The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reinstalling the game without redownloading it

rhymer
rhymer
✭✭
I have updated my hardware and reinstalled my OS recently. Now I would like to run the game, but every time I launch the launcher I get a 209 error. Is there any way to make it work without deleting all existing folders redownloading all that huge amount of data.
P.S.
My installation directory was at D:\games instead of default one, so it stayed intact while reinstalling the system.

Best Answer

• rhymer
    rhymer
    ✭✭
    I've reinstall the OS again. And now the launcher is downloading the gaim from scratch.
    Answer ✓
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do not have problems bypassing the download, as long as the Launcher runs so I can do a Repair (which just checks but rarely downloads anything)

Does it work if you run the ESO executable directly?

Edit: can you run a repair from the Launcher, and does it start downloading files?
    Edited by Elsonso on November 5, 2017 1:11PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus