The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alternative to house storage

lillybit
lillybit
✭✭✭✭✭
In an ideal world, we'd get a ton of storage in our houses and mannequins and weapon racks but I'm thinking that's probably not going to happen.

So as a compromise, it would be great if you could pose your alts around your house and then access their inventories. It would be great to see all your characters together and it would make inventory management so much easier!

What do you think?
PS4 EU
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    This is the main reason I have never bothered with the housing aspect of ESO. Not giving us some sort of storage space with the housing update is sickening. I'll stick to my quest given empty Inn room! :)
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazkyth wrote: »
    This is the main reason I have never bothered with the housing aspect of ESO. Not giving us some sort of storage space with the housing update is sickening. I'll stick to my quest given empty Inn room! :)

Same here. I don’t have much time, gold or sense of aesthetic to decorate as well.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • NatalyaPeterovna
    NatalyaPeterovna
    ✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    In an ideal world, we'd get a ton of storage in our houses and mannequins and weapon racks but I'm thinking that's probably not going to happen.

So as a compromise, it would be great if you could pose your alts around your house and then access their inventories. It would be great to see all your characters together and it would make inventory management so much easier!

What do you think?

it would be really cool to show your alts but thats just like having mannequins
    mayb having something where you can hang up armor and clothes?
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    In-house storage could easily be solved by more assistants (mini-bankers). Like maids/servants (argonian slaves) who would just walk around sweeping and dusting (or trying on your clothes) while you are away. As your banker works in your house instance a mini-banker surely would too.
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you think?

i think houses should get a limited inventory increase - something in line with say hoirse training

allow a limited number of craftable storage items PER HOUSE based on house size.

only allow access within that house.

store-10 to store 70 based on house size and eso plus staus.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want any alternative to housing storage. Housing storage is a non-negotiable part of anything that qualifies as a housing system. I want ZOS to go back and do it right.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want any alternative to housing storage. Housing storage is a non-negotiable part of anything that qualifies as a housing system. I want ZOS to go back and do it right.

As much as I hate the idea, this is legit. Houses you can't store things in? The entire purpose for my real-life house is to store my ***. Me included.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you think?

good idea
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing was rushed out and wasn't done properly on many levels.

An instanced area with a Cap of 700 for the biggest houses is poor form.

No storage or manni's is poor form.

4k Crowns for a single Mundus stone is poor form.

Restricting furnishing plans dropping from the game to push crown sales is poor form.

No writ hand in, no writ boards, no guild access, no bank access was poorly handled.

EDIT: Also not updating the Writ Voucher Furnishing envelopes and having a misleading description is poor form. These envelopes do not drop MW or CWC plans yet dont say that at all. When i asked about it on forums tagging zos employees, no response. Send in a ticket, support say they can be of no help either. Shameful.
    Edited by KingMagaw on November 6, 2017 12:39PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House storage has an huge benefit for ZOS.
    the problem with the bank is that it has to be loaded in memory on server all the time. You can access bank from any crafting station use the banker you can summon or use the one some in group summons.

House only load then you enter it, this is also another instance who can be spawned on any server with low load, While in house you are not generating lots of work for server killing stuff.

It will work a lot like an bank alt except that you don't load the alt have him bank some stuff then switch back to main.
    It would be for typical bank alt storage, monster sets / shoulders you might use some day, training gear, sets you slowly collect and similar.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you think?

Just need a small chest that has unlimited storage like in Skyrim lol
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to store things in desks, chests, trunks, barrels, crates, etc. Create one storage item limit that is shared by all items capable of storing things in.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, especially considering they kinda promised that it'd get added "in a future update" when Homestead was released. Well, the future is long I suppose.

I'm not gonna bother with housing at all until storage is added. I got more than enough friends/guildies with skeletons and crafting tables. And I'm not playing House Decorator Online here.
    Edited by Loc2262 on November 6, 2017 2:43PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »

Agreed, especially considering they kinda promised that it'd get added "in a future update" when Homestead was released. Well, the future is long I suppose.

I'm not gonna bother with housing at all until storage is added. I got more than enough friends/guildies with skeletons and crafting tables. And I'm not playing House Decorator Online here.

I kinda figured they were going back on that promise when they came out and said hardly anyone has maxed out storage (was it 3% of all accounts?). I assumed that was their way of saying if we want storage we have to upgrade everything and if we're in the minority that already has (I am), tough!

I thought this would at least would give us something even if it's not what everyone wants.

It might even be fun. They'd work like bankers but only for their own inventory. You could move stuff about without having to keep swapping around. You could maybe pick a welcome phrase for when you activate them, have an emote active so one might be leaning against a wall and another sweeping say. Everyone that visits can see all the characters you've placed there. It would even be compatible with house storage if by some miracle they ever add it!
    PS4 EU
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭
    Drazkyth wrote: »

My quest-given empty room at inn is not empty anymore! I stuck the poor merchant in a corner in there, I hope she is still alive...
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »

I kinda figured they were going back on that promise when they came out and said hardly anyone has maxed out storage (was it 3% of all accounts?). I assumed that was their way of saying if we want storage we have to upgrade everything and if we're in the minority that already has (I am), tough!

I thought this would at least would give us something even if it's not what everyone wants.

It might even be fun. They'd work like bankers but only for their own inventory. You could move stuff about without having to keep swapping around. You could maybe pick a welcome phrase for when you activate them, have an emote active so one might be leaning against a wall and another sweeping say. Everyone that visits can see all the characters you've placed there. It would even be compatible with house storage if by some miracle they ever add it!

Were they just referring to bank inventory or all storage (i.e. inventory of all alts and having the max number of alts possible)? If the latter, then yeah...I can see that, but if it's just bank inventory, I'm surprised it would be so low. But, I'm guessing if they count ALL accounts, even ones that haven't played in years or are new ones where players are still working on getting enough gold to upgrade, then yeah, I guess it would be pretty low. Lame, as they're punishing those who have maxed out everything and are still running out of room. They keep adding new items each update and still, we only get 240 bank slots (which is doubled for ESO+). At least give us a warehouse like the crafting bag to store all our extra furniture.