The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is going on with ESO?

Kay1
Kay1
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I haven't seriously played ESO in like 4 months and I wanted to comeback to see if there was some interesting set for PvP to farm (unfortunately that's not the case everything I was running is still bis).

I jumped into PvP and I was impressed, only 1 bar in the most popular campaign in PS4 EU, but one bar, not on each alliance actually just 1 bar.

When I left, Vivec was always full and two more campaigns had at least 1-2 bar on each alliance but now PvP looks... dead.

No matter how cancerous a meta can be there's always people playing, so I guess there's something more interesting to do now? But it's really incredible I've never seen PvP this dead since Chillrend in 2015, so my question is, why?

Is the game dying? Is there an exploit everyone is doing instead of playing the game? People are farming an OP set?

The first thing I checked was the forums and actually no one is talking about it, so I'm starting to worry!

I am only talking about PvP population by the way.
K1 The Big Monkey
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search function is your best friend.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an infinite loading screen epidemic in Cyrodiil right now, especially for consoles, that makes it basically unplayable, and has been going on since the release of the last DLC.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at the thread about long loading screens & you'll understand the reason.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    Hello, I haven't seriously played ESO in like 4 months and I wanted to comeback to see if there was some interesting set for PvP to farm (unfortunately that's not the case everything I was running is still bis).

I jumped into PvP and I was impressed, only 1 bar in the most popular campaign in PS4 EU, but one bar, not on each alliance actually just 1 bar.

When I left, Vivec was always full and two more campaigns had at least 1-2 bar on each alliance but now PvP looks... dead.

No matter how cancerous a meta can be there's always people playing, so I guess there's something more interesting to do now? But it's really incredible I've never seen PvP this dead since Chillrend in 2015, so my question is, why?

Is the game dying? Is there an exploit everyone is doing instead of playing the game? People are farming an OP set?

The first thing I checked was the forums and actually no one is talking about it, so I'm starting to worry!

I am only talking about PvP population by the way.
    Hallothiel wrote: »

^
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    There's an infinite loading screen epidemic in Cyrodiil right now, especially for consoles, that makes it basically unplayable, and has been going on since the release of the last DLC.

Well, there's always infinite long load time screen but I guess this time is stronger than ever :/
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Yeah, will do that, it must be a serious issue if all the campaign are that dead, since the DLC, thats what, 2 weeks? Zenimax haven't patched it yet? Their game have the lowest PvP population ever since release and they don't so anything, whao, I just got back in ESO and I wanna leave again.

I left because every patch they tried to fix 1 bug while creating 5 more and I guess they haven't changed.

Thanks for your replies.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    I have zero clue about console populations, but in peak hours on EU PC even in load time issues, the campaigns are usually locked full of people
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnowFury wrote: »
    I have zero clue about console populations, but in peak hours on EU PC even in load time issues, the campaigns are usually locked full of people

Way to brag lol pvp on ps4 na is almost dead do to the loading screen problems going on right now if pc had this issue i'm sure the pvp population would also be down unfortunately pc gets treated great while console players get treated like dirt
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 21, 2017 11:06AM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    populations always go from high in the summer (because school holidays) and then lower again in between until xmas holidays.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loading screen is due to a problem with a texture that would never load. ZOS has stated many times that they are trying to fix it with the highest priority. You're not being treated like dirt.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    The loading screen is due to a problem with a texture that would never load. ZOS has stated many times that they are trying to fix it with the highest priority. You're not being treated like dirt.

Maybe not but from my personal perspective we do i know there are technical reasons why things happen differently on consoles such as why updates take longer then pc but in my opinion if they would just be a little more informative then they currently are it sure would go a long way and change some peoples opinions of them for the better i would think they have a fix ready for consoles but have yet to say when it will be made available to us i understand they might not even know yet themselves but even just an estimated time would be better then nothing
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 21, 2017 11:29AM
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

Maybe not but from my personal perspective we do i know there are technical reasons why things happen differently on consoles such as why updates take longer then pc but in my opinion if they would just be a little more informative then they currently are it should would go a long way and change some peoples opinions of them for the better i would think they have a fix ready for consoles but have yet to say when it will be made available to us i understand they might not even know yet themselves but even just an estimated time would be better then nothing

The problem with that is that of they give an estimate (which is likely impossible when debugging such a large amount of code) and they missed this estimate, it would just create another uproar. "Oh ZOS went back on their promise... incompetence...everyone drop your subs" etc.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe not but from my personal perspective we do i know there are technical reasons why things happen differently on consoles such as why updates take longer then pc but in my opinion if they would just be a little more informative then they currently are it should would go a long way and change some peoples opinions of them for the better i would think they have a fix ready for consoles but have yet to say when it will be made available to us i understand they might not even know yet themselves but even just an estimated time would be better then nothing

The problem with that is that of they give an estimate (which is likely impossible when debugging such a large amount of code) and they missed this estimate, it would just create another uproar. "Oh ZOS went back on their promise... incompetence...everyone drop your subs" etc.

True i guess maybe it's a situation where it is better to not say anything at all sometimes then to say something and maybe make things worse
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe not but from my personal perspective we do i know there are technical reasons why things happen differently on consoles such as why updates take longer then pc but in my opinion if they would just be a little more informative then they currently are it sure would go a long way and change some peoples opinions of them for the better i would think they have a fix ready for consoles but have yet to say when it will be made available to us i understand they might not even know yet themselves but even just an estimated time would be better then nothing

They've given a number of updates here and on ESO Live. It's not their fault if people don't bother to follow the Dev Tracker and prefer instead to post "ZOS never communicate with us" comments. As for time estimates, most developers learn the hard way that they're opening Pandora's Box when they provide an estimate for something, a moment's slippage and they'll be accused of having lied and broken promises, while in the meantime even if the estimate was for a fix in 10 minutes time there would be loads of posts complaining that it was taking too long :wink: ! All they need do is acknowledge the problem without undue delay, confirm they're working on it, and then get on with fixing it. We don't need updates every step of the way.