The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are Luxury Weekend Vendor items ever returning on rotation? Why shouldn't they?

arpadsweb16_ESO
arpadsweb16_ESO
✭✭✭
We're in a bubble right now, housing is meant to be a new aspect of the game yet we find ourselves with both homes and furniture being permanently removed from the game in the lapse of three days, we're talking hundreds of furniture items! A flower that was 2,5K is now 40K+ if you wish to purchase it off of a Guild Vendor, and noone knows if this bubble will burst or not, but the expenses are going up.

The homestead feature is nearly a year old, what if beginning next year: We would put old items back on rotation again, alongside three new ones? This way the playerbase would have to options for 6~ items, three old and three new each week? We already do such with yellow equipment as well as events and DLC anniversaries. Weekend Vendor items are also not purchasable with Crowns or Crown Gems, simply gold - so there's really no loss of revenue and psychological shenanigans for team Zenimax to be motivated at screwing us over.

Has there been any official word yet? If so, what? Did Zenimax motivate as to why?

And most importantly, how would you like to see things moving forward?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding they will. However we don't know what the rotation process will be or how often they will reset.

Maybe the best idea would be to have them start selling old items again, but keep new ones so it would be six items (three old three new) that way no one loses out.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It harms the Homestead feature, awhile ago there were Orcish and Orsinium themed items for sale... Coming soon there will be a new notable home set in the peaks of Wrothgar. Players who obtain this home will be cut out from the possibility of fully decorating it and get the full experience because furniture which was themed around it were sold way before and now there's no reasonable way to obtain them.

I'm pretty sure that mid or late next year, they'll be selling an Ayleid ruin - I won't be able to create an ayleid garden to mimic the authentic look found in dungeons and delves in game, because the flowers and other flora that are themed and present there, was sold in March 2017.

It's not only messing with the players that care for this, it's also potentially harmful and impactful on their business. Why invest money or spend time on something, if you can never get the chance to create the whole package?
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they will return, and sort of understood they would when Homestead launched. Still its nice to get new stuff too...

Would be a fun way to celebrate the 1 year since Homestead by putting all items from previous years Luxury vendor back on sale for a week or so. And my chars would be very very broke after that :D!

Edit, and yes like the Op said, starting the cycle again but with both th eitems from last year and about 3 new items every week, would be lovely!
    Edited by Miaura on October 30, 2017 4:51PM
  • Wraithscream
    Wraithscream
    ✭✭✭
    With them nearly completely removing patterns from CWC, the luxury vender will be a last bastion of (sometimes) cool furniture.

Guess it already is that way with the drop rare of Morrowind epic patterns.
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion they should add all past luxury items in Crown shop after they expire dont recycle them in the vendor just create new items.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karrie7 wrote: »
    In my opinion they should add all past luxury items in Crown shop after they expire dont recycle them in the vendor just create new items.

I don´t think that is fair.
    Players who started their homes later should be able to get such items in-game and not all and evrything by crownstore=real money!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been in the past some returning items through the luxury merchant, albeit craglorn stuff but still some things returned. I think some other odd end items as well but I'm sure someone might look through the history and determine which items are returns.
    I might chuckle if daedric throne skulls return as free again. I have no idea how many of those I have >_>'
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the only reason the Craglorn stuff returned was because it was released early in error - so it's return was just the weekend it was originally supposed to be released.

But I would like to see things come back around - I'd definitely buy more of those light up wedding flowers (and I bought an embarrassing amount the first time)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should come back. There are things I didn't get because I didn't have a house for them. Now I do and would like a chance to get those items.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • tonyhextrab16_ESO
    tonyhextrab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Because of health problems, I missed the beginning of Homestead and the Luxury Vendor...so the only way for me to get the Wedding Flowers is through a guild store.....and I refuse to pay 40k each for them

So, yeah, I`m all for the OP`s idea of 3 old and 3 new
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like the idea of keeping old and adding new once the rotation restarts. I know those Wedding Flowers, Blue are in high demand for a re-run! (and I could use way more Statue Base, Square - they are such great building materials).

If keeping the luxury vendor inventory low maybe a second vendor can sell the "vintage" luxury items lol.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, those furnishings are already expensive, and people are re-selling them for ridiculous prices (especially the fancy ones like wedding flowers, gazebo or dark brotherhood window).
    Selling both new and old furnishings would be only fair for people who joined the game recently or just missed them (after all, not everyone can play every day).
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not forgetting the daedric throne, skulls. We need that item back.

Seriously, I´d love to have old items back. I missed the wedding stuff, and the dwemer also.
  • tonyhextrab16_ESO
    tonyhextrab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off-subject, but in a similar vein....

I`d also like to see some of the `limited time` offers on the crown store repeated....and, specifically...the Vivec set. After paying oodles for Morrowind, I decided I wasn`t going to give Zos any more of my limited money....

I`ve wanted to stab myself in the face with a rusty fork a few times, since....
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I missed out on the first week bc I thought the stuff was stupid boy do I regret that now. But i don’t want old stuff to return at all I want them to keep pushing out the new stuff until everything that’s cool in the game is out.

How many times have you ran pass something and went wow that’s so cool wish I could have it. If we return to old items then this will never happen.

It’s sucks to miss out I know but that’s part of what makes you keep coming back. Let’s not miss out on new stuff and wait months years to get anything cool bc you want a flower.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on November 15, 2017 9:50PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A model whereby we have several new items each week, alongside a repeat of several items from some time ago, would be great. The luxury vendor is great. My only criticism is that there are too few items.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the quantity was higher and I wish items would rotate. I have missed out on so many amazing items, either low on funds or in the beginning I simply didn't know they existed. The DB stained glass window, all the wedding stuff, I look on ESO Fashion and see some of the items and I'm just blown away. It seems lately they are mailing it in, especially the week that the luxury vendor had the identical items as the Wrothgar achievement vendor.
    Edited by SGT_Wolfe101st on November 17, 2017 2:50PM
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    From my understanding they will. However we don't know what the rotation process will be or how often they will reset.

Maybe the best idea would be to have them start selling old items again, but keep new ones so it would be six items (three old three new) that way no one loses out.

+1 that would be awesome.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, those furnishings are already expensive, and people are re-selling them for ridiculous prices (especially the fancy ones like wedding flowers, gazebo or dark brotherhood window).
    Selling both new and old furnishings would be only fair for people who joined the game recently or just missed them (after all, not everyone can play every day).

Ah the DB stained glass was one of the best item they released. I wish I had bought more.
    Not forgetting the daedric throne, skulls. We need that item back.

Seriously, I´d love to have old items back. I missed the wedding stuff, and the dwemer also.

I have a few left. Like 7000 of them. They actually work well for decorating. Turn them backwards and stuff them in a wall makes a neat decoration.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love for past luxury furniture to be sold again at some point - I've missed a lot of nice items when I was away from the game, and they are very expensive to buy from the guild traders.
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    They should make them all purchasable from crown store at least
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't even gotten a house yet, so I haven't even started to buy that stuff, also thinks that it's sad we can't have them. I think it's fair locking some content for the players playing at that moment, but not this much. I believe the 3 new 3 old would be good, or that the schematics would start to drop
    Argonian masterrace
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karrie7 wrote: »
    They should make them all purchasable from crown store at least

I actually like that there's something I can buy that's not already on the store. It gives me an incentive to earn gold, instead of always reaching for the real cash.

I've only been playing for about six weeks, so I've missed heaps of stuff. I'd like to see perhaps some things come back once in a while, but what makes these items special is the fact they are rarer. So much as it sucks to have missed the DB window or wedding items, I'm okay with it and glad for those that did get them. Perhaps I'll get lucky and see some old items on a guild store somewhere.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on November 23, 2017 1:42PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An easy fix for this would to add a second merchant that cycles weekly past wares so you have a chance at it
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    Just start releasing more, a lot more. and double the space in the homes.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A flower that was 2,5K is now 40K+ if you wish to purchase it off of a Guild Vendor, and noone knows if this bubble will burst or not, but the expenses are going up.

A flower which is iconic to one of the playable races and features prominently in loading screens of the houses of said playable race, should NEVER have been on that vendor.

I refuse to buy them at the inflated prices from guild vendors and not being able to use them to decorate my homes is one of the reasons I've not bothered to buy any more bosmer homes other than Snugpod (which costs only slightly more to buy than just 1 of those flowers) - and nearly half of my characters are bosmer.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the homestead anniversary they should have a limited window to have all of these items available from the vendor
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    For the homestead anniversary they should have a limited window to have all of these items available from the vendor

This is a fantastic idea!