Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PC/NA] A Call to Arms: Help prevent the decay of Sotha Sil

Sylphie
Sylphie
✭✭✭
Never would I have thought I’d be making this thread but after seeing the campaign that I’ve been homed in since I started the game a year ago slowly decay into the husk it is today, I felt like it is time to start taking an active role in regard to the health of this campaign.

Currently, the DC population in Sotha Sil is woefully underpopulated, with the only large scale pvp guild playing at very sporadic times. This is what DC looked like on about 10pm EST, Saturday.
KMtR2Wc.jpg
Some people might say DC “deserves” this for nightcapping, gate camping, ect however they do not realise that having an unbalanced campaign ruins the fun for not only the underpopulated faction but also the overpopulated ones. What happens when there’s no largescale guilds or large pug groups to fight with? Organised guilds, pugs, ect run to wherever the action is at, leading to these types of encounters.
B8ubCQ4.jpg

I mean does anyone look like they’re having fun here? The numbers don't even include the ADs that went to chase the other 2 members of my party that managed to get out.

That said, DC does have a bad history of having guilds show up, zerg/nightcap the map down and gate camp the other factions, which leads to an endless cycle of AD/EP gate camping us even after said guilds have been driven off the campaign. While DC is in dire need of help, whoever decides to come here, I hope they’re coming so they can make Sotha competitive again, not so they can zerg the map down, gate camp the other factions and pat themselves on the back.

I’m only one unknown small-scale player so I doubt I have the pull to make anything happen so @Rickter @Kartalin (literally the only 2 guild leaders I know the name of), if you guys know any guilds that are looking for a campaign to play DC on, let them know.
Edited by Sylphie on December 12, 2017 9:20AM
@Curie
Làin - MagDK
1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm typing with a similar call to arms for Sotha on Xbox EU. Since CP ruined BG I'm keen but the server is quiet or zerging.

You are right tho on the night calling / gate camping / dirty tactics that ruin campaigns. If everyone played nice we would have a good war
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fengrush is gone (at least for now). Without him Essa Kh, Emas “Justin Bieber” culate, etc are lost in a haze and fog. Many other players (many of which advocated for no cp PvP on the forums) stayed in the cp campaigns. The great Wizard Daniel returned from parts unknown and quickly became the undisputed heavyweight champion of no cp. While on the throne, competition thinned to the point that even he went to cp Vivec. ZOS went from no cp BG’s to cp only (not even an option for no cp).

For now no cp is dead in Tamriel.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to sound silly but the only way I can see saving Sotha on NA PC would be to remove the ability to become Emp. While there are some players who are there for non CP fights the reality is to many players and guilds are there for the easy Emp flipping.

Removing emp would lower the population for a while but eventually it would start to repopulate with players looking for non cp fights or simply die off as it is right now anyway
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Sylphie thank you for the recognition and for reaching out. I have a limited sphere of influence but i will make an effort to bring attention to your plea.

I can say from my standpoint and the standpoint of my guild <Requiem> Sotha Sil would not be an option.

I personally prefer noCP over CP enabled pvp but a majority of my guild mates do not share that sentiment and if that wasnt enough, our brief move to the server met with hordes of AD that seemed to avoid pvping.

Let me elaborate: the focus of pvp should always be on pvp. And skill should matter. This is why i am so against laying siege down on a group or the utilization of a pvp meta with little to no counterplay. And what we found on sotha is a lot of these AD groups were retreating to keeps and exploiting the increased dmg of siege in noCP campaigns. Considering that dc is constantly at their gates or tri keeps in this campaign, attempting any meaningful pvp is mired by constant uphill keep sieging. Trying to do anything pvp related in sotha whilst having 8k coldfire ballista thrown on you makes for a miserable experience.

Again, i prefer noCP pvp, but i am also a strong advocate that zos shoul pick one “style” and stick with it. As of right now, that corporate preference appears o be CP enabled and i fear Sotha’s days are numbered.

In any case, i will still try my best to bring attention to ths thread and i wish you all the best on Sotha Sil.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i homed it last week but when i walked in yellow had taken everything... so i went to vivic where i could fight someone
    Edited by magictucktuck on December 12, 2017 2:31PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    What happens when there’s no largescale guilds or large pug groups to fight with? Organised guilds, pugs, ect run to wherever the action is at, leading to these types of encounters.
    B8ubCQ4.jpg

I mean does anyone look like they’re having fun here?

Right there is why playing on a big map with a small population stinks.

Only so many times you can be gung-*** about fighting such nonsense without throwing your computer out the window.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was never that great, but I think the PVP community in this game is mostly dead. There's almost no competitive spirit at all. Players will happily trounce an outmatched faction -- and switch factions to do it.

