The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

More housing slots being investigated acccording to todays eso live

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
:/ atleast its being considered. Also zos if you are reading this ill take all donations of grand topal hideaway to make me feel better :D
Edited by Aliyavana on December 8, 2017 8:43PM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they're also considering usable storage containers in houses. Otherwise they're useless to me anyway. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish its true,im having many furniture and mats to craft but my houses are maxed out
    had to buy a new one to be able to store all this staff i gather
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even want to keep decorating mine since, what I have in mind, I know would take more than 700 slots. So there I have my house, in standy by mode waiting for more space added.

Edited by Dragonnord on December 12, 2017 5:17PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until they introduce housing storage the whole system is irrelevant to me.
  • Sera67
    Sera67
    ✭✭
    I've redone my dwemer cave/house 5 times now... 400 slots sucks... Cost of frames and dwemer recipes pretty much prevent me form ever affording a bigger home... lol

More slots is great, but alot of recipes need be looked over. 12 frame for a dinky cup... thats 40-60k in frames. >_>

One day..... one day...
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    :/ atleast its being considered. Also zos if you are reading this ill take all donations of grand topal hideaway to make me feel better :D

As far as to my understanding that was said on day one ... but it's good to hear it repeated :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »

As far as to my understanding that was said on day one ... but it's good to hear it repeated :)

Also slang for no eta
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sera67 wrote: »
    I've redone my dwemer cave/house 5 times now... 400 slots sucks... Cost of frames and dwemer recipes pretty much prevent me form ever affording a bigger home... lol

More slots is great, but alot of recipes need be looked over. 12 frame for a dinky cup... thats 40-60k in frames. >_>

One day..... one day...

What server/platform/region whatever are you?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One day..... one day...

Housing is super cheap today compared to day 1. When I decorated my house, green items were like 20k, blue 50k, and purple 100k+ (that's coimpleted items, not even recipes).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 8, 2017 9:34PM
  • Sera67
    Sera67
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

One day..... one day...

NA Ps4. If I find replacement for Photobucket(went payed service) I'll share screen shots (been planning redo it)
    Account name and PSN are same if you happen be on that platfrom. (sera67)
    1st one was valley, I needed like 50 more slots of 400.
    2nd version was cave system, but hit 350/400.. wasnt gonna get any normal items up.
    3rd version was a mountain... caves, ledges... 400/400 coudlnt get last few chairs and lgihts down. XD
    4th was round about... which i turned into 5th version of balconies and floor plates and pipes.

6th version will be taller... (what I learned with 5th version) I may get it down to good 400/400... (by leaving back half of house empty...)
    If ZOS gets move on the slots... it would save me so much work if I had 100 more.

I'm actually kinda angry its "on table" still.

Housing has some major massive holy cow issues... and this one, this very one issue could fix and adjust massive amount of complaints.

2nd for me, is storage. But thats what eso+ is for I guess... But furinishing could use there own 480slot tab in bank tied to same count as what you bought with bank.
    With out eso+, I guess storing alchemy goods in Alchemy bench would be neat, and ore in Blacksmith table.
    Or a high cost writ/voucher or 2000-3000crown Box/bag/Cabinets with neat design that work like crafting bag while inside a house would be insanely neat for storage.
    Edited by Sera67 on December 8, 2017 9:40PM
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    I hope they're also considering usable storage containers in houses. Otherwise they're useless to me anyway. :)

This. It is bewildering that this is not already the case. Should be top priority when it comes to housing.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One day..... one day...

Housing is super cheap today compared to day 1. When I decorated my house, green items were like 20k, blue 50k, and purple 100k+ (that's coimpleted items, not even recipes).

back in my day we paid millions for what you young wwhippersnappers pay pennies for today.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses don’t really need storage (slots, yes...storage, no). every dang housing improvement thread is invaded by people who want storage. MMOs survive based on limited inventory space in a world with unlimited resources. If people can store unlimited amounts, the economy crashes. People are such hoarders, lol.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

One day..... one day...

NA Ps4. If I find replacement for Photobucket(went payed service) I'll share screen shots (been planning redo it)
    Account name and PSN are same if you happen be on that platfrom. (sera67)
    1st one was valley, I needed like 50 more slots of 400.
    2nd version was cave system, but hit 350/400.. wasnt gonna get any normal items up.
    3rd version was a mountain... caves, ledges... 400/400 coudlnt get last few chairs and lgihts down. XD
    4th was round about... which i turned into 5th version of balconies and floor plates and pipes.

6th version will be taller... (what I learned with 5th version) I may get it down to good 400/400... (by leaving back half of house empty...)
    If ZOS gets move on the slots... it would save me so much work if I had 100 more.

I'm actually kinda angry its "on table" still.

Housing has some major massive holy cow issues... and this one, this very one issue could fix and adjust massive amount of complaints.

2nd for me, is storage. But thats what eso+ is for I guess... But furinishing could use there own 480slot tab in bank tied to same count as what you bought with bank.
    With out eso+, I guess storing alchemy goods in Alchemy bench would be neat, and ore in Blacksmith table.
    Or a high cost writ/voucher or 2000-3000crown Box/bag/Cabinets with neat design that work like crafting bag while inside a house would be insanely neat for storage.

Try imgur.com for uploading pics
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Houses don’t really need storage (slots, yes...storage, no). every dang housing improvement thread is invaded by people who want storage. MMOs survive based on limited inventory space in a world with unlimited resources. If people can store unlimited amounts, the economy crashes. People are such hoarders, lol.

My preferred compromise continues to be mannequins that store one gear set each. That has cosmetic value. It has utility beyond raw storage space. And it needn't add enough raw storage slots to trigger whatever concerns are motivating the "keep storage limited" point of view.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭

20v3ad.jpg
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on December 11, 2017 10:40AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you, or do you not store items in your home? If the answer is yes, then you will be halfway to understanding why people would like it. Function. Purpose. Convenience.

A house without storage is like a horse with no legs. It might still be nice to look at, and even sit upon, but honey, it's pretty much useless.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 11, 2017 12:37PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A half-empty house due to inadequate furnishing slots is pretty much useless too, honey.
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭

You have no idea what you're talking about. Plenty of mmo offer more storage options than ESO does.
    People asking for more storage are not asking for unlimited inventory space, nor are they pushing against more housing slots.
    Edited by Hrogun on December 11, 2017 5:29PM
    PC EU
    Healer
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    A half-empty house due to inadequate furnishing slots is pretty much useless too, honey.

Yes, I know, sweetie. I've said so a few times.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

Yes, I know, sweetie. I've said so a few times.

So sorry, I don't believe I'm particularly acquainted with your posts, so wouldn't have noticed. Sweetie.

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *popcorn*
    Beta tester November 2013
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it's still being looked at, but the more and more times this is said without any real substance to back it up gives me increasingly less confident in ZOS actually doing something about it. What's being investigated? What's the holdup? What are the roadblocks? Give us MORE information, please! At least something to let us know you actually are looking at it. Adding more item slots and player capacity to houses has been one of the biggest requests for housing since its release.

Even with its faults, I've been a huge fan of housing since day one. I think it's a great system but it can always be improved. Honestly, I probably would have left the game by now if housing didn't exist. It's given me incentive to play to get achievements, to craft, and to create settings for roleplaying which is really my endgame. And I know many people feel the same way. People will pour money into houses if you simply give us the ability to increase item and player capacity. I know several people who have stopped buying into housing altogether because of the limits, and I'm getting close to that myself. My beloved Hunding's Palatial Hall is beautiful, but lacking so much potential (and money I would spend on it) due to the restrictive limits.

Anything you can tell us @ZOS_GinaBruno?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opallithia wrote: »
    I'm glad it's still being looked at, but the more and more times this is said without any real substance to back it up gives me increasingly less confident in ZOS actually doing something about it. What's being investigated? What's the holdup? What are the roadblocks? Give us MORE information, please! At least something to let us know you actually are looking at it. Adding more item slots and player capacity to houses has been one of the biggest requests for housing since its release.

Even with its faults, I've been a huge fan of housing since day one. I think it's a great system but it can always be improved. Honestly, I probably would have left the game by now if housing didn't exist. It's given me incentive to play to get achievements, to craft, and to create settings for roleplaying which is really my endgame. And I know many people feel the same way. People will pour money into houses if you simply give us the ability to increase item and player capacity. I know several people who have stopped buying into housing altogether because of the limits, and I'm getting close to that myself. My beloved Hunding's Palatial Hall is beautiful, but lacking so much potential (and money I would spend on it) due to the restrictive limits.

They said they are looking into it. People are just going to have to be patient. It isn't a simple issue and has implications for server performance that needs to be taken into account. 20 people pinging Gina every other day is not going to make it happen faster, if it can happen at all.

The roadblock is making sure an increase in slots won't effect server performance. They will not increase housing slots if it is going to cause lag, increased loading time or other issues with the servers. What good is extra house slots if the server or your client crashes all the time or you get a 2 minute loading screen every time you change maps or enter your house.

Before anyone says there is minimal impact, there is. Every item in the world has impact on the server. Every item has to be rendered. I would guess that items that are interactable in any way have a greater cost on server performance.

I have a feeling that they once again underestimated the playerbase on this. I don't think they expected people to have so many multiple houses. Some people have 10 or more houses. All finished to capacity, that is a lot of items that have to be stored, besides the houses themselves.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    opallithia wrote: »

They said they are looking into it. People are just going to have to be patient. It isn't a simple issue and has implications for server performance that needs to be taken into account. 20 people pinging Gina every other day is not going to make it happen faster, if it can happen at all.

The roadblock is making sure an increase in slots won't effect server performance. They will not increase housing slots if it is going to cause lag, increased loading time or other issues with the servers. What good is extra house slots if the server or your client crashes all the time or you get a 2 minute loading screen every time you change maps or enter your house.

Before anyone says there is minimal impact, there is. Every item in the world has impact on the server. Every item has to be rendered. I would guess that items that are interactable in any way have a greater cost on server performance.

I have a feeling that they once again underestimated the playerbase on this. I don't think they expected people to have so many multiple houses. Some people have 10 or more houses. All finished to capacity, that is a lot of items that have to be stored, besides the houses themselves.

It's been 10 months
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

If ZOS are so worried about players having multiple houses maybe they should stop releasing new ones ;)>:)
    If they are worried about item counts maybe they should remove the option to buy furniture from the crown store ;)>:)

Of course they could just buy more/better servers :)
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's probably client performance that's holding it back, which they're working on
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ughdv.jpg
    ->--Willow--<-
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    ughdv.jpg

This would be funny if I did not feel it was true
  • Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    I think I have an idea about how to make the housing storage right, which will also make furniture feel useful. All houses will have a shared inventory, which you will be able to access from some of your furniture.
    They will have builtin filters, chests will show all items, cupboards will only show your food, crates and boxes will show your furniture, armor and weapon stands will show your armor and weapons (which you will be able to equip to them from their inventory), you will be able to equip books to bookcases from their inventory...
    Like the others, for this system an NPC will sell you inventory space for gold or crowns (like the NPC who upgrades your bag space) and it will be gated behind your first house of each type (up to 10 for your fist inn, 10 more for the first apartment, small, medium, large, notable home, total 60), also you won't be able to get these before that housing quest, like you can't get mount bag upgrades before having a mount.
    Sorry for my English.