The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Help] Magplar PvP build

ParaNostram
ParaNostram
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Okay so I have this max level Templar just sitting there collecting dust because honestly? I have no idea how to build a Templar and hardly know how to even play one. This is an entire class that I just don't use and I want to change that!

Anyone got any magicka templar builds or advice for building one? I have no idea what I'm doing please help

Edit: For clarification I'm asking about PvP
Edited by ParaNostram on November 17, 2017 3:49PM
"Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
Bosmer Sorceress
Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
Order of the Black Worm
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    swap sweeps with force pulse and execute with something else - 36k dps self buffed.
    alcast made a build video bout magplars.
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PvE or PvP?

I'd suggest deleting it and starting again assuming you grinded it up?

I had never played Mag DK until One Tamriel. I levelled it up through non vet PvP. Really glad I did, by level 33 I was killing every other max level player.

The changes to Sorc after 1.6 made me create another one this time focused on max Magicka.

Magblade, Stamplar, they all play different to their counterparts. All levelled in PvP, it let me chose which morphs I wanted, what worked for me, what weapons I found most effective and gear.

If it's copy and paste you want I suggest checking out Alcasts Youtube channel. He has some recent PvE Magplar builds and some slightly older PvP Magplar builds.

I'll be honest with you, you could where 3 random Magicka sets and slot Sweeps, Purifying Light, Purifying Ritual, Breath of Life and do really, really well in PvP due to the way they're performing this update. Just remember Purifying Ritual and literally 1 Breath of Life resets any fight against most Classes. Channeled Focus gives you an extra 400 Magicka regen even in Mist Form, exploit it. When you're out of stamina use the SnB ulti on back bar and wait for it to regen back up.

Hard class to kill, you'll burn most people's resources way before you do if you use my advice. Magplar is the only class I play with almost infinite sustain. My health bar diminishes way before any other resource, almost exclusively to a zerg or a well coordinated group.

PC EU
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    I run a 5 heavy 2 light healer. 3 Transmutation Jewelry, waist and hands also transmutation. Chest, legs, feet, sword, and shield are Seducer, and back bar Resto staff is seducer. I use Bloodspawn/Malubeth/Troll King monster sets depending on my group.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    S&B: BoL, radiant, inner light, javelin, extended ritual, barrier ultimate.
    Resto: BoL, mutagen, innerlight, healing ward, healing springs, rememberance ultimate.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strictly magplar since 2014. Here's my thoughts:
    - templars exist between being melee and being ranged. We also are stuck between wanting to move with wanting to stay and fight. It's important to know this, because while we do have great ranged/melee attacks, we have terrible mobilty; this means what generally works for sorcs/nbs won't really work for Templars. The playstyle is very stationary.
    - Templar passives have a few good passives. We get minor sorcery, ulti gain per cast of a Dawn's wraith ability, cost reduction to all our costs, 10% extra DMG to block targets, 10% extra crit DMG, extra spell resists, 15% extra block mitigation for melee attacks, extra healing for our resto tree healing spells if we are at a low percentage of health, and minor mending.
    - there are still abilities that are so clunky, they never make it to our bars (or channels lock you in compared to more instant cast style classes). And some were nerfed more than intended, but are still functional. These two issues are what makes magplars frustrating to play, and more frustrating when you are hit with so many snares your class purge cannot let you move.

That said, there are some strong sets you with very well with magplars:
    - overwhelming surge (AOE DMG helps fill in your jabs DMG and procs skoria)
    - transmutation (Regen with extra crit resists)
    - burning spell weave (huge DMG increase that procs off your vampire bain/reflective light)
    - julianos (the mag version of hundings. Gives crit and DMG.
    - seducer (cost reduction percentage stacks with your Templar cost reduction. Great for healers)
    - clever alchemist (Argonian Templars can use this set better than most. High health and high SD)-
    You will be using one of these sets in some shape or form. They are versatile yet highly functional.

Monster helms:
    - valkyn - most swear by it's DMG, but it only procs off dots. Still a good set.
    - slimecraw - 8 % DMG done buffs your burning light procs. 1pc spell crit increases your heading and helps you do a little extra crit DMG. Best set IMHO.
    - bloodspawn- extra ultimate+extra resists. Perfect for light armor templars, you will always be hit since we can't move lol.
    -grothdarr - jack Daniel just came out with a really strong bombplar build and he said you can use this set with it. Aoe DMG helps fill in your jabs DMG, and is unblocked (you also do 10% extra DMG on blocking targets if you hit then with this proc)

In sure I'll add more. For builds, check out any thread by Akinos, braidas, or jack Daniel. If you want a challenge, try a Templar without using vampire :p.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you all very much! Also, @Minno , I wish I could give you both an awesome and an insightful. That post gives me a lot to chew over.

I've been just playing around today on the Templar to get a feel for the abilities, threw on just because I had the pieces in my bags 5 Impreg 5 Riposte. DW and SB. I wanted to run 2 Skoria but I couldn't find cheap impreg gauntlets and had to run a helmet so I did 2 Vanguard's to fill the gap and give me a full Millitant Ordinator look. I was tanky as *** and got a few kills in BGs haha. Did some clutch heals on friendlies as well, and my sustain was pretty decent. I had a lot of fun though. I just wanted to share that because I had fun I guess?

With all of the information provided here by everyone I'm sure I can create something fun and interesting. Thank you all very much for your input <3
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm