The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, please add special option to prevent Visitors from activating "Lighting" furniture items

Scraelos
Scraelos
✭✭✭
People who grant access to their houses for wide auditory often have problems with trolls who turn off light.
I suggest ZOS to add some option to forbid interraction with "Lighting" furniture.
Or you can add extended "Visitor" role to allow such visitors lighting items interraction. You can call this role "Good neighbour" or whatever you like.
Edited by Scraelos on November 15, 2017 8:51AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an issue? Turn it back on.

After all, they were likely being polite, or echoing IRL politeness to turn off the lights if not using.

However I totally could get behind a "note" for visitors
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy to implement and very much needed after almost a year of housing. Do it, Zen.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

After all, they were likely being polite, or echoing IRL politeness to turn off the lights if not using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkgoSOSGrx4
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been requested a lot since the launch of Homestead as there are a number of people who like to troll and turn every light off in someone's home when they're offline.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭

AGA! Some houses have 100-150 lightning items. Sometimes some visitors have a "fun" to turn it off. And it totally NOT fun to turn it on back!
    Furniture crafting PC EU
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a problem if you have one or two in small home. Or if you placed them just randomly and it doesn't matter.
    I have big house, opened to all my guilds, friends and some more people who wanted to see luxury furniture (each weekend I place it specially for that). I'd like not to close it.
    But after somebody decided it would be fun to switch light - each time I should check each lamp and candle, more than 50 items, and turn on what should be turned on and turn down what should be not (some things are just decorative). Because with wrong light is looks absolutely different and much worse.
    I'm ok with switching one or two lights - somebody played with it, checked how it looks with or without, forgot to return as it was... that's normal. But sometimes I find most part of lights switched. That's not.

But my pets don't want to sit in dark and cold house!
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have over 180 lights. No thanks. I've just blocked all but a few trusted visitors from my house until this is addressed. (I've been waiting a long time... lol)

PS4NA
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh gods YES. This NEEDS to happen. MAKE IT SO ZOS.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    It should be tied to decorating permissions.

Serious though, it's usually the Argonians, should be a rule to stop them from sitting in your chairs as well, leaving their scales all over the place.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your Argonian friends need to see a healer about their scales if they are falling out all over the place!

I also would love a way to prevent visitors from interacting with lights or special furnishings that have two settings. People break the sword from Alik'r, undesecrate corpses, assemble the Veloth Reliquary...etc. We place the items in the setting we want for our house and like it left that way.

I've never had anyone turn off all my lights but several of my guild mates have and it causes a lot of drama cause we can't tell who visited and who turned them all off so as to just ban that one troll.

If you can't make a setting to prevent it, maybe we could get a visitor listing?
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
    Is there only issue with Argonians?!! What about sneeky Khajiits who climb onto the bed in their shoes and also leave their fur everywhere!
    ...And Nords lay their feet on the table. In dirty boots!
    ...And Orcs and strive to pee in your garden!
    But the main issue - every one of them TURN OFF MY LIGHT!!!
    Edited by AboKor on November 16, 2017 8:06AM
    Furniture crafting PC EU
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Todaty I had to forbid access to my house for everyone except special housing guild, because some troll turned all lights off.
  • Marichi
    Marichi
    Soul Shriven
    I want also to be open for visit with everyone, but it is not fun everytime turning-on all my dream-shards and other lights. I m glad for every guest, but not all of them can keep his hands calm.
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jep its extreme annoying when some trolls turn off all lights in our Guildhouse :/
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »
    People who grant access to their houses for wide auditory often have problems with trolls who turn off light.
    I suggest ZOS to add some option to forbid interraction with "Lighting" furniture.
    Or you can add extended "Visitor" role to allow such visitors lighting items interraction. You can call this role "Good neighbour" or whatever you like.

