The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bug - Research Item Selection offers now items which are locked in the bank.

Thunderclap
Thunderclap
✭✭✭
PC - German Client:
The crafting station for resarch count now also items which are locked in the bank. After selection of such item the resarch dialog is empty.

PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought that we should be able to research items that are locked, just with a confirmation screen.

So, what your saying is, you can select the locked item, but you can't actually research it? Can you change to another item or is the interface locked up?

Also, does it do this with no mods activated?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    "I always thought that we should be able to research items that are locked, just with a confirmation screen."
    This is new for me. Was this part of the DLC update? Previously it was not possible to select such locked items.

Yes, I cant research the item. The selection is empty. See picture in the first post.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC - German Client:
    The crafting station for resarch count now also items which are locked in the bank. After selection of such item the research dialog is empty.
    The "paper doll" shown on the left of the display screen in the image that you posted is radically different than the one that I see on PC NA. Are you using an add-on that modifies the Inventory UI, or other features of the UI?

Else, this would appear to be a bug -- one that I have not yet encountered with my alt characters which are engaged in researching traits. Yesterday, one began researching a trait, and there were no locked items displayed from those which I could select to use to learn that trait. However, only two elementary pieces created for research were available, and no other armor piece in the inventory, or equipped on the character, had that trait.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno
    "I always thought that we should be able to research items that are locked, just with a confirmation screen."
    This is new for me. Was this part of the DLC update? Previously it was not possible to select such locked items.

Yes, I cant research the item. The selection is empty. See picture in the first post.
    First, I cannot recall any change mentioned in the Patch Notes v. 3.2.5 (Clockwork City) which allows a locked item to be used for trait research, regardless of whether the player must "confirm" that they want to use it for that purpose.

Nonetheless, I have seen locked gear marked by the new feature that puts the "research" icon on pieces which have a trait that the character has not learned. That includes pieces which are in the bank as well as in the character's bags. Whether the software should do that is a matter of judgement with regard to the UI design.

However, that could be the reason that you have seen locked gear presented as a choice for learning an unknown trait. If there is no confirmation dialog when you attempt to use it, then that would be a bug. Or the fact that locked gear can be marked with the "research" icon -- thus can be listed in the Research subfeature of the Crafting UI -- is a bug. Regardless, I doubt that ZOS will attempt to correct this malfunction any time soon.

By the way, the new feature also puts a "deconstruct" icon on many pieces of gear which often I want to sell via the Guild Store instead. Or I might prefer to keep them available for possible future use. The next thing I expect to see is some add-on developer creating a feature that uses the new icons to "process" the gear "automatically". That will soon be followed by a complaint on the Bug Report forum. ......

So far, I don't recall seeing the "deconstruct" icon on any locked gear, though.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same problem. I found that disabling the Advanced Filters mod fixed it.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @Kolzki:

Where can I find this setting?
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kolzki:

Where can I find this setting?

Assuming that you have the mod installed and the problem is the same, you can disable in the menu (press esc) and the Add-Ons. Click the check box next to the broken mod to disable it and then click the Reload UI button that appears. The alternative is to uninstall the mod.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I can confirm that this bug is cause by the addon "Advance filter". I have sent the developer of the addon a note.
    Can close.
  • Randactyl
    Randactyl
    ✭✭✭
    Please try to remember to thoroughly test before making claims. Disable everything except the suspect addon and then perform test cases before jumping to a conclusion.

With only Advanced Filters enabled, locked items are still correctly excluded from the research list.

Since the research window is out of scope for Advanced Filters in the first place, I also tested the underlying library libFilters, which is used in another of my addons, Item Saver. Locked items were still correctly excluded from the list.
    Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact! | Sun's Death, Chrysamere Pact

My Addons
    Beta Addons
    Check out my GitHub repos to follow my latest changes and see some addons before they are released.
  • Randactyl
    Randactyl
    ✭✭✭
    Please try to remember to thoroughly test before making claims. Disable everything except the suspect addon and then perform test cases before jumping to a conclusion.

With only Advanced Filters enabled, locked items are still correctly excluded from the research list.

Since the research window is out of scope for Advanced Filters in the first place, I also tested the underlying library libFilters, which is used in another of my addons, Item Saver. Locked items were still correctly excluded from the list.
    Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact! | Sun's Death, Chrysamere Pact

My Addons
    Beta Addons
    Check out my GitHub repos to follow my latest changes and see some addons before they are released.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @Randactly:
    I have tested the lastest version of the addon.
    I deactivate all addons - I don't have this problem.
    I activate only this addon - I have the problem.

I use the german client.

Pls tell me which other test can I perform for you?