Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Poll to fix (or at least add an "on/off" feature to) the Imperial fountain

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think this fountain should work and have flowing water.
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    As much as I want it fixed I worry what fixing it might break, lol

There's nothing to break, it doesn't work anyway!!!

Maybe they fix it and lag and load screens get 3x worse
    Lmao
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I think Gina is busy with the long load screen section lol. But perhaps you can pass the word on this buged housing item
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom hello there!

Perhaps you haven't had a chance during your busy work day to review the sincere request we've made here, but we've seen you and your team do wonderful things to improve this game and most of us believe you do try to listen to your players and try to make their experiences better.. if nothing more than to keep loyal, returning customers.

We've seen direct responses, and indirect (ie. logging in and finding the Skooma Bubbler actually has a "light" feature added to it!)

What I'm asking, what many of us are asking, is to just make this right with your customers.. the players who you and your company work for.

We love playing, or quite honestly, we wouldn't.

We're not asking for anything other than what was sold to us. We're asking to receive a fountain. That includes running water.. at the very least add a "feature" where one could turn it on or off.

It was sold to us via the crown store at the very beginning of this wonderful addition called housing.
    Many of us had no way to preview the item before purchase.
    Many of us are now out real money for something that was advertised as one thing and sold as something just a bit different.
    I don't mind being "out" the real money as long as it's not a bait and switch kind of deal.
    In other words, I wouldn't buy a car w/o wheels, or a house w/o doors and windows, a roof.. I think you understand.
    I wouldn't knowingly buy a fountain that wasn't a fountain. If you called it an over sized bird bath, okay.. maybe I'll reconsider my purchase before I make it.

In the grand scheme of things, is this really all that terrible? No, of course not. Is it something that is all that terrible to fix to improve the gaming experiences of many of your customers? Only you can answer that one.
    At least, an acknowledgement at this point would be nice.

many thanks and have a lovely day
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good day!
    I just edited the title to reflect a more precise request.. Instead of just "fixing" the fountain, where some players may think our intent is to have running water on all the time.. I think many of us would just be happy with the option to have running water when we want, and some of us would prefer it to stay the lovely birdbath it is.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Good day!
    I just edited the title to reflect a more precise request.. Instead of just "fixing" the fountain, where some players may think our intent is to have running water on all the time.. I think many of us would just be happy with the option to have running water when we want, and some of us would prefer it to stay the lovely birdbath it is.

I would agree with having an option. Maybe some players really don't want a fountain to have running water/jets for whatever reason.

However, being one of those people who unfortunately bought a fountain back in the day ( thinking it was a working one, as one would), I have to say that as a foot bath it is vastly overpriced. If it were a proper fountain the price would be about right.

As it is, I have it as the centre piece sunk into in my courtyard in Hundings. It looks great, but would be SO much better if it was a working fountain, as it would of course be in real life. My crab sits on the edge and approves though.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Moar water features!!!
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't comprehend why they have refused to acknowledge, or fix this.

It's been months, the fountain is a crown store
    only buy, and it's clearly not working. The very same exact fountain is in coldharbour RIGHT in front of the luxury vendor house and it has RUNNING water... I'm at a loss here. Sorry OP, the games dev's hate you, and anything quality of life related.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DESPERATE HOMEOWNER
    Good day neighbor! I just thought I'd stop by to chat again and ask you how you fixed your lovely Imperial Fountain.
    I know the last time I tried to talk with you and be neighborly you seemed a bit distant, well rather silent on the subject.

ALOOF HOMEOWNER (but still happy, her fountain works) ;)
    Oh yes, I remember you. I'm sorry, I tend to not be very trusting, especially when someone just barges in through my locked courtyard gate and rudely strikes up conversations with me.

DESPERATE HOMEOWNER
    Oh! Forgive me! Your servant let me in.

ALOOF HOMEOWNER
    I will have to have a little talk with that Khajiit later. Well, out with it. What do you need?

DESPERATE HOMEOWNER
    I was just wondering if you would be so kind as to help me figure out how to fix my Imperial Fountain. I see you and I have the same one, but yours actually works! It's simply gorgeous! I tried using Kegslist to find someone to fix it, but uh... that didn't work out too well. Anything you can do to help would be so appreciated!

ALOOF HOMEOWNER
    (Thinks a moment then smiles knowingly)
    Yes, of course I will help you. Let's start with what you can do for me first.
    I need twenty flour sacks for a candle I would like to craft.

DESPERATE HOMEOWNER
    Twenty flour for one candle?

ALOOF HOMEOWNER
    Yes. I'm rather tired from sitting all day. So, if you can do this for me, I will assist you.

