The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

destructive reach skill

Checkmath
Checkmath
✭✭✭✭✭
hey ZOS
With the new changes to msa and master weapons i came to the idea of using a master lightning staff in the next patch. You made some passive changes some months ago regarding destruction staves. ancient knowledge: fire staves increase single target damage by 8%, lightning staves increase aoe damage by 8%. ice staves...yeah blocking stuff.
Now the funny thing about the skill destructive reach is: for fire and lightning staves, its both a stun in the base ability. one morph increases the range, the other gives more additional affects, more damage for flame staves and aoe damage for lightning staves. i think this skill should already before morphing have some more effects based on the staves element. otherwise people using that skill with a lightning staff are forced to use the morph, which makes it an aoe ability,. if you dont, there is no benefit from ancient knowledge at all.
How about you change the skill a bit in favor of ancient knowledge? for example: with lightning staff equipped, the base skill will deal aoe damage and stuns. one morph increases the radius of the aoe damage and the other increases the distance.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense templar builds :O
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning Clench does an AOE splash, but last time I checked it does NOT get the 8% bonus from Ancient Knowledge. Due to the way the splash damage is coded, the ability does not have a "radius" and does not count as a true AOE.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then its even more needed that ZOS has a look at it. through ancient knowledge they made lightning staves aoe based and they dont even their own weapon skills. this would be ridiculous.....
    If its splash damage, then even heavy lightning attacks are separated from the passive, because its also declared as splash damage.
    Please ZOS, have a look at this kind of basic stuff, which should be obvious.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this to ask how much splash damage Shock Clench actually does.

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much. The exact amount depends on your own stats so nobody can tell you. Just look at the tooltip.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not much. The exact amount depends on your own stats so nobody can tell you. Just look at the tooltip.

Actually, I'm not seeing any numbers in that part of the tooltip.