The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Pariah's Pinnacle LTO or OAO?

Pinja
Pinja
✭✭✭✭
So the Limited Time only presentation has been put forth multiple times by your perverted marketing team in various ways. The way in which this one was put forth alludes to the idea that the Malacath furniture & Pariah will only both be available for a limited time. In some sort of 'combo' gimic, crown store availability. In which case the loss of malacath cult furniture eliminating the availability of 'both,' in which I can totally avoid purchasing the *** deposits of Gia.
No offense to the artists but the marketing team was too cheap with that pack. Most of the items where standard furniture, the best of which only makes up 1/6 of the grand table. & the specialty items for that house that were to be sold in that pack are to few in number for players to really customize or give a crap about. Think about the amount of furniture the artist used to make that windy cavern look halfway presentable, & think about the amount of furniture in that pack 4 4000 crowns. [Snip]. I mean does it really hurt the company to add a few more pillars or stalactites to inventory #s? Like they sold you less furniture then the regularly available caverns pack. Really your just wasting the artistry. Many more would have bought that pack to add flare for other houses had u made it 2000 crowns.

Back to the question though is the house Pariah (LTO)Limited time only IE: Month of December see you again next year or (OAO) Only available once.?

Because it made motley sense for it to be OAO when it's location marker & door will always be available for new players to see & stumble into. Unless Wrothgar wont have a grand lynchal manor after January.

Or did I guess the gimic malacath goes away house stays around.

[Edited to remove bashing]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 9, 2017 8:48PM
Pinja for Dual Wands.
Pinja's three server solutions:

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no way they won’t sell them again. They’re just playing with people’s minds to force a buy decision. It’ll come back...otherwise they won’t make further money on it, amd why pay a team to make a new house next Christmas if you can sell Pariahs again?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can live very good without having these!
    But if ppl think they need it, they should go for it now!
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    Umm, they gave monkey only to beta users and that one dwarven pet to 6-month subs and we haven’t seen them again? Never think it will be back.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, they gave monkey only to beta users and that one dwarven pet to 6-month subs and we haven’t seen them again? Never think it will be back.

I don't think we have seen the Ice Wraith, either.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they are offering it for about a month and not 3 days. I wish such large expensive locations weren't tied to limited offers though.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far, the only limited time items that have returned are the 2 senche mounts that were available on PC prior to console launch (the black panther and leopard, iirc) and the holiday themed items (zombie horse, Rahjin's mask, pumpkin spectre polymorph, new life monk's hat, etc.).

All other limited time items have returned in the crates (or in the limited return of the DLC bundles available for a limited time at the anniversary of the DLC - such as the mind-shriven horse in the IC bundle). Some even returned in the mysterious reward boxes from the dungeon event (chef's outfit, blacksmith's outfit, dark shaman, treasure hunter, or the house/mount jackpots - which looked like they had the great stag and the island).

I'm not entirely certain that the Pinnacle will be considered a "holiday" house to return each year, as I'm assuming the cottage will (since it is also available for gold during the festival). I sure hope not, as I'd much prefer a holiday house that is available to purchase for gold like the cottage and tied to the festival achievements. The Pinnacle does not say "holiday" to me. It's just a giant, drafty, monstrosity of a place that's located in snow.

Also, Tel Galen, the island, and the manor all show up on my map even now. I'm not sure I can still preview the island or manor (I purchased Tel Galen), but it makes sense that the markers remain, as some are used as guild houses, though you have to port to the guild member rather than use the map. But, when you walk out the front door, you're not ported back to where you were but rather outside the house.

As for the furnishing pack, I do agree. They did the same thing with the Azura pack, though, so I was pretty much expecting it with this one, as well - too much filler to try and justify a 4k price when they should have just charged 2-2.5k for the unique pieces.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate marketing so much. Adds zero value to the game and is just psychological manipulation.