DESPERATE HOMEOWNER
    Oh, thank you so much! I will go this very second! I am sure it cannot be too difficult to gather twenty. Thank you again!
    (Runs off)

to be continued....

val14ro7ezat.png

• Queue
    Queue
    ✭✭
    Let me start by saying thank you for fixing many housing items. However the fountain was a chunk of crowns, please let it have running water.Its very beautiful in Cyrodiil with the water.
    Edited by Queue on December 9, 2017 4:11PM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will never be fixed to have running on this damn fountain XD

Maybe the animator who designed it didn't like people having Imperial items because he plays the game on another race, so he disincentivized it by ensuring it doesn't work? Dunno
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

...fix the fountain now plz, ZOS. :/
  • dangerlucy
    dangerlucy
    ✭✭
    This is epic. Delphinnia has been more than reasonable and polite in this thread, and while I personally don't care that much about the fountain, I'm getting annoyed at the lack of acknowledgment from ZOS to such a simple request. What do we have to do to get Delphinnia some love here?

#JusticeforDelphinnia

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #JusticeForDelphinnia
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FixTheFountain

#JusticeForDelphinia

#Lay-Z-OS
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on December 12, 2017 12:23AM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #JusticeForDelphinia
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never bought the fountain for this very reason (I tested it on PTS so I wouldn't waste my crowns). I'm sure sales would spike if it had running water.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 12, 2017 5:11AM
  • Buttflap
    Buttflap
    Soul Shriven
    I bought something from the crown store and it's not what I thought it was going to be (I didn't check PTS either). I demand attention! I'm ENTITLED to something better!

If you want some love making demands isn't the way to go.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buttflap wrote: »
    I bought something from the crown store and it's not what I thought it was going to be (I didn't check PTS either). I demand attention! I'm ENTITLED to something better!

If you want some love making demands isn't the way to go.

Well

1. This isn’t an entitlement Thread

2. Delphinnia has been MORE than patient and incredibly polite in asking for this small fix for months now

3. You make many assumptions just because she asked them to fix a BOUGHT product that is currently NOT functioning as intended.

So how about you try actually reading her post instead of just the title and immediately posting that this is entitlement. This is so obviously not, that it makes me question wether you were actually sent to have any education beyond
    fox news channels.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Though I take it that ZOS looks at this thread and will release a different fountain that actual works in the crown store soon (TM).

And you will have to buy a fountain again and you have to pay even more...
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Buttflap wrote: »

You're damn right people are entitled to get what they paid for. Del has never demanded anything - she has respectfully and patiently requested that ZOS fix a defective product, for which she paid real money. If you find that unreasonable, I honestly feel sorry for you.

Anyway...

#JusticeForDelphinnia!

#FixtheFountain!!!
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose that we keep this discussion going until SOMEONE from ZOS responds to this issue, however long it takes! :3
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes we have to keep it active or else they would close it.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dangerlucy wrote: »
    This is epic. Delphinnia has been more than reasonable and polite in this thread, and while I personally don't care that much about the fountain, I'm getting annoyed at the lack of acknowledgment from ZOS to such a simple request.
    Indeed, the entire Bugs Section is appalling in this regard, tons of very reasonable and polite threads completely ignored.

ZOS you should be ashamed about this item (the fountain), it's an expensive product released with a more than evident issue, do any kind of QA even exists in this Studio?

Though I'm not surprised AT ALL, I spent 5k crowns for merchant and banker (5k crowns each) to discover they wander around forcing me to chase them, not to mention when the Banker interface suddenly closes. It's just ridiculous.

Really ZOS, fix the damn products you are selling.

This user absolutely deserves attention, as any other reporting bugs in products that cost money and you keep selling unfixed, moreover these products are not even remotely cheap (as your credibility and professionalism appear to be by now).

Edited by RANKK7 on December 17, 2017 11:27PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Keep up the fight, Del! @Delphinia Meatbeast says fountains should work!!!
    25550318_1994760850803873_3613525661461875316_n.jpg?oh=52de359b62d14ae4449c66333feb0f81&oe=5ABA70DE
    Edited by mystfit on December 20, 2017 4:39PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol ty Myst <3
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, than we can add enchanted crystals to light up the fountain and it’s flowing water.
    Here’s my memorial fountain to fallen allies and friends inside Forsaken.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/307270948673945603/393638433505148928/Screenshot_20171222_003429.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/307270948673945603/393638535372079104/Screenshot_20171222_003420.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 22, 2017 5:46AM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, than we can add enchanted crystals to light up the fountain and it’s flowing water.

Aw man, that'd be BYOUTIFUL!
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can they really not fix the running water on this thing?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I implore you @ZOS_GinaBruno

I think this woman has been fairly nice and patient with regards to this fix. There are even a few pages of people supporting it with a
    poll of people who have also bought or want to buy this fountain but would like it to function as intended
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been wanting this fountain for quite a while, but will be holding off until the water actually flows. So here is one more "fix the fountain" vote.