The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Balancing Ultimate Regeneration

• Aerrimus
    Aerrimus
    ✭✭
    The easy fix to this is to go the same route that they used for sets procs. The instant procs, with no warning, were troublesome so they added things to allow people to react. To add time to react when fighting destro balls, they should disable gap closers while the ultimate is active and slow movement speed of the caster down to 75% of base speed. The support classes will still be able to cc people but at least you have time to see the storm coming and react.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Ok Ulti gen is not the problem. So, I'll run 24 sorcs of every flavor in a group just to see if stacking the same class can be as dynamic and fun as stacking nightblades because their superior AOE damage. This should be interesting to say the least.

Sorc has no spammable aoe but the combo of endless fury and VD is nice. The issue with sorc is you lose aoe spammable so there's a decent dps drop, you lose a lot of DMG from magicka being lower as well as other passives, but you gain endless fury and streak which is really nice. You would be more likely to use meteors over destros with sorc tho for the busrt combo of.meteor then endless fury then vd on everything around then.

Interesting analyse if the goal was to kill.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Ok Ulti gen is not the problem. So, I'll run 24 sorcs of every flavor in a group just to see if stacking the same class can be as dynamic and fun as stacking nightblades because their superior AOE damage. This should be interesting to say the least.

It wont be as effective, but it's not because of ultimate regeneration. As someone who played a sorc bomber the day destro ultimate was released, I can positively and absolutely say that in at least 80% of the cases, a Nightblade bomber is going to be better. Even in the situations where a sorc bomber can shine it's not going to be easy to exploit because, as Sneaky pointed, out sorc bombing is awkward.

If anything I found that I generated ultimate faster than my fellow nightblade bombers. I don't have an in-depth study on this, but with months of running in a guild that called out ultimates, I would bet real money that when I was playing well, my destro ultimate came up quicker than our Nightblades. I had cost reduction already build in, it was easier for me to steal random kills, and I could chain together killing blows with focus firing Fury + VD procs whereas Sap spamming is just spray and pray.