The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What damage on a bow is considered good?

KhalifaKasem
KhalifaKasem
Soul Shriven
I have a build in mind that focuses on poison. I just wanted to know what base damage would be considered good enough for PVP? I just got the Bow of Penumbra which is a sharpened poison bow that deals 1096 damage. Right now I am level 16, but don't plan on playing PvP until I reach 50. Thank you.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base? 3k or higher
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp makes a huge difference to the damage you deal.

The set you'll want is Morag Tong, that is from Cryodil PVP...you get it form one of the towns or you can buy it.
    Something like Morag Tong and Hundings rage will give you lots of weapon damage even on a bow.
    Edited by Narvuntien on November 30, 2017 5:53AM
  • pepe1337
    pepe1337
    ✭✭
    Dont worry about your damage until later, Just enjoy the quests it'll make your time a lot more worthwhile.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you didnt ask for advice, but I wondered if you would like to know

1) Bow of Penumbra is just a normal bow, it does normal damage but has a poison enchantment. Any bow your level will be as good. Poison enchants are easy to make and are really good.
    2) you will be more powerful if you use weapon and armor sets. Use this website if you would like to see every set in the game. "Crafted sets" are sets you or others could easily make.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

3) low-level pvp may be worth trying as it is better/easier in some ways because you are getting scaled up. At level 50 (in the no CP campaign) you may have all your skills but you will feel weaker than ever before because you are no longer getting upscaled.

Anyway, sorry for the unrequested advice. Welcome to the game.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play in the <50 campaign, kyne is great for learning how cyro works and the basics of pvp combat. I will warn though I ran alot of kyne toons mainly magblades and once I hit vet I ended up with a completely different build. So I guess what I'm skill saying is what works there doest always work in vet

As far as gear for bow toons go, try out senches bite and get someone to craft you an eternal hunt set. The sets synergy is amazing for damage and evasion
  • KhalifaKasem
    KhalifaKasem
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the helpful information!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you want to be a generalist or a sniper?

• KhalifaKasem
    KhalifaKasem
    Soul Shriven
    Do you want to be a generalist or a sniper?

I plan on staying back and sniping and then using leki duel weild to attack if needed.