The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you disappointed by the Black Fridas sale?

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Not even clear on which deity or prince the celebration of Black Fredas in Tamriel traces back to

Neither.

It was started by small bands of merchants who would rather give their wares away for next to nothing than to be heavily taxed on the market value.

Then these merchant groups established oligarchic relationships with each other and eventually became guild-corporations that kept assets off-shore to avoid being taxed on them altogether.

But once a year they celebrate their humble roots when they were just good men and women telling the tax man to go *** himself.
    signing off
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm not interested in Black Friday, so it makes no difference to me. My ESO+ renews next month and i'm due Crowns then.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Expected nothing, got nothing :wink:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Was hoping for a discount on the Morrowind upgrade and got it, so that's good. Although I was expecting/hoping for a black friday crown sale, I'm over it. Hopefully there'll be a Christmas/New Life crown sale instead.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's a free bear way I see it as I needed the mount upgrades.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If they give a 50 % discount for ESO Gold Edition why Guilds and Glory Pack not have a 50% discount too? ..aka 2500 Crowns.

• monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Buncha food. Come on.

• MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    junk junk junk jjunk junk- BEAR!

pass
    why cant they give us some good stuff, some unlocked colour dyes, a costume hat, a mount, some temper mats, AP buff, motifs, - stuff that we actually value
    Edited by MakoFore on November 23, 2017 9:56AM
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yep, full of trash consumables that shouldn't be in the store anyway.
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't think that that bear bundle is worth 1900 crowns as I'm not really into consumables.
    Seeing Morrowind on sale was nice, but I really hoped for a crown sale.
    I wish that old bundles and costumes went on sale. Both starter packs were on sale earlier, so why not put on sale those "triple costume" bundles too?
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Quite honestly I did wish for a crown sale, but it's ok.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I wouldn't even call it a 'sale'. What a long term and dedicated players got?

Discounts on ESO and Morrowind are useless to us. No explanation needed.

That bundle is totally not worth it cause apart from the bear most of us don't use / care about XP scrolls and other consumables that are not selling well separately. In other words it's 1.900 crowns for a bear. It doesn't sound like a bargain to me.

Free mount? Well, free stuff is always nice and thank you for that but I'm pretty sure most of us won't be riding this for more than 10 min since it's not what we chose/would like to have. I checked it yesterday and after 5 min went back to my Elk mount and I won't bother with it anymore. E.g. giving us an opportunity to choose one item from the previous crown crates seasons or retired items would be much nicer.

So... for most of us there is no black fredas/friday this year.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There's nothing I want that I don't already have (I like ESO and Morrowind but I already have them), so I won't be buying anything. But it's a good deal for other people, and the free mount is nice.

Plus I'm British and 'black Friday' has only existed over here for a few years and is nothing like it is in America (plus it seems pretty arbitrary without Thanksgiving) so I've never gotten into the mind set of expecting cheap stuff at this time of year.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This one gets to go to Morrowind for half the price. This one was waiting for such an occasion...
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, ESO+ is enough for me, dont need more crowns.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    So, this month I've gotten a free pet, a free mount, and with the crate thing coming up, a chance on more free stuff.
    And, I got more useful stuff like experience scrolls and potions, including a bear mount all for less crowns than a mount usually costs.
    No, I'm not disappointed. They didn't have to give us anything or put anything on sale for that matter. Name one other game that has a cash shop that does that.
    Edited by Kel on November 23, 2017 11:35AM
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The sale on the game PC almost had me excited, then I remembered I would have to give up all my crowns and crown store purchases to switch over. Not worth it to me :(
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Here is a previous sale I could find:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25541

This was the Black Friday sale from 2015, all I had to do was type in ESO black friday sale into google if anyone wants to see previous sales.

It's funny...players in that post are complaining about crown packs being on sale, saying it leads to greed.
    Fast forward to 2017 and everyone here is complaining about crowns NOT being on sale.
    It's true...damned if you do, damned if you don't.....

https://i.imgur.com/rGTf7Qs.png
    Edited by Kel on November 23, 2017 12:34PM
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    DISAPPOINTED!!!
    PC/EU
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The word 'sale' itself has a meaning of getting things cheaper as usual. Ofc there are sale when we can obtain just a few things this way, or a lot more, and in my experience, an announced sale means the latter case, so a lot of items. Especially the 'Black Friday Sale', when the whole action means that there are lots of items on discount. I could imagine a 15% discount on all things in the crown store, as well as former items reappearing, on a lower price.
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Would have loved a crown sale but still voting no for the Morrowind discount, will definitely buy it now :)
    Argonian masterrace
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, cauze it has no meaning for me.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No crown discounts, so yes.

I have a steam wallet full of funds waiting for a discount to those things. I was going to buy some reaper crates before they go away. I guess there’s no point now.
    Edited by Vrienda on November 23, 2017 1:18PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Delgent
    Delgent
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yesterday, I was, until I saw that for the money we were going to spend on crowns, I could finally pick up a PS4 VR bundle that went on sale last night. Had we stocked up on crowns during a sale, I wouldn't have spent the money on VR. I'm not getting any younger, and have been intrigued by VR, so figured, why not.

What's funny is, if VR usurps ESO for the bulk of my leisure time, I won't have a need to spend any money on ESO anymore. Opportunity cost in action. ;)
    Edited by Delgent on November 23, 2017 1:21PM
    To live for good is to die in the name of honor.
    SEEK AND DESTROY
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    You need expectations to be disappointed first :p

That said, I mostly looked at it, saw the "8k1 crowns worth for 1k9 only!" tag, checked the items, and realized that I had only any sort of use for the bear. It can be nice for a newer player, but for the rest, it's just a reskinned bear mount for 1k9 crowns.

PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no, because I wasn’t expecting anything to begin with. Then again, I also wasn’t really planning on buying the bundle as well. Can’t really be disappointed in something you aren’t buying, and also means little to nothing to you.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 23, 2017 2:33PM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    I don't personally care for the consumerist attitude people adopt around this time of year.

Well, either way people buy stuff from the crown store, itd be nice if stuff was 75% off.

id buy crown crates that are 75% off :))
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Necrelios wrote: »
    Great more bears. Just what we needed. :p

This is unbearable!
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    (edited)
    Edited by shaielzafine on November 28, 2017 3:35PM
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Never bothered about "black friday" or fredas for that matter.

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP