The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stam blade is trash and everyone knows it

kratier
kratier
✭✭✭✭
just a point of fact, you have not balanced this class at all, any other class can faceroll and do better than tryharding with stamblade, its garbage. the class is garbage
i regret rolling night blade
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off what are you trying to do with Stamblade?

I'll assume PVP stuff because Stamblade has some of the highest self buffed DPS parses in the game, so PVE is probably out the window.

Honestly I don't have too much experience on Stamblade in PVP, I've just started figuring mine out for the new patch, since I don't think my Stam Sorc is the best choice for CP enabled Battlegrounds and the mega tanks that will come with it.

First off, Stamblade has a higher learning curb than most other classes. I'm a good 3-4 hours into learning mine, and I'm still getting the hang of all the combos, CC timings and buff rotations. They have a lot going on, especially when it comes to defensive tools. Your class heals are decidedly meh, and you don't have strong tanking tools like Wardens or DK's.

On the other hand Nightblades in general have access to fantastic burst tools with things like Fear, Incap, Assassins Will and their class execute.

In my own experience, I'd suggest tweaking your gear to fit the playstyle that you want to go for and then identifying areas where you are failing to execute properly. If someone beats you 1v1, don't call BS and blame lag or Miat's or Sorcs being OP, look at what you could have done better and improve your own play.

Basically what I am saying is that the class is good, but you just have to work a little harder to unlock that potential.

PS, magicka recovery is super important on a stam blade, I suggest aiming for about 1k at least
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    why would you assume im talking PVP? and why would you "chime in" about PVP when you said yourself you have no experience with it.

its not fine, its not "git gud" its bad.

the class sucks and everyone knows it,
    go roll a sorc, faceroll for an hour then get back to me about how i need to "git gud"
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, maybe stamblade in PvE isn't comparable to stamsorc or dk, but have in mind that they both need your War Machine, and 3% critical. Also in vHoF, you will appreciate 100% minor berserk uptime. I won't even comment posts like "stamblade does 50k selfbuffed its op", because those guys probably never were in organised group. I know what you feel, stamplar has same major slayer uptime, but better ST and cleave at same time. Also Minor Fracture. But the worst thing is that, stamblades are not rewarded for difficulty of their rotation. Don't worry, maybe better times will come for stamblades in PvE.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one of each class, one of each mag and stam. The only thing that really makes nbs hard is the reliance on light attacks for the assassin bow, if you want more then 30k dps. But other then that they are really it that much harder to play then any other class. In fact my Stam nb has more class skill on her bar then any other Stam toon I got, so she feels more unique, really fun and fast compared to the other Stam classes, simply because of suprise attack, the other classes use weapon spammables or jabs or heavy attacks.

And the cool thing about this game that you can just roll a sorc if you want and just play that if you regret playing a NB, you get 8 character slots for just buying the game.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 23, 2017 8:31AM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, maybe stamblade in PvE isn't comparable to stamsorc or dk, but have in mind that they both need your War Machine, and 3% critical. Also in vHoF, you will appreciate 100% minor berserk uptime. I won't even comment posts like "stamblade does 50k selfbuffed its op", because those guys probably never were in organised group. I know what you feel, stamplar has same major slayer uptime, but better ST and cleave at same time. Also Minor Fracture. But the worst thing is that, stamblades are not rewarded for difficulty of their rotation. Don't worry, maybe better times will come for stamblades in PvE.

While other stam classes may have higher aoe, a stam nb is a real good execute machine(way higher than mag templer this patch).
    Also stam nb are fun to play since you are not spamming heavy attacks 24/7 like on a stam dk.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

While other stam classes may have higher aoe, a stam nb is a real good execute machine(way higher than mag templer this patch).
    Also stam nb are fun to play since you are not spamming heavy attacks 24/7 like on a stam dk.

I think currently no-one considers magplar as a dd class in end-game PvE.
    Problem lies here, that execute isn't the only one part of the boss fight. Stamblade can be good on bossess like 3rd of vHoF, where burst is more valuable than dps, but I think that's not enough to compare nb to the dk. In sustained fight he loses to every other stam dd (excluding warden, but again - it's not competetive dps class), and doesn't bring any meaningful buffs to the group aswell (savavery can be granted by mag nb which is fully viable ranged dd).
    No one said stam nb isn't fun to play, we talk about viability in pve.
    Youtube Channel
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    why would you assume im talking PVP? and why would you "chime in" about PVP when you said yourself you have no experience with it.

go roll a sorc, faceroll for an hour then get back to me about how i need to "git gud"

I said limited experience. Stamblade was the second class I ever rolled, and I've done a substantial amount of PVE content on them in the past. As far as PVP goes, I'd done enough in the past to get Caltrops and such, but that was mostly zerg surfing and ganking, things that I personally don't really consider as truly playing the class.

There are videos around of Stamblades pulling 50k+ parses on target dummies, and yes those numbers are inflated compared to other classes, but they can still pull that and more in raids.

The class is actually in a pretty healthy spot right now, and unless you elaborate on what issues you are having with it, there is nothing anyone can really do to help you.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

I said limited experience. Stamblade was the second class I ever rolled, and I've done a substantial amount of PVE content on them in the past. As far as PVP goes, I'd done enough in the past to get Caltrops and such, but that was mostly zerg surfing and ganking, things that I personally don't really consider as truly playing the class.

There are videos around of Stamblades pulling 50k+ parses on target dummies, and yes those numbers are inflated compared to other classes, but they can still pull that and more in raids.

The class is actually in a pretty healthy spot right now, and unless you elaborate on what issues you are having with it, there is nothing anyone can really do to help you.

Yes, 50k on 3mln dummy, 1 min fight.

@Izaki help, I'm out.
    Youtube Channel
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

So you think that because Stamblades can pull 50k DPS in a fight that lasts less than a minute, they are in a healthy spot?
    You're far from the truth here mate.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only thing hurting stamblades is no cloak purge after it was taken away. Stamblades just get wrecked if someone starts to stack dots on them. If they deny cloak in the process, if your not a suto-stamdk your dead.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade is arguably the strongest duels 1v1 class currently, that and magblade. If you aren't effective, you may need to practice more.
    I'm better.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Because this thread hasn't been terribly constructive, we are closing it down. We appreciate feedback, but ask that it remains constructive. Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.