Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Orsinium at lower level?

skyfiredraco
skyfiredraco
✭✭✭
hey guys... just kinda curious here... but how is orsinium while leveling? Any weird scaling with one tamriel etc.?

Basically i'm thinking about getting back into this game. I play on my ps4 and my "main" is a champion 162 stamblade. I did "hero of the aldmeri dominion", "bane of the gold coast" and ground up vigor in cyrodil... but never did much with the other areas.

I never finished the thieves guild line, never set food in orsinium and never did the other two factions. When morrowind came out i rolled a warden but for some reason couldn't get into the class at all and burned out about halfway through Vvardenfell.

Now i'm getting that eso itch again and think i want to roll a new char. I want to do a melee stam type but also want to be able to solo well... i hear good things about a stamsorc so i'm gonna give that a go :)

Anyway, i noticed the orsinium event thing is going on and, again, i've never been there and hear good things... but those are all from endgame type discussions.

Just curious if its worth heading that way or if i should just jump into ebonheart of daggerfall :)

ty for any advice guys :)
PS4 / NA
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium content levels to your character. In fact if I am not mistaken Orsinium was the first zone ZOS released where content leveled with your character and world boss fights were a challenge for a group.

Orsinium was also the first zone where ZOS, the environments team, and story team really showed what they were capable of. At 75% off original price I’d probably say the DLC is worth it, especially if you are generally an ESO fan.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I levelled an alt through wrothgar a couple of months ago. I didn't notice anything weird and the difficulty wasn't much different from the original zones.

I did have max cp applied and the experience that comes along, but you should be fine. The overland zones really won't cause you any grief.

Orsinium in a great zone. I really enjoyed it. I recommend doing it.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After One Tamriel there is no more levelling, essentially (apart from CP160+). Everything scales and does so reasonably evenly.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on November 21, 2017 7:16AM
  • skyfiredraco
    skyfiredraco
    ✭✭✭
    ty guys. Think i'll head over there :)

made a new char and realized that i've had eso plus running for a few months without using it... which in this case means i have a crapton of crowns waiting on me lol.

grabbed the 2k bundle on sale for the mount and exp scrolls if nothing else. Should speed things up a bit :)

cheers guys. happy to be back :)
    PS4 / NA
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium content levels to your character.

Actually your character levels to the content. Environmental difficulty is the same everywhere you go, which means the game changes your stats accordingly to match as you level.

If people can do Morrowind on a baby character, you can do Orsinium on one too, OP.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you said "lower level," I thought you were going to say you were level 20 or something. It's fine at your level. A couple of the quests in the Orsinium main quest-line are hard to do at super low levels (like if you were new to the game, had zero CP and were level 20 or whatever), but at CP162 it should be easy for you.
  • skyfiredraco
    skyfiredraco
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    When you said "lower level," I thought you were going to say you were level 20 or something. It's fine at your level. A couple of the quests in the Orsinium main quest-line are hard to do at super low levels (like if you were new to the game, had zero CP and were level 20 or whatever), but at CP162 it should be easy for you.

ty all :)

and yea, i'm not quite going in as a full "newbie" route. Its been a few months but still...

full blue, enchanted level 4 setup of "vampire's kiss" stuff with training stones on em

level scaling (from one of the holiday events) stam/stam regen food

exp scrolls

not a horrible start for a new character lmao.
    PS4 / NA