The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master's Bow + Pelinal's Aptitude

Elusiin
Elusiin
✭✭✭✭✭
Pelinal's Aptitude Set:
Your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage both become the highest of the two values

Master's Bow:
Increases your Weapon Damage by 301 against targets affected by your Poison Arrow.

Does the set work with the master's bow's enchantment?
  • MudkipKatana
    MudkipKatana
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. Just like sets that increase Spell/ Weapon Damage for certain types of damage (i.e. Silks of the Sun, Automaton, War Maiden, etc...), it looks like it only artificially increases damage against a target like marking them or something. I still have yet to get a Master Bow but it looks like that's how it operates.
    Submit to the Argonian Master Race. Submit and be free.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it does not. I tested with Liquid Lightning damage ticks, while wearing 5 Pelinel's on the body slots. LL damage remained identical when cast with and without the Caustic Arrow enchant active.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for all scenarios/skills and don't mean to discount results from @Erraln, but I just tested with Pelinal's on my stamplar and the Master's Bow boon DOES buff Radiant Oppression. I still think Pelinal's kinda sucks on everything but werewolf, but it does work.

(I made sure all tests were at full magicka and had Major Brutality up for all tests.)
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    No, it does not. I tested with Liquid Lightning damage ticks, while wearing 5 Pelinel's on the body slots. LL damage remained identical when cast with and without the Caustic Arrow enchant active.
    Thank you! And everyone else, I appreciate it!
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I can't speak for all scenarios/skills and don't mean to discount results from @Erraln, but I just tested with Pelinal's on my stamplar and the Master's Bow boon DOES buff Radiant Oppression. I still think Pelinal's kinda sucks on everything but werewolf, but it does work.

(I made sure all tests were at full magicka and had Major Brutality up for all tests.)

Interesting. I'll have to take a look at that.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strange since the DW Maelstrom weapons do.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be because Liquid Lightning is a ground targeted AOE, while Radiant Oppression is a targeted skill.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »

It could be because Liquid Lightning is a ground targeted AOE, while Radiant Oppression is a targeted skill.

Nice thought, this must be correct. I expect there are lots of spaghetti code inconsistencies regarding which skills get buffed but in general the ones that get buffed are probably single target skills.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be interested in this as well. can anybody confirm that masters bow in conjunction with Pelinals increases Single taget magicka abilities?
  • Night_Child
    Night_Child
    ✭✭✭
    It does work with Strength of Automaton, so if there are any stamina Nightblades that are really good at sustaining stamina...try SoA, Master's Bow, and Molag Kena. You might be in for a treat.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does work with Strength of Automaton, so if there are any stamina Nightblades that are really good at sustaining stamina...try SoA, Master's Bow, and Molag Kena. You might be in for a treat.

I'm pretty sure Automaton does not boost Spell Damage through Pelinal, have you tested this recently ?
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    @JackDaniell

I remember him saying in one of his hybrid vids (DK, iirc) that it does.
    He may be able to shed ight on the matter.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa ! This is tmi in the Thoerycrafting department, ZOS is not ready for this guys whats wrong with you ?

They need to build new real estate and give argonians new costume designs. lol

On a side note it works with cruel flurry but shhhhhhhhh ( Not a secret ) i dont need streamers complaining about a hybrid builds next. And plus its working as intended, thats the point of good thoerycrafting.

Logic only get you so far ... then comes creativity.

But im on console so i know nothing. Lol
  • Night_Child
    Night_Child
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

I'm pretty sure Automaton does not boost Spell Damage through Pelinal, have you tested this recently ?

I have not tested spell damage, but like you...I would rather think it doesn't. It has nothing to do with spell damage.