The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should Zenimax separate pvp from pve balancing etc.?

wizzard
wizzard
✭✭
I love pvp and I wish they separate pvp balancing from pve... cuz the changes in pvp affects pve a lot... and to get a clean balancing Zenimax should separate it... for example the healing in pvp is too strong but if u nerf it than u have a big problem in pve in the dungeons where u need the last drop of healing
Edited by wizzard on November 27, 2017 9:04PM

Should Zenimax separate pvp from pve balancing etc.? 155 votes

Yes
81%
Conduit0CavalryPKtizoddSolarikenkevlarto_ESOcameron90_ESOWicked_WolfAcrolasBelegnoleNewBlacksmurfPlagueSDDhukathzariaNebthet78skoomatraitkhele23eb17_ESOmadeeh91rwb17_ESODominion_MiragesSheezabeastMalthorne 126 votes
No
18%
ItsMeTooOsteoslolo_01b16_ESOSodanTokvrineKetarmishAektannMilvanbottleofsyrupMasterSpatulaAdernathtplink3r1VeoDHaleDreylochKatahdinRex-UmbraZinarothCyrusAryaIccotak 29 votes
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They already said they can’t so wanting something that cannot be done makes me want to spring fairy dust on myself and fly away on my unicorn. Btw I am taking Santa Claus with me.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    DHale wrote: »
    They already said they can’t so wanting something that cannot be done makes me want to spring fairy dust on myself and fly away on my unicorn. Btw I am taking Santa Claus with me.

Actually they just don't want to.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Where's that beating a dear horse gif? Seriously, this must be the 1000th poll, but guess what. ZOS will never do it.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would support it. however one of the devs said in ESO LIVE that if they split it then they would have twice the work when it comes to balancing.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem more than happy with their results, so nope. PvE/PvP balance is here to stay.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myerscod wrote: »
    Where's that beating a dear horse gif? Seriously, this must be the 1000th poll, but guess what. ZOS will never do it.

beat-a-dead-horse-gif-4.gif
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes PvP is not PvE they are two separate things that need separate builds.
    What I would like to see is a PvP constellation and a PvE one. So when I go into PvP I don't have to spend 3000g and then again when I go back to PvE.
    I also would like to see a different abilities load out as well so I don't have to change morphs as well.

This way I don't have to have separate PvP toons and I can use any and all my toons for what ever side of the fence I want to play.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They should, every MMO games should but noone is doing it anyway because otherwise they have to add different modifiers like damage to mobs, damage to players, damage from mobs, damage from players. Well for sure we have something like that here aswell as far as I know there are something like these in Lineage 2 too and in The Division too but that means every single skill should react different way according to damage players or NPCs and getting damage from players or NPCs. I have a lot of years in Lineage 2 which is a pretty hardcore grind, PvP, Korean MMO, damn complex. Played nearly 400 hours of The Division too, but honestly ESO beats them in term of casual play easily. Way easier to achieve things while you are enjoying what you are doing. 1 thing they have to fix as fast as possible, somehow reduce the lags and infinite loading screens in Cyro. I know it's hard or nearly impossible but we will get there eventually.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LOL it should've been from day one. Was a joke then and it's still a joke now.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course they should, but they won't. That is just how it is. And in some way, I like it. Some continuity, by not having my char/abilities/sets changed, so I can see things working in PvE and translate them to PvP. Still would rather it separate though.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 27, 2017 10:44PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Common sense. But we all know they won’t because they’re too lazy to go back and do it now. Or they’re too incompetent. Neither reason is acceptable.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

They have with some skills already
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Them saying they cant doesn't change the fact that they should. And you basing your vote off of this doesn't help lol do you really feel that if they could they shouldn't?
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I prefer consistency between the two spheres. Would rather not have to worry about two rule sets and essentially two different games between the two. And ZOS already has confirmed that this is their stance as well, so don’t bothers

No need to fix what ain’t broke. And despite what the ever complaining types will claim, balance is quite good r and has become markedly better patch after patch for a year now.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common sense. But we all know they won’t because they’re too lazy to go back and do it now. Or they’re too incompetent. Neither reason is acceptable.

They said it was intended In order to offer a 'smooth transition' when switching between PvE and PvP.

