The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Current Situation of MDK in Short

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The state of magDK is:

1v1: Good, can lock down STs well, forcing to eat dots and using the heal.

BGs: OK, Talons+Tanking is nice. But just a discount warden/sorc. In terms of dmg to utility. Sidenote: Functioning chains in BGs since you can gapclose heights, still auto CC immunity is trash.

Openworld: Essentially OPs name.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Petrify nerf still blows my mind. Hopefully they find a way to fix perma block without fully killing mag dk!
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol MDKs..... Stam DKs are in a much worse situation right now...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol nice vid
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the new standard changes. It still generates ulti plus every time you drop it your group can activate another synergy.

I dislike the range nerf on petrify since it was the only way of catching competant magsorcs/magblades in 1v1s without using wings but being able to apply the stun multiple targets is amazing. Not to mention that it doesn't cast on enemies that have CC immunity.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Lol MDKs..... Stam DKs are in a much worse situation right now...

They are. But that doesn't mean MDKs are bis or anything, they fall as the second worst for PvE and PvP. (I'd say Magplar could be tied, but has much better group utility.)

StamDK is a worse overall classwise without burst/good healing, and less lockdown/pressure. But has the better sets like 7L/asylum/wwhide, better burst damage with an (execute, better leap and use of minor brutality) and better mobility with FM. (Outclasses mist so much.)
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 17, 2017 5:59PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Fubar8
    Fubar8
    ✭✭
    People who claimed StamDK is worse in this patch, has no idea about da game. You can't even compare healing and brust of StamDk with MDK. DB is not still working well.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fubar8 wrote: »
    People who claimed StamDK is worse in this patch, has no idea about da game. You can't even compare healing and brust of StamDk with MDK. DB is not still working well.

Its a little funny to hear you call other people ''uninformed'', while the comment you made is questionable.
    light armor mDK has insane burst potential,sure its not meta but It can be done thanks to permablock and HA mDK lost some damage true, but same thing is applied to all heavy armor builds, they all got nerfed with wrath removal.

Dİfference here is that a stamDk wont be able to permablock in a low resistance medium armor build. they wont even bother trying.

and If you think stamDk burst is not compareable to mDK good luck fighting any other stam toon in the game.

As for the heals mDK still has a working,strong burst heal that doesnt require you to build 30-40k hp to be cost effective.
    Meanwhile stamDk has to make a decision between having no burst heal or getting snared to death. I Don't see how we got the better heals here.

Now Im not saying mDK doesnt have issues.
    both stam and mag dk has common issues.
    Both are literally meme tier classes that somehow work.

But for PvP, Im saying this without any bias, stamDk is worse than mDk right now.
    The difference between the two was massive in morrowind, stamDK literally had zero chance of winning vs permablock mDK meta.

Now with CWC things have changed a bit in the favor of sDK, we got a strong card against permablock, which is the new petrify, and It gives us at least a chance to win vs mDKs now. But we also lost shuffle and also lost rally to compensate for no snare immunity. which also means we are left with only vigor and we have to watch our hp very closely.

I'm actually fine with petrify changes, Its a very strong CC now. but, what annoyed me was that the unneeded range nerf.
    on top of that they didnt nerf the sorc CC range. It was unfair.

All in all I don't see a single reason why I should play both.
    But mDK can still permablock and have insane burst.
    At least you have that going for you.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 19, 2017 6:38AM