The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Potion of Cleanse?

TheMystid
TheMystid
✭✭✭
Since it is almost impossible for certain classes to get access to cleanse (speaking from a solo player point of view, at least), what do you think about a potion that would remove 2 or 3 negative effect? If not combinable with other strong effects (like immovable), this could add an interesting alternative when it comes to potions selection during specific fights....

p. s. A pot has a long CD, so please don't see it as a call for an indirect nerf to templars
Edited by TheMystid on November 28, 2017 11:41AM
PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't see an issue with it as it has a long cooldown and uses your potion use.

I think it might actually be too weak/ineffective because of those reasons.

Also just in case you're not aware all classes can get access to purge via the Alliance War (Cyrodiil PvP) skill tree.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I wouldn't see an issue with it as it has a long cooldown and uses your potion use.

I think it might actually be too weak/ineffective because of those reasons.

Also just in case you're not aware all classes can get access to purge via the Alliance War (Cyrodiil PvP) skill tree.

Indeed, I'd rather see a Cleansing pot as a very specific choice for certain fight, expecially since DoT builds are becoming more and more popular...
    Plus, if a cleanse + restore health pot would make the health gain overcome debuff like Defile, I think it might be a life saver sometimes :hushed:

I'm aware of Efficient Purge: I run it sometimes, but it is bugged and the cost it has makes it viable only for high regen magicka builds...
    Edited by TheMystid on November 28, 2017 11:54AM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would only be competitive if it removes all negative effects.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMystid wrote: »
    Since it is almost impossible for certain classes to get access to cleanse (speaking from a solo player point of view, at least), what do you think about a potion that would remove 2 or 3 negative effect? If not combinable with other strong effects (like immovable), this could add an interesting alternative when it comes to potions selection during specific fights....

p. s. A pot has a long CD, so please don't see it as a call for an indirect nerf to templars

Not sure if it's been said but play a bit of PvP n get purge from the support line
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been suggested before, and I still think it's a decent idea for a future expansion of alchemy (more ingredients, etc.).

A "purge all" on a 45 second cooldown (or 30 with CD reduction glyphs) is hardly overpowered, and you could easily make sure it couldn't be stacked with certain other effects (a restore stam+purge+immovable potion, for instance, might be too strong).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine by me. Though a 45 second cooldown just to get rid of 2 or 3 effects seems pretty weak. Esepcially since someone who hits you with poison injection can put a potential of 5 on you (siphoned, ability DoT, glyph proc (say diseased), poisoned, and I think minor maim from being poisoned).
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't run it unless it gave an ongoing purge for X seconds... but that's too strong.
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Fine by me. Though a 45 second cooldown just to get rid of 2 or 3 effects seems pretty weak. Esepcially since someone who hits you with poison injection can put a potential of 5 on you (siphoned, ability DoT, glyph proc (say diseased), poisoned, and I think minor maim from being poisoned).

Yeah maybe 5 negative effect (like Wyrd Tree) would be more appealing..
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I wouldn't run it unless it gave an ongoing purge for X seconds... but that's too strong.

I don't know, yet if you are low health with major Defile and poison arrow ongoing, a "Cleanse + health" pot would be a really nice backup ...
    Edited by TheMystid on November 28, 2017 6:44PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be nice to purge mark on NBs for escape
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed (on both counts).

I think a one-time "purge all" would be strong enough that people would run it, at least as a sidebar pot, but not so strong that it becomes near-mandatory.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree, but 5 secs sounds balanced.

Edit: 3-5, that's long enough for escape, but too short to be OP in combat
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 28, 2017 8:38PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it’s just a messy situation. Removing debuffs in this game is absurdly powerful. Ritual was given a cost increase, purge is ridiculously expensive, warden can trade 1:1 GCD:Single purge, earthgore is arguably the most impactful pvp set in the game(VD is right there with it), negate only purges ground effects and costs tons.

That’s all the ways to remove player casted abilities/debuffs from yourself or an area available.

3 seconds of CD free purges is basically a reset to a fight since you’ll turtle and heal after using the pot. Considering no other pot allows that and it can be alternated with defensive ultimates to always give you a fight reset just seems really really not fun. But a single purge isn’t good enough to blow a pot on, idk.

I really don’t like this idea the more I think about it, I just don’t know if we could get it implemented in a balanced manner.

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably wouldn't run it since the effects I want to purge most (snares) I can just remove with Forward Momentum without wasting a pot

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it’s just a messy situation. Removing debuffs in this game is absurdly powerful. Ritual was given a cost increase, purge is ridiculously expensive, warden can trade 1:1 GCD:Single purge, earthgore is arguably the most impactful pvp set in the game(VD is right there with it), negate only purges ground effects and costs tons.

That’s all the ways to remove player casted abilities/debuffs from yourself or an area available.

3 seconds of CD free purges is basically a reset to a fight since you’ll turtle and heal after using the pot. Considering no other pot allows that and it can be alternated with defensive ultimates to always give you a fight reset just seems really really not fun. But a single purge isn’t good enough to blow a pot on, idk.

I really don’t like this idea the more I think about it, I just don’t know if we could get it implemented in a balanced manner.

@Lexxypwns thought the same thing, but it's tempered by potion cool down, and opportunity cost. Immovable, Detect, Speed/Lingering, Vitality, are all arguably as strong as the purposed purge pot and you would have to sacrifice the opportunity to use them for a few secs of purge - which in a group setting can be everything or nothing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combine spell resist and armor resist potion effects into one (armor). Then make the spell resists potion (Major Ward?) effect cleanse all debuffs that can be cleansed. (or the other way around if the potion combinations are too good/useless, I'm not motivated enough to do the research)

Wyrd tree is on a 15s timer. So if 1/3rd of your potion on a 45s cooldown, that's actually right in the ballpark for power, when compared to a tri-pot. For example: 30s cooldown for Magicka Furnace gives 8k magicka. That's about 1/3rd of a potion.

Or they can just add a few new AP potions: Cleanse+Health+Mag and Cleanse+Health+Stam

I agree it would be "underpowered", but it would be used and useful. I don't at all like the idea of an ongoing debuff immunity. Keep it simple: A cleanse potion
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just no. There are enough counters to dots in PvP as it is. Think of all the poor MagDKs; life is hard enough for them as it is!
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Counters to dots are few and far between. Purge is only 2 debuffs. It's not even enough to remove mark. Synergies are useful, but a pain, and limited to one class. That same class has a relatively cheap self purge

If a DK can't deal with a single cleanse every 45 seconds, that limits potion choices, then I don't know what to say
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭

Actually I don't see how a single pot could work as a true Reset. That being said, it's pretty clear that ZOS loves resets, and cheap ones: Light's Champion, Shield Wall, Tree, Earthgore - all added relatively recently - are more powerful and can have higher uptime than a potion...

edit: what i meant(my english is bad) is that a potion with same effect of Efficient Purge cannot by itself generate balance issues, which are to be found in said too cheap true Resets....
    Edited by TheMystid on November 29, 2017 3:46PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather a purge poison which self purges instead of negatively effecting the enemy could be a nice option instead of an enchant
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree a purge potion could be interesting, but I'd rather have a potion that provides snare immunity for 15.7 seconds. Make sure it cannot stack with speed or immovable effects. Then I have a choice--CC immunity or snare immunity