Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, please add special option to prevent Visitors from activating "Lighting" furniture items

• Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Just a friendly neighborhood bump, from another trolled tamriel homeowner. We need some attending to on this subject.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should be something they change when they fix decorator permissions to allow placement for people with decorator privilege. Again...if an old game like LOTRO can do it without any trouble, a new game like ESO should be able to do it without thinking twice.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to turn lights on and off in the homes I visit to see the difference but I always leave them the way I find them when done. So instead of locking the lights on or off maybe the owner can set a default and when players leave the home the lights go back to the default setting. That way I can still play with the lights but they are always how the owner wants them for the next visitor.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    This is an issue? Turn it back on.
    I have over 180 lights. No thanks. I've just blocked all but a few trusted visitors from my house until this is addressed. (I've been waiting a long time... lol)

Same here!! I have 150+ in some houses and have had people actually find and turn off every single one. Now only a few trusted friends can go to my houses, but it’s a lot less fun that way. I guess worth it, though, since I don’t have to worry about finding and turning on so many lights anymore? I’d rather an option to toggle interactions on/off.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    Bump and my full 100% support for this. Change it to only those with edit access can turn lights on/off
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OfTheEight wrote: »
    ZOS, how about some feedback on this matter, getting trolled every time I login to find all my lights turn off has lead me to turning off all access to my home. This is an easy fix as you can change the permissions from visitor to decorators.

Every time? It seems to me you got yourself a particular stalker, you know. 0_o

PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    My gosh yes! This is still such a huge problem. I want to let people into my homes to let them see and use them as much as they want. But now as my time is very limited to how much I can play, I don't want to waste time running around turning all the bloody lights on again every damn time :(
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I agree. Visitors shouldn't be allowed to interact with lights, only decorators for obvious reason, no one else. At least give us an option to exclude visitors from interacting with lights and also other items that can be turned off (like fountains).
    It's annoying, moreover I have a lot of lights and some of them are turned off for a reason (just for decoration), other are actual lights that must stay on, so it's even bigger mess if someone turn them all off, I must run around trying various set up to bring back the effect, in other words big waste of time.

Edited by RANKK7 on February 9, 2018 4:27AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind anyone interacting with other things in my house, but it would be nice if lights were tied to decorating privileges as others have said. I leave them all on/lit for a reason and I have a LOT of lights in my main house. A lot.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about a master switch that turns every light on in the house at once? And only the homeowner gets access to this.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »
    What about a master switch that turns every light on in the house at once? And only the homeowner gets access to this.

What if homeowner wants some of lights turned off?

February 19 and still no reaction from ZOS. Do they read this forum?
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get even a nod that they understand the frustration around this and at least say "hey, we've got an idea"
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately though there are posts find back almost to housing release on this and no word has been uttered, I today removed all lighting from my house as a troll response to the trolls turning them off... Not joking, I also blocked out the sky with volcanic rock.
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    *** gets annoying turning on 150+ lights every other day because some jerk wants to amuse themselves
    6bbk25x6k2ln.jpg
    h285btkrrb4z.jpg
    Edited by Bc_bmx on February 19, 2018 10:17PM
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually turned off all the lights in a friend's house, watched someone else get blamed, and as the owner was turning them back on I creeped around turning them off again.
    I was caught and used the surrender gesture. Much laughter was had...

I tend to only turn off a few lights near an area I'm in (For reasons), or if it's daytime and the lights are outside.

Some lighting choices can be oppressively glaring, especially if they're near a crafting station and you have a lot of junk to throw together. -Shoves Bananas in Small Game-
  • Miliana
    Miliana
    ✭✭✭
    There's an addon you can use!
    @Milianaa - PC/NA - End Game Healer
    Tamriel Crown Exchange GM

World Record - vSO: 177,706
    NA First Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA First Title Trifecta (TTT, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer - Templar Healer)
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Good news from PTS. We can close this thread.