holding sprint.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's actually a really easy achievement, even on magicka toons. The key is to use rapids and one dropped stamina potion, and start on the brazier near the skyshard (iirc that's the south brazier). Sprint to the west brazier, then east, then lastly north, and use the potion the moment your stamina runs out.

Seriously, it's easy once you know the pathing.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i did it on a mag build by myself last year when i was brand-new. i had to start running as soon as the torch lit the fire (not waiting for the arm to come back up) and try a lot of times. i enjoyed the challenge immensely

P.S. it seems easier this year with the booming voice announcing that the fire's been flagged
    Edited by swippy on December 15, 2017 7:30AM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I did it solo on my first try and got the achievement? I went from the one opposite of her 1st, then followed the path till I came to the T in the rafters, went right then 180 and ran to final 1. Stam warden with bird of prey. Didn't seem hard, maybe just lucky.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year I did it solo on orc stamina sorcerer with Fiord's Legacy Set and Coward's Gear Set http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Coward's+Gear+Set
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Fiord's+Legacy+Set
    Last year I was done it on with my dunmer vampire NB in shadow dancer, but now this set not as fun as before.
    It was harder on my templar healer, but I found that is possible to group with other players and light braziers together

Interesting will it possible use Warden Nature's Grasp to swing from one player to another, I know that's sorcerer Streak not work.
    Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on December 15, 2017 8:58AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is the character I completed the achievement on.
    djWfGiY.jpg

She's a Mag build, with no attribute points in Stam. After I fed her on Lava Foot Stomp soup her stats looked like this.
    zTP3rwE.jpg

The only speed buff I used was Rapids - as a loyal Altmer she has already done her Alliance War basic training.

I didn't use a stam replenishing potion on her during the race. I just didn't think of it til afterwards.

I play the game 100% solo, so no group assist.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on December 15, 2017 9:07AM
    PC EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it should not matter, but I could not get CCW to work last year. Although once I got it done CW I never tried the CCW again....

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to do it with a heavy armor DK with just rapid maneuver.

Seems to work just fine.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it 2 times solo yesterday. Each time I flame a brazier the timer continues ticking down. PC/NA.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the achievement on 5 characters, 3 last year (Stamina DK, Magicka Sorcerer and Magicka Templar) and 2 this year (Stamina NB and Stamina Warden). The Templar was the hardest. There's a way to shorten the time significantly by jumping from a corner of a building to the corner of the one below. I think I did it in well under 30 by using this route and only had to use retreating at the start and popped a stamina pot right after so I could run.

On stamina chars you can use retreating maneuver more readily due to larger stamina pool and cost reduction from medium armor or simply roll dodge on the bow bar. Magicka Sorcerers can cast boundless storm or streak in straight lines, NB can spam path of darkness in front of them and Wardens can use bird of prey; Templars and DKs need to rely on retreating maneuver for speed buff though.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's completely possible to get that achievement solo on a stam build (a bit more tricky for mag builds with a low stam pool, but still doable) - just do the welcome to Cyrodil quest to unlock Rapid Maneuver. If I can do it on a magplar, anyone can.

If all else fails, just group for it - there are almost always people around the west gate to Bergama looking for group to get the achievement - at least on PC/NA. Group of 4, 1 person on each brazier.
    Edited by Epona222 on December 15, 2017 4:33PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

djWfGiY.jpg

She's a Mag build, with no attribute points in Stam. After I fed her on Lava Foot Stomp soup her stats looked like this.
    zTP3rwE.jpg

The only speed buff I used was Rapids - as a loyal Altmer she has already done her Alliance War basic training.

I didn't use a stam replenishing potion on her during the race. I just didn't think of it til afterwards.

Will try later today. Also check the achievements on main who did all.
    And the quest itself is trivial easy, failed first time as I got lost :)
    Edited by zaria on December 15, 2017 4:39PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

djWfGiY.jpg

zTP3rwE.jpg

Will try later today. Also check the achievements on main who did all.
    And the quest itself is trivial easy, failed first time as I got lost :)

re: getting lost - I would certainly advise if doing it solo to not click any of the braziers until you have run around where the quest markers are for them a few times if necessary, so you don't find yourself in an "argh, where do I go now" situation with the timer ticking down :D
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loads of responses..so thank you…But
    I was only wondering if the timer was resetting for everyone else?
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.