The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are folks running on MagWarden?

Adenoma
Adenoma
✭✭✭✭✭
I know it's a bit of a ugly, red headed stepchild to its stamina variant, but what are people having success with in Cyrodiil and in what setting?
Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep going on about how much better Stamwarden is but I'd rather fight a Stamden any day over a high damage Magden with huge shields. Stamden relies on landing Dizzying swing for burst which is one of the easiest skills to kite, block, or dodge. There's no dodging birds which hit much harder on Magden combined with those fletcher flies, Shalks that stun and Soul Assault or Meteor and theres a lot of easy to connect damage.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 setups atm, currently working on a 4th using 5 Heavy Armor

First, there's good ol' 5x Shackle + 5x Necro + 1xDomihaus. 5-1-1 Light. Brings your Magicka to about 51k with the Netch out. I use this setup for open world, wielding an Ice Staff and using almost every Winter's Embrace skill for snaring, rooting and pulling ppl to me.

I also have a healer setup: 5x Wizard's Riposte (S&B back bar) + 5x Transmutation + 2x Earthgore. Massive group heals, great utility and quite tanky

And then there's my setup for dueling, small scale and bgs. Link I take this to Cyrodiil at times too, but with different skills ofc :p
    Edited by Tryxus on November 29, 2017 12:32AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    I just went from the standard necro + shacklebreaker to 4 necro (jewelry and belt) + Valkyn Skoria (loving the pop in my new combo) + Twice Born Star (4 armor + destro / restro) went with 4 divines and get more magicka and spell dmg compared to shackle but lose out on one recovery which is fine because I don’t have sustain issues and rely on shields.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think about War Maiden and destro front bar. Lich with resto back bar and then a 2 piece monster set or mixed and matched pieces? Haven't tried this, don't have a war maiden inferno yet, but was going to try it out.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    I have 3 setups atm, currently working on a 4th using 5 Heavy Armor

First, there's good ol' 5x Shackle + 5x Necro + 1xDomihaus. 5-1-1 Light. Brings your Magicka to about 51k with the Netch out. I use this setup for open world, wielding an Ice Staff and using almost every Winter's Embrace skill for snaring, rooting and pulling ppl to me.

I also have a healer setup: 5x Wizard's Riposte (S&B back bar) + 5x Transmutation + 2x Earthgore. Massive group heals, great utility and quite tanky

And then there's my setup for dueling, small scale and bgs. Link I take this to Cyrodiil at times too, but with different skills ofc :p

Solid build (at link). People are seriously complaining about corrupting pollen atm, although I have no idea why they think it's harder to deal with than other sources of heal debuffs. Templars excluded, of course.

When I am serious, for 1v1, I sometimes run a hybrid aoe build with high magicka (one of the Jack Daniel builds). It's amazing how much unblockable damage a warden can generate stacking stam and mag DoT AoEs. It's extremely rough on melee builds and it's not uncommon in open world for players to come back several times to try different things.

I would use it more but I have never played a build that is as demanding to play due to constant bar switching. Wears me out after an hour or so.

• cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necro delivers more damage in CP than war maiden unless you have continuous attack. Also, war maiden doesn't buff destro damage or heals or frost ult

War maiden is good for 2h or DW with soul assault as part of a burst combo
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was wondering about axiom on warden
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axiom has no effect on heals so same boat war maiden. Big oversight. Btw tested on breath of life, sap essence, coagulating blood. Etc....
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Axiom has no effect on heals so same boat war maiden. Big oversight. Btw tested on breath of life, sap essence, coagulating blood. Etc....

O-o;

SoB I didn't know...

That's a big oversight.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro delivers more damage in CP than war maiden unless you have continuous attack. Also, war maiden doesn't buff destro damage or heals or frost ult

War maiden is good for 2h or DW with soul assault as part of a burst combo

Good call. Thank you.