@thread: Won't happen. Ever. Other suggestions?

Imo real PvP armor -like 50% more/ less damage because of a new stat- would be something.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already said they can’t so wanting something that cannot be done makes me want to spring fairy dust on myself and fly away on my unicorn.

Cant or wont? There are a multitude of simple solutions to fix various abilities and problems without ruining it on both sides of the game.
    Why can't they change the way abilities interact with players and NPCs so that an ability that would knockback and stun a mob for example, applies a slow effect or roots them instead.
    Why can't they change the way stats are scaled in a PvP environment, why can't they add templates like WoW did (I hate them in wow but they served the exact purpose of allowing pvp and pve to be balanced separately).
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    Yes
    If u can decrease shields and healing+Increase health u can also separate other things it’s possible but u just hv 2 put work in it
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

he said DEAR horse...this one looks like a CHEAP horse :)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Removing CP from PvP would be the obvious place to start.
  • MarineDeath
    MarineDeath
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Separate the gear. PVE gear becomes useless in PVP areas and vice versa. Add additional new sets for PVP with new crafting locations. Limit the amount of proc sets in PvP. Dare I say it get rid of “champion points” in PVP. Should greatly improve server performance.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It will always be one system unless you change skills so that there is one pve and one pvp morph as well as a clear separation of pvp and pve sets (removal of common ground). Once that is in place pvp and pve get balanced separately, but it also removes choice. Unless you invent even more rules like the general healing reduction in Cyrodiil, the system will always be unified and that is a good thing, despite all its drawbacks.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    People have said this for sooooo long now it’s getting silly that ZOS is still fighting the big changes.

Their excuse is they don’t want players to have two steep learning curves.....what’s sad is they don’t seem concerned with the steep cost ingame to swap between the two as each build demands some respec of points and passives along with skills and gear.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    From the beginning PVE should’ve been separated from PVP completely. As in you have a PVE character set up and a PVP set up. The only cross over could be things like emotes, mounts (not the upgrades), titles, dyes, costumes, and that sort of thing.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes you pvp should be a whole different group of specials and skills, that way neither the pvp'er or pve'er get screwed when a balance pass is needed for one or the other, but that is to much work for zos, team lamebert/wobble not intelligent enough to do make these changes.
  • Blairy087
    Blairy087
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Off topic but this is the greatest dead horse gif ever!!! I'm stealing it. Thank you :D

On topic I'd love to see it happen but it won't :'(:'(
    Edited by Blairy087 on November 28, 2017 12:11AM
  • Blairy087
    Blairy087
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I would support it. however one of the devs said in ESO LIVE that if they split it then they would have twice the work when it comes to balancing.

I disagree they would have less work in the long run because every time they balanced one they wouldn't *** the rest
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If they can't separate the balance then I'd like to see two different "load outs" for each character which are automatically applied when entering or leaving cyrodil / IC / battle grounds.

separate skill allocations, different gear, so on.
    The complete inability to use 1 character for both PVP and PVE and be even remotely effective is very bad design.

Morphs and CP are of particular concern.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Who cares. Do you think it took them year to balance Tremorscale, Viper, that destro ult morph nobody in pve uses and 90% of other broken or OP stuff because it was too hard to do with pve in mind? Do you think heavy armor is currently very good in damage because they are afraid to nerf... tanks?

It would took them even longer...
    Edited by SodanTok on November 28, 2017 12:25AM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I miss proc set crits in PVE.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you pvp should be a whole different group of specials and skills, that way neither the pvp'er or pve'er get screwed when a balance pass is needed for one or the other, but that is to much work for zos, team lamebert/wobble not intelligent enough to do make these changes.

MMOs survive on content that is not only played but also repeated. Some skills that are handy in PvE can only be gained through PvP. Armor sets that work well in PvP can only be gained by doing PvE content. Skill lines and other things are character bound instead of account bound. Some skills you must do side quests to obtain. The reason PvP and PvE has overlapping skills isn't because ZoS is lazy or stupid. It is because overlapping skills means players doing more content. Players doing more content is the biggest determining factor in the success of an MMO.

PvE and PvP are intertwined because it is good for the game.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."