For all the problems ZOS and the game itself may have, individuals acting only in self-interest are choking this community because this behaviour, collectively, drives many players away and is ultimately unfulfilling.
    The tragedy of the commons is an economic theory of a situation within a shared-resource system where individual users acting independently according to their own self-interest behave contrary to the common good of all users by depleting or spoiling that resource through their collective action.
    This applies IMO: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

Edited by zyk on December 12, 2017 4:57PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sylphie

After CN/LoM left Sotha we did play as DC a bit, we definitely saw those juicy AD zergs as an opportunity. The issue we had though was we didn't get a lot of buy in from our guild members. Even though most of us had leveled multiple DC characters they were left somewhat incomplete -- undaunted/mages guild/fighters guild not leveled, other key skills still in progress, etc. The majority of our guild voted to move instead to Vivec (and occasionally Shor) and continue playing AD so that's where we're at.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    in Vivec dc is grossly overpopulated. A guild or 2 should switch to sotha. If you are looking just "for fights" you can still kill lots, string em out, etc but for map play it's a lost cause.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @Sylphie

After CN/LoM left Sotha we did play as DC a bit, we definitely saw those juicy AD zergs as an opportunity. The issue we had though was we didn't get a lot of buy in from our guild members. Even though most of us had leveled multiple DC characters they were left somewhat incomplete -- undaunted/mages guild/fighters guild not leveled, other key skills still in progress, etc. The majority of our guild voted to move instead to Vivec (and occasionally Shor) and continue playing AD so that's where we're at.

That's understandable. My MagDK still doesn't have meteor morphed or undaunted maxed :(.
    Rickter wrote: »
    Hey @Sylphie thank you for the recognition and for reaching out. I have a limited sphere of influence but i will make an effort to bring attention to your plea.

I can say from my standpoint and the standpoint of my guild <Requiem> Sotha Sil would not be an option.

I personally prefer noCP over CP enabled pvp but a majority of my guild mates do not share that sentiment and if that wasnt enough, our brief move to the server met with hordes of AD that seemed to avoid pvping.

Let me elaborate: the focus of pvp should always be on pvp. And skill should matter. This is why i am so against laying siege down on a group or the utilization of a pvp meta with little to no counterplay. And what we found on sotha is a lot of these AD groups were retreating to keeps and exploiting the increased dmg of siege in noCP campaigns. Considering that dc is constantly at their gates or tri keeps in this campaign, attempting any meaningful pvp is mired by constant uphill keep sieging. Trying to do anything pvp related in sotha whilst having 8k coldfire ballista thrown on you makes for a miserable experience.

Again, i prefer noCP pvp, but i am also a strong advocate that zos shoul pick one “style” and stick with it. As of right now, that corporate preference appears o be CP enabled and i fear Sotha’s days are numbered.

In any case, i will still try my best to bring attention to ths thread and i wish you all the best on Sotha Sil.

I completely understand your sentiment. The people that usually camp our tri-keeps are generally unskilled players that my buddy and I can 2vX however there's not much we can do when they're just going to wait for us to knock down a wall then Xv2 us with siege and guards on us, making for really frustrating gameplay. This also happens to the DC pugs that are still around, further discouraging them from playing in Sotha.

@Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »
    in Vivec dc is grossly overpopulated. A guild or 2 should switch to sotha. If you are looking just "for fights" you can still kill lots, string em out, etc but for map play it's a lost cause.

Really? On a regular basis? Seems like I haven't seen that. Since launch; DC was always kind of the lease populated on all but the buff campaigns and even then, it seemed like they were the only faction that didn't have one. Now; there have been moments like on the previous version of Shor or at times in the other unpopulated campaigns but I can't think of a time in a campaign that pop locks regularly where DC was not the lowest q. Of course; I havent been to Vivec for a couple months.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Really? On a regular basis? Seems like I haven't seen that. Since launch; DC was always kind of the lease populated on all but the buff campaigns and even then, it seemed like they were the only faction that didn't have one. Now; there have been moments like on the previous version of Shor or at times in the other unpopulated campaigns but I can't think of a time in a campaign that pop locks regularly where DC was not the lowest q. Of course; I havent been to Vivec for a couple months.
    Depends on what time you play at. Frequently though around midnight eastern US time there will be a multi-guild zerg stack rolling south from Ash 60+ deep. This usually occurs simultaneously with EP flagging up Alessia and/or Bloodmayne too. Really strange how they manage to coordinate that without communicating. To EP's credit though once they see DC piling on AD, they march for Aleswell.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Depends on what time you play at. Frequently though around midnight eastern US time there will be a multi-guild zerg stack rolling south from Ash 60+ deep. This usually occurs simultaneously with EP flagging up Alessia and/or Bloodmayne too. Really strange how they manage to coordinate that without communicating. To EP's credit though once they see DC piling on AD, they march for Aleswell.

not really that strange. DC just look at the map see EP and AD fighting and try to go for AD's scrolls. they try that often.
    Invictus
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Just got word that a small/medium scale guild is returning to Sotha. Hopefully this will breath some life back into the campaign.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK