The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Motif & Hat Pack Available in the Crown Store, Dec 14-Jan 2

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Celebrate the New Life Festival by dressing your character in these cozy new items, available now until January 2.

Crown Crafting Motif: Stalhrim Frostcaster Style
3ad9eaa949bc8ae252a0d019cb07c72b.jpg
“The most curious aspect of this Frostcaster clothing was its extensive use of an unfamiliar translucent blue-white material labeled 'Stalhrim,' a sort of crystalline metal unlike anything I've ever seen. It was so strange that I laid hands upon it, rubbing and tapping. It was rigid, faceted yet smooth, and gave off a distinct chill." —Doctor Alfidia Lupus

The Stalhrim Frostcaster Style Crown Crafting Motif is available now for a limited time on all platforms for 2000 crowns.

Hat Pack: Winter Broadbrims
25d4cd89966f0b77da8a201fff1c6fa5.jpg
Winter is here, and it's time to look dashing, through the snow! This festive bargain bundle includes the Winter Corsage, Winter Garland, and Winter Wreath Broadbrim hats.

The Winter Broadbrim Hat Pack is available now for a limited time on all platforms for 800 crowns.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as I missed stalhrim last year due to my pause from the game, I get it this year!
    looks so sweet and cosy! ;))
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really wish one of the hats had ZERO greenery on it. They look good though.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would buy the Frostcaster motif if there were a way to craft it without having to rely on more crown store purchases (or one-off events in which crown motif stones drop in dungeons). It's an awesome motif, but I don't want to have to make a crown store purchase every time I want to craft a set of it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I would buy the Frostcaster motif if there were a way to craft it without having to rely on more crown store purchases (or one-off events in which crown motif stones drop in dungeons). It's an awesome motif, but I don't want to have to make a crown store purchase every time I want to craft a set of it.

....I would also buy it if we had a date+details on cosmetic transmog.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

....I would also buy it if we had a date+details on cosmetic transmog.

With any luck, we'll get some before January 2.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooo they out again :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad Glass and Stalhrim look nowhere near as good and in Skyrim :(
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »

Stalhrim looks amazing, better than Skyrim in my opinion. Glass, you're right... but that's why they have Bouyant Armiger now which is literally glass armor but in a new and updated style
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how well the hats dye? I really like them and would like to dye them in the favourite colours of my chracters. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭

Well, you can buy Stalhrim Shards with gold from guild stores in the game, so you don't have to rely on the Crown Store to make pieces.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those hats would be nice without the berries on them .
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stalhrim looks amazing, better than Skyrim in my opinion. Glass, you're right... but that's why they have Bouyant Armiger now which is literally glass armor but in a new and updated style

It looks a bit too exotic, and more importantly, good luck getting the chapters :(
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just previewed the hats. They remove my character's hair! She doesn't even have poofy hair, she has tight cornrows, but under the hat she gets stubble.

This may turn into a nope.

Ok, checking, my male Breton keeps his hair and it suits him far more. So I've bought the bundle. Those asking about dyes: The entire hat dyes, the felt parts that is. Just one channel, at least on the corsage version. The holly does not dye.
    Edited by Donari on December 14, 2017 10:25PM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hats are great if you've always wanted to give your character microcephaly.
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    Why do I have to buy all 3 hats.. its just a different amount of berries on the same hat three times. I'd much rather just pay for the one that I like the most. :L

(Its the hat with the least amount of berries, I wish there was a version with none.)
    Edited by Crossx2 on December 15, 2017 2:34AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    I just previewed the hats. They remove my character's hair! She doesn't even have poofy hair, she has tight cornrows, but under the hat she gets stubble.

Ok, checking, my male Breton keeps his hair and it suits him far more. So I've bought the bundle. Those asking about dyes: The entire hat dyes, the felt parts that is. Just one channel, at least on the corsage version. The holly does not dye.

That hat screams "Breton Male Sexiness" though lol.

Also, a DK using whip with that hat on and leather armor is the closest thing people will get to jump-starting their Indiana Jones ERP.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Donari wrote: »

That hat screams "Breton Male Sexiness" though lol.

TIL that's a thing. :D
  • KingMaui
    KingMaui
    I want to buy the Stalhrim Frostcaster crafting style BUT! whenever I preview the gear the colors are different than the ones shown in the picture...does anybody know what dye pack they are using in the Picture? Otherwise, it's rather disappointing that it's not as dark blue as shown.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The mimic stone requirement was the reason I didn't buy it last year. Should not require continual crown purchases to craft. And yes, you may be able to buy the material in guild traders but the only way to get it in the first place is deconning stuff made with the mimic stones so someone had to pay real money for it. If it wasn't for that, would buy in a heartbeat.
    Edited by heaven13 on December 16, 2017 8:03PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

this!! motif crown store only, ok. but style mats could drop in the game!!
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAIT, are you telling me I wasted 2000 crowns? I need to buy the motif material from store as well? It doesn't say this anywhere!
    Seriously Zenimax, why don't you shove all this you know where?
    Edited by Octopuss on December 17, 2017 12:30PM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm somewhat ok with the style material situation as long as I can find it in guild trader from people who've deconstructed the stuff they made. But ZOS, can we please change the crown store exclusive motifs to be account wide rather than having to purchase a book for every character we want to craft it on?

You're kind of asking a lot of money for the things, not to mention wanting us to make more purchases just to make use of them. So I don't think it's asking much to have it be account wide in return. And for those who might be concerned about it, anyone that has already purchased extras can be given a crown refund for them.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    "You're kind of asking a lot of money for the things, not to mention wanting us to make more purchases just to make use of them."

Congratulations! You've figured out ZOS' monetization scheme!

No but seriously, as excellent as the game itself is, it's exceptionally expensive. Yes, there are more expensive games out there, but ZOS regularly releases "microtransactions" that cost more than the game itself, and several elements of the Crown Store in particular are specifically engineered to get you to make repeat purchases. The priority of the Crown Store is to make ZOS heaps of money, not to enrich the game for its players. Yes, it fulfills the latter... but only to the level necessary to realize the former.

Simply put, the Crown Store uses quite a few ethically questionable and downright predatory practices to get your money from you, and the fact that the game is unusually pricey has been a major criticism from fans and gaming media outlets literally since launch. However, it also clearly works, because they keep doing it. I doubt this will change any time soon.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on December 20, 2017 10:52AM
  • ratfink
    ratfink
    Soul Shriven
    WAIT, are you telling me I wasted 2000 crowns? I need to buy the motif material from store as well? It doesn't say this anywhere!
    Seriously Zenimax, why don't you shove all this you know where?

Yep I'm in the same boat. Just bought the motif last night and then found out how much a pain in the butt getting the style mat was going to be. I'm outraged that they were not upfront about this in the coin store info. Feeling profoundly ripped off. I contacted support and of course since I've already used the motif there isn't anything they can do to help me. So I've decided to just say to hell with it and have stopped supporting and uninstalled the game. Hope my little 2000 coin purchase keeps you afloat for awhile Zenimax because its the last penny you are ever seeing from me.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:04AM