The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prediction: Housing storage won't happen, not without catch

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Both players and ZOS know why players decide to sub--- for the craft bag and double bank space.

I was trying to prevent double bank space from happening, since it will seal the deal that, players will feel like sub doesn't give any more profit if they can manage their inventory (which is true), which lead to ZOS not gonna letting go even a small bit of storage to players in general for "free" (even tho players already paid the ridiculous price for houses), sub or non-sub.

Therefore, housing storage, even if happen, will probably be sub-only, or 20 space for manor for non-sub, and triple for sub members, something like that.
And given with double bank space and craft bag, sub players can already manage their space pretty well, the attraction of housing storage is relatively small to them, ZOS will probably not gonna give players housing storage

The fact that sub has become THE way to solve storage and storage alone is kinda sad, really.
Edited by Lyserus on November 26, 2017 1:29PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sad, indeed.
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont sub for "craft bag and bank space".
    I sub because when I decided to play ESO, four years ago, it was a subscription based model, and when it changed to buy to play, I decided to maintain my subscription because I'm convinced that a game company needs a reliable regular cash flow.
    I love having those little perks like extra bank space, craft bag or double housing capacity, but it's not the reason that drive me to sub in the first place.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A non-plus bank has a total of 240 spaces, and a character can have 200 inventory spaces. Let's look at crafting materials:

Alchemy: 26 reagents. 9 potion solvents. 9 poison solvents.
    Blacksmithing: 10 raw items. 10 ingots. 4 upgrade materials.
    Clothing: 20 raw items. 20 cloth/leathers. 4 upgrade materials.
    Enchanting: 32 potency runes. 18 essence runes. 5 aspect runes.
    Provisioning: 25 food ingredients. 25 beverage ingredients. 3 gold ingredients.
    Woodworking: 10 raw items. 10 wood types. 4 upgrade materials.

A total of 244 items so far. Bank is already full, but wait, there's more.

18 trait gems.

Style materials vary, depending on your access to DLC, and if you have played during holiday events:
    (crown store styles not included)
    Base game: 10 racial styles, 12 rare (Daedric, Celestial, Ebony etc), 4 Cyrodiil styles, 2 holiday event styles
    DLC up to Clockwork City: 23 styles

That's another 69 items. For a total of 313. Which is fine, if you only want to craft on one character and divide the items between the bank and that character (what I currently do). But I assume most crafters don't bother keeping the low level solvents, or the champion level materials. Remove those and you are left with a total of 265.

Again that sounds reasonable. If you only plan to craft with one character. All other plans are too awkward. These numbers only account for you having one stack of each item. Go above one stack on a few items and things start to get tricky.

There are so many other things to take into account. Holding on to gear sets, master writs that you can't complete yet (especially because they can require dlcs), treasure maps/surveys, stacks of items for daily writs.

More space please.
    PS5 EU.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory management is something I really don't like about this game. I have ESO plus and my bank is still full. I hate having to create "mule characters" or basically Decon stuff that I think "hey maybe I'll try this set out one day."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always a catch. How else will ZOS keep us grinding away adding hours of playtime to the game's life?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would be fine with not having access to the items stored in the house unless your character is there. That already is one catch to it. I just hope whatever their demand will be, that it will not be as rediculous as some others have been. Otherwise it will be just another feature that I won't spend money on.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, honestly it should be unlimited for subs. However it should be large enough for b2p for one small house.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s very disappointing at times to see my large residences, and know that I can’t store items within them like in Skyrim. I walk into my Nebanese manor, or my tropical island, and feel so luxurious... I feel so... Posh... Only for me to realize I can’t actually store things within them. I dont even have a mannequin to display my hard-earned gear and crown store outfits... Very disappointing indeed. :(
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 26, 2017 3:19PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Things like housing and gems etc shouldn't be artificially limited just to push subs. I know housing has a limit because of storage for ZOS, but it should be the same all across.

Give stuff like craft bag and the free dwarven crate stuff to subs, not take thing away from B2Pers.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 26, 2017 3:28PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have house storage attached to eso plus than not have any house storage at all. Seems like an oversight on ZoS's part that people would want/expect house storage.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Things like housing and gems etc shouldn't be artificially limited just to push subs. I know housing has a limit because of storage for ZOS, but it should be the same all across.

Give stuff like craft bag and the free dwarven crate stuff to subs, not take thing away from B2Pers.

Have you got it once? So how should you have it "taken away" from you?

Perks for sub have to be appealing and consistent. I personally think they are doing well in that matter.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    i keep getting uncraftable master writs until i learn some motifs and some are expensive. for example, i got 2 Bouyant writs and i cant afford +250,000 gold each.
    time to wake them up from sandbox, sticking the heads in sand are not good and seem like "anti-fun" for players.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, pretty much. This is why I will not worry about buying or grinding for a house. It offers me no additional functionality. Therefore I can do completely without.

Now lets just say ZOS did add in housing storage. Then I would be able to convince myself to buy one. However as of now, there is little point.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    i keep getting uncraftable master writs until i learn some motifs and some are expensive. for example, i got 2 Bouyant writs and i cant afford +250,000 gold each.
    time to wake them up from sandbox, sticking the heads in sand are not good and seem like "anti-fun" for players.

you know you could sell some of those to get the cash to buy the motifs.
    1. immediately clear bag space
    2. get cash and learn motifs
    3. clear future writs by crafting them

thats a big win situation. you could also go and put yourself in situations to get the motifs. hell, i picked up 3 motifs in the same pot in one zone. maybe 4 now actually. some of them arent that hard.
    Edited by Slick_007 on November 30, 2017 1:02PM
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Inventory management is something I really don't like about this game. I have ESO plus and my bank is still full. I hate having to create "mule characters" or basically Decon stuff that I think "hey maybe I'll try this set out one day."

Pretty much my issue every single day. It's like whenever I get a unique or named weapon/armor, I need to keep it.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • turanbloodfist
    turanbloodfist
    Soul Shriven
    I would be really gutted if housing storage never materialises. I'm not subbed so I don't get the bankspace and crafting space boosts but to be honest I don't think that makes much difference. I'm happy for the quality of life improvements of the sub bonuses to make it easier to share items between characters and add a decent amount of space saving but between my 11 max inventory characters that should be enough to hold onto any items i want to keep, even if I can't access them quickly through use of the sub craft bag / bankspace bonus.

I think the problem stems from the way, with each new release, rewards are often in the form of armour sets. If i'm playing content and receive an item, I don't want to have to discard it and then 6 months later have to go back and farm / buy the same item again if it becomes useful. If i've earnt it once then it's less fun to have to go get it again.

Housing storage would be a great way of allowing the space to store items. If a character has to actually go to their house to pick the items up then that wouldn't invalidate the ease of use of the craft bag and bank space increases. They could even double the given space per storage item for sub holders. More so, if household mannequins that only hold armour sets are introduced instead of generic storage then it doesn't affect the craft bag side at all.

It's got to the point where I put off getting the clockwork city for a few weeks and haven't even got the horns of the reach expansion as I don't want to have to go through more inventory juggling over 2440 inventory slots!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing storage should be a sub-only feature. Only way it's going to happen, if ever.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double bank space was a good thing. It's in Zos' interest to encourage subscriptions.

Do the math. Even when we got 4 DLCs in a year one could spen far less during that year if they just bought the DLCs vs subscribe. Take into account the crown sales and it makes subscriptions that much more favorable for Zos.

Double bank space was inevitable and I doubt Zos is finished. Think armory.

There is a way Zos can still add storage to housing but it's more logical than merely crafting a piece of furniture.

It starts with one piece of furniture with 10 slots (double w/ESO+). Purchase with gold additional slots like our bank space but at a much higher costs. At least double what bank space costs. Heck, make it per character and quadruple the price since that's a real premium. (Still double w/ESO+).
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Double bank space was a good thing. It's in Zos' interest to encourage subscriptions.

Do the math. Even when we got 4 DLCs in a year one could spen far less during that year if they just bought the DLCs vs subscribe. Take into account the crown sales and it makes subscriptions that much more favorable for Zos.

Double bank space was inevitable and I doubt Zos is finished. Think armory.

There is a way Zos can still add storage to housing but it's more logical than merely crafting a piece of furniture.

It starts with one piece of furniture with 10 slots (double w/ESO+). Purchase with gold additional slots like our bank space but at a much higher costs. At least double what bank space costs. Heck, make it per character and quadruple the price since that's a real premium. (Still double w/ESO+).

Feel like there's gotta be a variable in there that takes your house size into consideration for the starting amount of slots.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kwisatz wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Have you got it once? So how should you have it "taken away" from you?

Perks for sub have to be appealing and consistent. I personally think they are doing well in that matter.

Because when they pushed housing they offered big customization, but it is very nearly impossible to get a worth while house without subbing. Hence we had the functionallity of our house reduced simply to push subs. If it was 600 nonsub and 1200 sub then its fine. Non subs can have a full house, subs can go wild.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.