Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding mods for consoles for addons

monktoasty
monktoasty
✭✭✭✭✭
Since xbox and ps4 allows mods now..couldn't eso work out a system so that console players can use addons?

Or is addons and mods different?

• CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer not to use addons. I have bad memories of playing squares.

Also I like the skill element to the game. Some addons seem to remove that.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is Sony, they don't allows mods referencing scripts from foreign sites. This affects Skrim strongly (fewer mods on PS4 compared to XB1). And mods need code reloading from non-zeni sites ...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While some addons are nice, we don't need the problems that the not so nice addons bring.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 21, 2017 2:37PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trading addons would be nice.

or they could just hire the people to redo the UI for the guildstore.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer to keep all addons to the PC people that need them to play the game. :wink:

I would not want Miats anywhere near my game thank you.

There are of course some really cool addons for locating skyshards and other items(Guild store addons) that would be welcome IMO but everyone would quickly go to cheating handicap addons like Miats.

If it is all or nothing I can easily say please keep it as nothing.
    Edited by Defilted on November 21, 2017 2:40PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most useful mod I use (former XB player) is the mini-map... ^(yeah that's a huge issue)^
    Edited by T4T2FR34K on November 21, 2017 2:47PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. PC Pvp is crippled with add ons that give players advantages so Id rather that stuff be no where near console.

Keep everyone on a level playing field.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's "crippled" pc, but some issues arise. Still, the benefits of some nice and clean addons would be spectacular though. I mean, debuffs and buffs along the same row on PS4?? All I see is a bunch of squares! *"Stop the fight! I need to look at my 28 squares in the same row to see if I should purify"*
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No add-ons please. I like the clean UI consoles have. On PC, you have to muddle the whole screen up to avoid being at a disadvantage in PvP.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% flat no.

The main advantage of console over PC is zero add ON's.

We know we all have the same. No cheating etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer not to use addons. I have bad memories of playing squares.

Also I like the skill element to the game. Some addons seem to remove that.

Yeah but things like Srendarr are pretty much a necessity for good DPS numbers. If you don't know what Srendarr is, its a buff tracker that allows you to chose literally everything: you can blacklist buffs and debuffs so they never appear on your screen, you can arrange the placements of each buff/debuff window and you can chose the sizes of the icons and the way that they are displayed.

Things like Combat Metrics and Constellations also would help many players get much better at the game and more importantly, they will give players insight into their mistakes.

The rest is fluff, but these two things are definitely needed on consoles. Although, having Lorebook and Skyshard addons would be very nice too.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I would prefer to keep all addons to the PC people that need them to play the game. :wink:

I would not want Miats anywhere near my game thank you.

There are of course some really cool addons for locating skyshards and other items(Guild store addons) that would be welcome IMO but everyone would quickly go to cheating handicap addons like Miats.

If it is all or nothing I can easily say please keep it as nothing.

Pretty much my feelings, too.
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, I would love to have access to some add-ons with xbox. Not interested in any combat related ones really but would love some guild store ones and dressing room. Swapping between builds is lame on console and the boost to my shopping efficiency with the traders would be really nice.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately Zos finally wised and provided consoles (and everyone else) a buff tracker which is a comon element of MMORPGs. They finally realized their design to obtain our information from the environment was a complete failure and it has been clear they were not able to fix it.

But addons and mods would be different things and access to them probably doeends first ok the host (Xbox and PS) to permit them.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    If mods/addons are ever allowed onto console, that is the day I stop playing ESO. and no, no one can have my stuff. I'll take it with me into oblivion.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Fortunately Zos finally wised and provided consoles (and everyone else) a buff tracker which is a comon element of MMORPGs. They finally realized their design to obtain our information from the environment was a complete failure and it has been clear they were not able to fix it.

But addons and mods would be different things and access to them probably doeends first ok the host (Xbox and PS) to permit them.

I think that the in-game buff tracker is the worth thing they've ever done in terms of combat related UI. You can't see **** and everything is in the same place, moving around all the time. No order, no way to organize anything... Yeah, it sucks.

Like at least let us chose the way buffs are sorted. Let us chose which buffs we don't want to see and which buffs we want to see. Let us see our ground AoEs.

That is the least need to do in order to make the buff tracker somewhat usable.

I'm just using the target debuff tracker and self-debuff tracker at the moment, since I don't want to have the whole lower end of my screen filled up with plenty of tiny icons.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope mods are never enabled on consoles.

I think that they should never have been allowed on PC in the first place.

Some are mostly harmless - things like the minimap, and skyshard locations - although personally I wouldn't want these, I was glad that they removed the minimap pre-launch.

But some mods make the playing field so uneven between people with different mods - both in PvP and competitive PvE. It gets to the point where you have to have mods to be competitive.

Consoles are generally more casual than PC, so people are less likely to enjoy the metagame that automatically comes with allowing mods.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    No thanks. PC Pvp is crippled with add ons that give players advantages so Id rather that stuff be no where near console.

when people desync lethal arrow and use other bugs i could care less about "an even level playing field" i would use miat addon in a heart beat.
    Edited by Kalante on November 21, 2017 5:37PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. I like the game the way it is. If I wanted to play with add ons, I'd just play on the PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

I think that the in-game buff tracker is the worth thing they've ever done in terms of combat related UI. You can't see **** and everything is in the same place, moving around all the time. No order, no way to organize anything... Yeah, it sucks.

