The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing, the furniture limit, and termination of ESO+

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
While my ESO+ was active, I decorated my primary residence (Autumn's-Gate) to the full 200 item limit (likewise with collectibles).

Now that my ESO+ has terminated, will I be able to edit the furnishing layout (i.e move furniture around)?
Or will I be forced to store anything that I pick-up, until I fall below the 100 furnishing limit?
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be forced to store it I'm fairly certain
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still move things, but you can not with draw them into your inventory. It is tricky to get furniture from one room to another in houses like Tel Galen, but if you shove them in one direction enough, they will eventually appear in the other room (be careful. If you lose the item inside the wall, you can only withdraw it but not place it again, since you reached your cap). Luckily the Autumn's Gate only has one room as far as I remember, so you should be fine ^^
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    You can still move things, but you can not with draw them into your inventory. It is tricky to get furniture from one room to another in houses like Tel Galen, but if you shove them in one direction enough, they will eventually appear in the other room (be careful. If you lose the item inside the wall, you can only withdraw it but not place it again, since you reached your cap). Luckily the Autumn's Gate only has one room as far as I remember, so you should be fine ^^
    Or you can just use "Modify" button in the "Retrieve" menu to move furniture from one room to another (between exterior and interior as well) without "clipping magic".
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My eso+ runs out for 1 day every month bc I can only buy it in month amounts bc xb is stupid. That being said I can still move everything around and place it you just can’t put it in ur inventory. Once the item is in ur inventory you won’t be able to place it.

There is work around to this like using the retrieve and modify option to move something from inside to out(will show up right in front of you) and can still be placed.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on December 1, 2017 6:18AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for the replies, everyone. That clears the air a lot.

Nice to know I'll still be able to make adjustments to my house layout!
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden