The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reminder: Cyrodil is still a laggy mess

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Been a while since i posted one of these so i figured id remind you guys. The lag is still here. Might have gotten a bit better in very small fights with CwC, but anywhere near a zerg (and cyrodil is 99.99% zergs now) its just as unplayable as ever... Makes solo pvp so fun when half my abilities arent casting and im getting stunned by invisible people.. Most likely caused by the zerg in the keep whose resource i am fighting at.. ive asked probably over 100 times, but here it goes again, please fix your game.

Just as i was typing this i had another great experience.. fighting 5 eps in a keep and i could only cast like 3/12 abilities before my death.. Even my potion took 5 seconds to go off, i almost broke my dpad up button standing still spamming it trying to get the damn thing to work.. Its sad but this is why i cant come out here solo much anymore. I have to stay away most of the time... Its not other players its just the lag, plain and simple... And it makes me hate the game at the time.. Otherwise dueling or doing stuff in pve ill have fun, but what i really want to do i cannot because ill just get to aggravated at the fact that this mmo still performs like this..
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    same for everyone.
    Sad thing is that no ESO dev looks into this section, indeed
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'(
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i know.. its pathetic how the treat pvp players
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if they can actually fix it without major rework that they either can't or won't be able to do.

I mean any constructive ideas for how to fix it besides the rage qq posts?
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Idk if they can actually fix it without major rework that they either can't or won't be able to do.

How would we know?

If the only option is to just let it limp along being increasingly unplayable - literally, that's not an exaggeration, when your skills won't fire and the loading screens are "nearly infinite" you cannot PVP - is somebody at some point going to say so? Would that be worse than the current absentee landlord approach?

Better heads than mine who know this game very well make long, well-thought-out posts with constructive suggestions and feedback and they get zip. Not even an acknowledgement. Ok, I guess they don't care what we think, can they at least care about the game being functional? Hello? Anyone?

If you're noticing people are frustrated, we didn't get there overnight or for no reason.
    Edited by Rainraven on December 18, 2017 3:26PM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main reason I play no cp. It's nearly lag free. Now if the reason is different behaviour from the people playing there, or that the no cp system is less taxing on the server I don't know!
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainraven wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »

How would we know?

If the only option is to just let it limp along being increasingly unplayable - literally, that's not an exaggeration, when your skills won't fire and the loading screens are "nearly infinite" you cannot PVP - is somebody at some point going to say so? Would that be worse than the current absentee landlord approach?

Better heads than mine who know this game very well make long, well-thought-out posts with constructive suggestions and feedback and they get zip. Not even an acknowledgement. Ok, I guess they don't care what we think, can they at least care about the game being functional? Hello? Anyone?

If you're noticing people are frustrated, we didn't get there overnight or for no reason.

And here is the rage qq post with nothing to contribute.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Main reason I play no cp. It's nearly lag free. Now if the reason is different behaviour from the people playing there, or that the no cp system is less taxing on the server I don't know!

Before Morrowind, ZOS did a week of No CP and double AP on all campaigns to test whether CP was causing part of the issue. They've never released their findings, but from the development since we can assume that the answer was not really.

We did get ZOS to deal with resource flipping exploits though.
  • docmandub16_ESO
    "Regular content, keeping players happy, that’s all we’re doing. ESO is very much a game-as-a-service, which is a term we don’t use a lot but it really is a service at this point, and so we want to make sure that it works"
    -- http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/20/elder-scrolls-onlines-matt-firor-says-zenimax-has-least-two-years-of-additional-content-planned/

Y U no happy?!
    Edited by docmandub16_ESO on December 21, 2017 12:18PM
    Perma Forum Banned for speaking the truth.. ZOS Dictatorship at it's best! Fix your bugs and ban REAL cheaters instead of ppl on the forum ffs!
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp in the elder scrolls online is absolute trash.. Thats the conclusion im coming to. Thats what i tell anyone who asks. Its a good game but it you expect to PVP, then dont bother getting it..

Another night and i cant play. Im watching people streaming it on xbox and they CANT PLAY. Im talking to people in chat and they CANT PLAY.. Its too laggy. It feels like legit 2 fps. Its always like this and im sick of it. we are sick of it..
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will either of you ever comment on or acknowledge this issue? Month after month and its just unplayable so much of the time.
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. The lag nowadays basically killed my Nightblade. It seems worse than before, because the fps is kinda fine, but the game seems to be running in a few seconds in the past. Sorry for being offtopic, but atleast BGs are huge fun without the lag. They should improve its rewards, because it's just a moneysink for a pug player ...
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Cut the population size of vivec.
    -Shrink the map size and remove every factions Home keeps.
    -Install objectives on the outskirts of the map that play a role in scoring. Capturing towns, villages, inns, trade routes, abandoned towers as a way of spreading your factions presence and player base to fight in outside locations.
    -remove sej/Nikel/bleak and place a broken keep much like cheydinhal in that location. Make it a battle for the runes and surrounding territory and also prevent players from returning to the fight en masse so quickly after being punished and wiped.
    -allow ic sewers to be available to everyone and create additional entrances (1 for each faction) more in their own home territory. Players can enter, run through the sewers to another factions side and resurface deep within their home turf. Providing an alternative way to ambush, attack keeps from behind, or reach keeps further away from the ones you own I.e going to rayles and bursting it as ad when you only own up to faregyl.
    Take a sewer approach to subtly cause a diversion or attempt to reclaim a scroll and bring it through sewers.

-Make shor a 30 day
    -pubg style map and game where squads of 4 spawn randomly and are forced to move onwards to a location over time. Solely pvp based no objectives siege or guards.
    -remove crouch stealth as it is counter intuitive to enabling pvp and only reinforces hiding/ganks
    Use stealth pots or cloak/los to reach a target covertly for a gank
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    -Install objectives on the outskirts of the map that play a role in scoring. Capturing towns, villages, inns, trade routes, abandoned towers as a way of spreading your factions presence and player base to fight in outside locations.
    -remove sej/Nikel/bleak and place a broken keep much like cheydinhal in that location. Make it a battle for the runes and surrounding territory and also prevent players from returning to the fight en masse so quickly after being punished and wiped.
    -allow ic sewers to be available to everyone and create additional entrances (1 for each faction) more in their own home territory. Players can enter, run through the sewers to another factions side and resurface deep within their home turf. Providing an alternative way to ambush, attack keeps from behind, or reach keeps further away from the ones you own I.e going to rayles and bursting it as ad when you only own up to faregyl.
    Take a sewer approach to subtly cause a diversion or attempt to reclaim a scroll and bring it through sewers.

-Make shor a 30 day
    -pubg style map and game where squads of 4 spawn randomly and are forced to move onwards to a location over time. Solely pvp based no objectives siege or guards.
    -remove crouch stealth as it is counter intuitive to enabling pvp and only reinforces hiding/ganks

The best part of you not knowing what you are talking about is that after you've removed every faction's home keeps and taken away the outposts, Cyrodiil is left with nothing but towns and abandoned towers. Resources are replaced by villages, inns, and trade routes which are totally more important to the war effort than mines producing stone for the walls we break down (oh wait, no more keeps), lumbermills producing wood for the siege and doors (oh, wait, no more keeps to siege, scratch that), and farms for food for the guards (oh, wait, no more keeps to guard). Oh, and the Imperial Sewers, which are suddenly no longer a DLC and now a part of the base game with no compensation to players who own the DLC because that's going to go over well (and who's going to go through the sewers when you can ride across the map so much faster with much less risk?).

Yeah. A Cyrodiil filled with towns and villages, inns and trade routes, and abandoned towers + the Imperial Sewers is totally going to be an absolute haven for fights in a way that the current map with those boring old keeps, resources, outposts, bridges, and milegates totally isn't. So, um, how do you crown an emperor? Does the emperor have to drink at every inn on the map or something?

Back up. Review how Cyrodiil works right now. Figure out how to describe what you actually want from your changes without sounding completely ridiculous because there's probably a good idea in there somewhere, I'm just too hung up on "remove all the home keeps i.e. every keep in the zone" to take you at all seriously.

(You really don't know what a "home keep" is in-game, do you? Hint: Every single keep on the map is a home keep of one faction or the other. The only "unowned" buildings are the outposts: Bleakers, Sejanus, and Nikel and you want those removed too. And if you do in fact know that you just asked for every keep to be removed, well, I think I've already made fun of that idea enough above to belabor the point here.)
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, a lot of constructive ideas. Too bad ZOS will wipe their bottom with this thread. They never take action when it comes to lag.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

-Make shor a 30 day

The best part of you not knowing what you are talking about is that after you've removed every faction's home keeps and taken away the outposts, Cyrodiil is left with nothing but towns and abandoned towers. Resources are replaced by villages, inns, and trade routes which are totally more important to the war effort than mines producing stone for the walls we break down (oh wait, no more keeps), lumbermills producing wood for the siege and doors (oh, wait, no more keeps to siege, scratch that), and farms for food for the guards (oh, wait, no more keeps to guard). Oh, and the Imperial Sewers, which are suddenly no longer a DLC and now a part of the base game with no compensation to players who own the DLC because that's going to go over well (and who's going to go through the sewers when you can ride across the map so much faster with much less risk?).

Yeah. A Cyrodiil filled with towns and villages, inns and trade routes, and abandoned towers + the Imperial Sewers is totally going to be an absolute haven for fights in a way that the current map with those boring old keeps, resources, outposts, bridges, and milegates totally isn't. So, um, how do you crown an emperor? Does the emperor have to drink at every inn on the map or something?

Back up. Review how Cyrodiil works right now. Figure out how to describe what you actually want from your changes without sounding completely ridiculous because there's probably a good idea in there somewhere, I'm just too hung up on "remove all the home keeps i.e. every keep in the zone" to take you at all seriously.

(You really don't know what a "home keep" is in-game, do you? Hint: Every single keep on the map is a home keep of one faction or the other. The only "unowned" buildings are the outposts: Bleakers, Sejanus, and Nikel and you want those removed too. And if you do in fact know that you just asked for every keep to be removed, well, I think I've already made fun of that idea enough above to belabor the point here.)

Personally i like the idea but in a different way.. Add more things like that to pvp. Make the castles bigger, more intricate with more flags. Actual castles. Give people more incentive to go to certain towns or places.. Whether its for more AP or resources or whatever. The thing with all this is it doesnt matter. This is on the bottom of my list, cyrodil doesn't work so whats the difference. Fix it first, then make it better.

Also we still have areas of cyroidil not in the game. Bravil to black marsh, on the west down to anvil, and the south down to the coast. So maybe eventually they will add some more stuff to cyrodil, doubtful but maybe.