Like at least let us chose the way buffs are sorted. Let us chose which buffs we don't want to see and which buffs we want to see. Let us see our ground AoEs.

That is the least need to do in order to make the buff tracker somewhat usable.

I'm just using the target debuff tracker and self-debuff tracker at the moment, since I don't want to have the whole lower end of my screen filled up with plenty of tiny icons.

I'd suggest offering feedback on the current buff tracker. Zos has been known to release substandard systems before (ok, an entire substandard game) and make improvements.

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though this thread is for"Console'rs", and I am PC, I just want to throw my 2 Drakes about add-on's and clarify:
    Add-On's are not cheating...(With IMO exception of Miat's).
    I have 45+ add ons and not one can be considered cheating or give me advantage over others.
    And remember, Bethesda Promoted Add-On Making to the Masses! .
    TES3: Morrowind.....
    PC version came with a "Construction Set" CD that taught you and assisted you in creating new things and adding them to your game. Mod Makers became a major aspect of TES Games after that!
    All the best "Mods" you saw in Morrowind showed up in "Oblivion", The best ones of Oblivion came out in "Skyrim".
    Add-Ons and Mods are a main part of Tamriel!
    There are some great QoL add ons that consoles should have access to.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC master race? Only with addons...
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    If they do allow add-ons it will almost certainly be a whitelist (ZOS approved) subset of add-ons. Clearly there are some controversial combat related add-ons (e.g. MIAT) and some others which I don't think would warrant any objections (e.g. changing room).

My hope would be that ZOS would only allow a small subset of convenience add ons; changing room, mini map, skyshards, lorebooks, combat metrics...
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that not all PC players use addons.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though this thread is for"Console'rs", and I am PC, I just want to throw my 2 Drakes about add-on's and clarify:
    Add-On's are not cheating...(With IMO exception of Miat's).
    I have 45+ add ons and not one can be considered cheating or give me advantage over others.
    And remember, Bethesda Promoted Add-On Making to the Masses! .
    TES3: Morrowind.....
    PC version came with a "Construction Set" CD that taught you and assisted you in creating new things and adding them to your game. Mod Makers became a major aspect of TES Games after that!
    All the best "Mods" you saw in Morrowind showed up in "Oblivion", The best ones of Oblivion came out in "Skyrim".
    Add-Ons and Mods are a main part of Tamriel!
    There are some great QoL add ons that consoles should have access to.

But the problem is addons like Miat's and countless other addons that have been written that have been kept private that use the API to unfair advantage. Not all get published. In a way we should be a little thankful that Miat's exposed the fact that ZOS has holes in it's API to the masses.
  • russb7b14_ESO
    russb7b14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I just need a in game skyshard map. How many of us have to use maps from the internet to find the damn things!
    Vokundein
    Vada - Oathsworn of Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
  • MasterBiffpudwell
    MasterBiffpudwell
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to use add-ons. They have a few good ones that enhance the game and make it more enjoyable for me. Such add-ons like the fishing ones, the research timers, the crafting writ assistant, map markers for survey maps and treasure chests, skyshards locations and so on and so forth. I have enjoyed playing my PC version much, much more than console because of the add-ons but I have been playing console (PS4) since day one so that game is much further along. If there were a way to transfer my saved game data from my console to my PC you would never see me on console ESO again unless consoles got add-ons.
    Edited by MasterBiffpudwell on June 5, 2018 4:26PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's mention the Add-Ons no one has mentioned.
    It seem many think Add Ons are cheats and/or just for lazy people.
    How many of you are GM's?
    Almost half of my add ons are to help with Guild Mgt. We had ask over 3 years ago for better GM tools, but we still rely on add ons for that today.
    Stacking Guild Bank, Mass Mail, Roster Mgt, Sales Reports, Chat Messaging, etc.....
    "Not all Add-Ons are evil....." :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll throw out that from
    pizzaow wrote: »
    If they do allow add-ons it will almost certainly be a whitelist (ZOS approved) subset of add-ons. Clearly there are some controversial combat related add-ons (e.g. MIAT) and some others which I don't think would warrant any objections (e.g. changing room).

My hope would be that ZOS would only allow a small subset of convenience add ons; changing room, mini map, skyshards, lorebooks, combat metrics...

Every add-on available is essentially already on a whitelist. If ZOS disapproves of an addon, they have many tools available that they can use to block features they don't like, or even completely gut it.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • tallscot
    tallscot
    mb10 wrote: »

That's why I prefer PVP on consoles – everyone has the same hardware. However, it would be nice to have official add-ons offered on the Crown Store.

I'd love the guild store add-ons. I haven't used them in ESO, but in WoW they were a great help. They would scan the store routinely and then have a very accurate going price for any given item to help you set a price for maximum profit. When browsing, they would tell you if what someone was asking was high/low.

North America - PS4