The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Maybe it's not as important as the loading screens...

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
... but ZOS, it is high time you AT LEAST doubled the player capacity of ALL player houses. At a minimum, you need to let us know how far along you are in the work to increase player caps in player housing. If you have determined that you CANNOT raise the caps you need to come clean with us and explain why that is. @ZOS_GinaBruno please speak up. SOON.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

The housing cap, both visitor and item--but ESPECIALLY item--are easily half what they should be.

The caps are specifically what has held me back from buying more houses, so this issue does correlate to lost $$$ in crown sales.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    At a minimum, you need to let us know how far along you are in the work to increase player caps in player housing. If you have determined that you CANNOT raise the caps you need to come clean with us and explain why that is.

Wait, they're working on it? :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a minimum, you need to let us know how far along you are in the work to increase player caps in player housing. If you have determined that you CANNOT raise the caps you need to come clean with us and explain why that is.

Wait, they're working on it? :smiley:

We don't know. When player housing first came out and we rightly told them this was not acceptable they told us they were "looking at ways" to increase the cap and would get back to us. As far as I know... they've never gotten back to us.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They never do. Their philosophy is to put out a quick two-liner, and that'll do for the next few years.

:/
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, they don't need to say anything about this. At all. I mean, I would leave it at this because it seems that the same ten people complain about caps every so often and its the same argument... but I enjoy forum discussion.

Playercaps can't have a major impact on performance, so I wouldnt mind seeing an increase.
    Item-caps are guaranteed to have an impact on load times. I mean, we all like the load screen times now, yea?

Do we need to constantly demand answers about something they have no intention to change?
    "Do you constantly have to ask that every time you see these threads?" Yea, I have little better to do while I eat and on load screens, and I would love a good answer as to why Forum moderators owe you answers that only developers would know
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we need to constantly demand answers about something they have no intention to change?
    "Do you constantly have to ask that every time you see these threads?" Yea, I have little better to do while I eat and on load screens, and I would love a good answer as to why Forum moderators owe you answers that only developers would know

This is inaccurate. They have addressed it 3 times that I'm aware of since housing was released. The last time was a few months back and they said they're very aware of it and want caps increased too and are looking for practical ways to do that.

So yes, we do need to ask for what we want. That's how changes get made in MMOs. If the devs don't know what people want it isn't a priority. Or do you also tell raiders and PVPers to stop asking for changes?

These are the ones I can find. So, they have addressed since BEFORE housing launched that they WANT to increase the caps. That doesn't correlate at all to something they have no intention to change. Therefore it's totally reasonable for us to ask the status!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4399024#Comment_4399024
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/312051/feedback-24-player-cap-for-housing-is-far-too-small/p1
    Yeah, we are looking at ways we could increase the number. It's nothing that would change in time for launch, though.
    Edited by bellatrixed on November 14, 2017 11:21PM
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is inaccurate. They have addressed it 3 times that I'm aware of since housing was released. The last time was a few months back and they said they're very aware of it and want caps increased too and are looking for practical ways to do that.

So yes, we do need to ask for what we want. That's how changes get made in MMOs. If the devs don't know what people want it isn't a priority. Or do you also tell raiders and PVPers to stop asking for changes?

These are the ones I can find. So, they have addressed since BEFORE housing launched that they WANT to increase the caps. That doesn't correlate at all to something they have no intention to change. Therefore it's totally reasonable for us to ask the status!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4399024#Comment_4399024
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/312051/feedback-24-player-cap-for-housing-is-far-too-small/p1
    Yeah, we are looking at ways we could increase the number. It's nothing that would change in time for launch, though.

2 Comments on the issue, dozens of unanswered threads demanding answers? Seems efficient

They wanted to add spellcrafting.
    They wanted to add PvP justice system element
    Because they want to add something, or make comments on it a few times doesn't really denote interesting in changing/adding it.
    But I will add, its become bad for to even way they 'want' to do something because of how crazy people go off on them when it isnt added. Refer to threads about my two examples lol
    Would be cool if they gave you the answers you seem to want, but I feel like unless it is 'Yea, we are doing it all now' the 'bigger housing' crowd wouldnt be satisfied

Also, demanding vs asking. Big difference ;)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of this thread is that ZOS has a long history of releasing things that have problems, claim to be aware of the problems, say they are "looking at" a fix... and the fix never arrives. This is especially true in the case where players just get used to whatever the broken thing is and quit complaining because we finally just get worn down by their lack of response. I don't want to see that happen here.

• Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The caps need to be raised on both fronts. Ita become crystal clear that neither of these things are attributing to server side lag and load screens.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to more people and yes to more furniture.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    Its really stupid that they made housing soooo crown store oriented, yet our purchases are limited for some reason.
    What if I want to buy some crown-exclusive decorations, but I dont have enough slots?
    It doesnt make any sense.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe when they ditch the 32bit clients we'll see changes? Right now they're still limited by making the game around systems with less memory.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Maybe when they ditch the 32bit clients we'll see changes? Right now they're still limited by making the game around systems with less memory.

You could be right, the client performance improvements with Clockwork City was great for me on my old PC, hopefully they sort out the problems with Consoles, then it will only be 32bit client holding back an increase in slots for housing.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why was I under the impression that the 32 bit client had already been done away with?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why was I under the impression that the 32 bit client had already been done away with?
    If you have a 64bit PC your launcher should default to that. However the removal is happening with next years expansion, so second quarter 2018.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jordan.derpb14_ESO
    I don't care for more decorations. But at the very least, raise the population. Do something small, then raise it again.

Do this small favor to roleplayers please. :)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have a 64bit PC your launcher should default to that. However the removal is happening with next years expansion, so second quarter 2018.

Ahhhh. Good to know. Thanks. Man I hope we don't have to wait that long tho!