yes, just some easy click, "allow/forbid interactions with furniture" would be nice!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would visit some of my friends homes and would turn lights back on >.> but only after hearing from them complaining about others turning them off. A sort of fun hobby to turn them on... till friend sees me turning back on the lights and thanks for the help. But yeah I do agree that we do need some ability to make certain items not able to be interacted with by others or limiting interaction with certain objects and light sources. Keep crafting stations and the like separate.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    its happened to me a few times, I just turn 'em back on.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not someone who has this problem (luckily no one messes with my lights and I don't have many in my main house to begin with) but I think it would be a good option. I think there should be 2 main options for it:
    1-all visitors have light rights by default
    2-no visitors have light rights by default

and the homeowner can switch the rights individually where necessary. I also think something similar should be added to visitors in general, for example:
    1-all friends are allowed visitors by default
    2-no friends are allowed visitors by default

and visitor rights can be individually checked on or off. I for example would like my house to be open by default to all new friends, instead of not
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Sera67
    Sera67
    ✭✭
    Or extra tab that shows who visited the house, with a small counter with interactions used.

Doesn't need list everything it does, just there click amounts. If you got 90 lights, and everyday someone has about 90 uses you could narrow them out and add them to no visit list.

Plus it would be nice to see who stops by. (and can return favor)
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see who was interacting with items inside my house, so that I could ban all that is good and holy out of them and make sure that none of my add-ons is ever working again for anyone who thought it would be funny to troll me that way.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Sera67 wrote: »
    Or extra tab that shows who visited the house, with a small counter with interactions used.

Doesn't need list everything it does, just there click amounts. If you got 90 lights, and everyday someone has about 90 uses you could narrow them out and add them to no visit list.

Plus it would be nice to see who stops by. (and can return favor)

Some people just curious about how your interractible items work, so they turn them off and on. It's a bad idea to blacklist your friends who touched your lights but returned them to initial state.
    Edited by Scraelos on November 20, 2017 9:21AM
  • Sera67
    Sera67
    ✭✭
    If there turning them back on, thats different story, If you see player name bob999 has gone to your house everyday with 90 clicks. And sara99 with 90 clicks... you can do some sherlock work and figure it out.

Adult thing to do would be "hey, bob.... stop turning off my lights"

And if they reply sorry, and wont happen again.. cool.

Granted, sure some people would just prevent the visit rights, but most people who get banned ask why. Plus if next day your lights are still off... you made a goof. lol.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sera67 wrote: »
    If there turning them back on, thats different story, If you see player name bob999 has gone to your house everyday with 90 clicks. And sara99 with 90 clicks... you can do some sherlock work and figure it out.

Adult thing to do would be "hey, bob.... stop turning off my lights"

And if they reply sorry, and wont happen again.. cool.

Granted, sure some people would just prevent the visit rights, but most people who get banned ask why. Plus if next day your lights are still off... you made a goof. lol.

Yeah I tend to go back to my friends homes and turn their lights back on. But I clarify with them with what I do.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »
    It should be tied to decorating permissions.

Serious though, it's usually the Argonians, should be a rule to stop them from sitting in your chairs as well, leaving their scales all over the place.

I can confirm that we argonians enjoy to touch the sparkly stuff, We also adore to sit on every flat surface, but I have yet to see an eggbro leave his scales behind

I'm 100% not trying to revive this thread because I think it's an important issue, nope, would never do something like that.
    Argonian masterrace
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop light abuse!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The issue is that larger homes tend to have several hundred lights, it takes a lot of time to turn them back on. I have Gardner House open to my guilds, so people can warp to turn in Master Writs. There are 75 lights, that someone turns off every time they visit. I'm trying to figure out who it is so I can ban them.
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    Let's keep this simple, just include a check box beside the permission setting to give "Light Access"
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have blocked anyone visiting till its fixed
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How else are you supposed to get the achievement?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    ZOS, how about some feedback on this matter, getting trolled every time I login to find all my lights turn off has lead me to turning off all access to my home. This is an easy fix as you can change the permissions from visitor to decorators.

I'm going to give ZOS until the new year, after which I'm going to propose the following to all players of ESO, stop buying anything to do with housing until we get some of these simple fixes. As a game developer your supposed to provide a troll free environment and these has been a reported issue for sometime. So please respond, let us know good or bad if this is even something on the development radar for issues to fix.