The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crystal Blast Thought

Sauce_Revolution
So I think Crystal Blast is a really cool looking spell, it's just a shame it's objectively worse than Fragments, so I had a thought on a potential way to make it more useful since taking the stun from Fragments hasn't really done much for it since sorcs have plenty of other places to get stuns from anyway.

What if instead of fragments getting the damage buff it did normal damage but with either a higher proc chance or a bigger cost reduction, then gave crystal blast the damage bonus instead? Maybe take away the splash damage and make it a decent single target spell instead, that way fragments could be a cheap, quick to cast spell but blast could be slower but stronger.

Just my two cents
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were lots of good suggestions offered on the PTS forum when the change to Frags/Blast was announced. Almost universally, it was agreed that the main draw-back of Blast is the cast time, or rather that it doesn't also have a chance to proc for an instant cast. Until that feature is part of the base skill, I don't see serious players using Blast no matter what ZOS does.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to change the ability completely or make it a stam ability
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still useless and they can nerf cfrag all the way it will NOT make a garbage skill morph any better.

It does to little for having a cast time and cost too much. The cc is useless in pve and depending on the skill for the cc in pvp is not good either since it has a cast time, cost a lot and can very easy be dodged.

They should have left the cfrag morph as it was and give cblast the same proc mechanic and remove maybe the cc from the cblast morph.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frags should be single target, blast should be used for AoE splash damage and both should have a proc. Once they do that C.Blast will be viable if the overall AoE Damage is on par with the single target damage of frags.
    Edited by Valykc on December 10, 2017 3:57PM
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    There were lots of good suggestions offered on the PTS forum when the change to Frags/Blast was announced. Almost universally, it was agreed that the main draw-back of Blast is the cast time, or rather that it doesn't also have a chance to proc for an instant cast. Until that feature is part of the base skill, I don't see serious players using Blast no matter what ZOS does.

Dude suggestions don't even matter any how u make anything individually viable on a sorcerer rat pixxie elfs are going to complain & we're going to get nerfed again both stam & magic.
    Right now sorcs are either crafters or zerglings getting milked for their crystals.
    Besides being used as an excuse to screw us over, the viability buff/excuse intentions for the morph were never made clear by them. Only the amount of problems made clear by the community. In sense they never had a working vision for it.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like what ppl are saying, c blast should also have a instant proc chance and deal aoe dmg.

but of course zos logic, instead of buffing a poor skill, they nerf the other morph. congrats, you now have 2 bad skills
    Edited by SoLooney on December 10, 2017 10:27PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blast is complete and utter garbage. One of the worst morphs out there.

Revert frags and turn blast into something more viable.
    Edited by Betsararie on December 10, 2017 10:51PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How come blast isn’t the stam morph?
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So I think Crystal Blast is a really cool looking spell, it's just a shame it's objectively worse than Fragments, so I had a thought on a potential way to make it more useful since taking the stun from Fragments hasn't really done much for it since sorcs have plenty of other places to get stuns from anyway.

What if instead of fragments getting the damage buff it did normal damage but with either a higher proc chance or a bigger cost reduction, then gave crystal blast the damage bonus instead? Maybe take away the splash damage and make it a decent single target spell instead, that way fragments could be a cheap, quick to cast spell but blast could be slower but stronger.

Just my two cents

It could have work the same way simply by making frag cost lower if it procs and make blast cost increase if it did.
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on December 11, 2017 4:44PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    dpencil1 wrote: »

Dude suggestions don't even matter any how u make anything individually viable on a sorcerer rat pixxie elfs are going to complain & we're going to get nerfed again both stam & magic.
    Right now sorcs are either crafters or zerglings getting milked for their crystals.
    Besides being used as an excuse to screw us over, the viability buff/excuse intentions for the morph were never made clear by them. Only the amount of problems made clear by the community. In sense they never had a working vision for it.

LOL

What???
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you want to nerf frags again to make blast look a little less useless?
    Hmm, this looks familiar. Where have i seen this before.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add Empower to C-Blast, so it behaves like Dark Flare but with aoe and lower primary target damage.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP