The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar - Destro (main) and healer sets

husskash
husskash
Soul Shriven
Hello all,
I started recently with my new character and I admit I'm a bit noob in most of the aspects of the game.
I reached level 50 with my templare (until 30 I was a 2handed & healer then I respeced to Destro-Resto most of the points on magicka and some on health).
I have some questions:
1- is it an intelligent thing to have destro/resto on a templar? I feel that now I start to do a bit of damage but I must admit that the 2 handed was more badass
2- when I use my destruction staff I aggro most of the bosses making some players to be pissed in dungeons (is there any advice for this please?)

my gear is not that good focusing a lot on magicka and health but I'm getting into crafting for the next days.

thanks a lot

XBox One - European server
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my templar is a healer and she packs a shock staff on her front bar for Elemental Drain. Many also use that staff for Lightning Blockade.

She uses a resto on the back bar for Rapid Regen and Healing Springs. Many healers also use Combat Prayer.

If your destr staff is pulling aggro from tanks, it could be that you are doing heavy attacks with a fully skill-perked frost staff. That constitutes a taunt and will certainly aggravate others except used specifically for taunting by a tank. Advice? Use a shock staff.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 25, 2017 10:31PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Most of your skills will cost magicka, so the destro/resto combo is a good one. The 2hander might be badass, but it won't be as good as it would be if you were specced into stamina. Your destro staff will be stronger than the 2handed. Elemental Drain is a nice skill for healers to have.

2. Like AcadianPaladin said, if you are using an Ice Staff and you have the Ancient Knowledge passive in the Destro Staff line, this passive turns an Ice staff heavy attack into a ranged taunt and makes blocking coast magicka. This is really nice if you want to tank the boss...not so much if you didn't. I play a tank, and if you pull the boss off of me, I'll just explain that the frost staff is causing you to taunt the boss, the second time you'll have to deal with the boss yourself until I can retaunt it. I'd suggest a fire or lightning staff instead - but lightning staff is preferred because of the bonus damage from lighting setting the boss "off balance". You can still use an ice staff, just make sure that you do your heavy attacks with the resto staff if you don't want to pull aggro from the tank.

3. I'd suggest putting most of your attribute points into magicka, with only enough points into health as you need in order to feel comfortable. Magicka is your main resource pool for most of your heals and you don't want to be hurting for magicka when the group hits a hard fight.