The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PC/NA Vivec EP Winning

chris211
chris211
✭✭✭✭
I would like to thank Kush and all the other guilds, pugs and even the solo players the helped EP win this campaign GG EP, GG
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign win is sponsored by the letters O (tick) and K, and the resources of Fare, BM and BB. Special thanks to Mr. Wheeler for incentivizing a non-PVP approach to winning. I wonder if he's ever considered a career in foreign relations.

I'm just kidding. I haven't PVP'd for weeks, so I have no idea how it played out. ;)

Gratz EP.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what happens when a French Canadian is betrayed by a woman like Jules. He takes his rage out in Cyrodiil like it's 2014. Frozn is too powerful.

Edit: Also, as you said OP, you have the guild named after cannabis, Kush, and their Pact Militia like army. Then you have the meta "pro" players on EP who have absolutely no effect on the map other than to take a single resource and camp it. Unfortunately siphoning off some DC from more pressing matters. As I said above, you have Frozn who perfected absorbing ridiculous amounts of AP and getting emperor. Then of course an army forms and follows the emperor around the map.

VE disbanded. A lot of whining lightweights on DC are also more concerned about crying about me in zone than anything else lol. And you'd think since they are all such mental leviathans they would simply ignore me and fight the EP and AD. But they cannot. I am the pollen to their bee. You have BoD who unfortunately is saddled with being led by a cranky nasty individual in Naked Saramis and the treacherous backstabbing Harlocke Midnight. It pains me to say that overall DC is only a shell of its former self at this time.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on October 19, 2017 1:03PM
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    he got really greedy and emped over six times and tried for a 7th close to the end of the campaign a bit over kill I might add
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    he got really greedy and emped over six times and tried for a 7th close to the end of the campaign a bit over kill I might add

Jules can have that effect.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always thought most of the DC players were really EP players trying to get their alts some play time and AP. Honestly during this campaign, and others before it, I'd see both EP and DC players grouped together and defending the same keep or resource. Basically DC is just there to help and support EP's campaign wins. Kind of pathetic on DCs part, but what can you do.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what happens when a French Canadian is betrayed by a woman like Jules. He takes his rage out in Cyrodiil like it's 2014. Frozn is too powerful.

Edit: Also, as you said OP, you have the guild named after cannabis, Kush, and their Pact Militia like army. Then you have the meta "pro" players on EP who have absolutely no effect on the map other than to take a single resource and camp it. Unfortunately siphoning off some DC from more pressing matters. As I said above, you have Frozn who perfected absorbing ridiculous amounts of AP and getting emperor. Then of course an army forms and follows the emperor around the map.

VE disbanded. A lot of whining lightweights on DC are also more concerned about crying about me in zone than anything else lol. And you'd think since they are all such mental leviathans they would simply ignore me and fight the EP and AD. But they cannot. I am the pollen to their bee. You have BoD who unfortunately is saddled with being led by a cranky nasty individual in Naked Saramis and the treacherous backstabbing Harlocke Midnight. It pains me to say that overall DC is only a shell of its former self at this time.

We really ought to get an AP bonus for superior RP. It's only fair.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm glad that you appreciate the efforts I put into winning the campaign.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought most of the DC players were really EP players trying to get their alts some play time and AP. Honestly during this campaign, and others before it, I'd see both EP and DC players grouped together and defending the same keep or resource. Basically DC is just there to help and support EP's campaign wins. Kind of pathetic on DCs part, but what can you do.

We had DC guilds in our TS throughout the campaign and we told them which AD keeps to attack and when. DC agreed with us that AD was not allowed to win the campaign so they agreed to do our bidding and ensure EP victory. DC enjoyed watching AD lose so much that I got whispers from all the DC guild leads that they're planning to support EP in all future campaigns to prevent AD from ever coming in first again. Our EP guild rosters are now full of DC players so it will be even easier to communicate going forward. We even have a guild now full of DC players willing to just feed Frozn AP so he can perma-emp this campaign to brutalize AD even more. Frozn's agreed to a strict diet of caffeine and intravenous sustenance and diapers to maximize his play potential.

So if you think last campaign was rough, AD, just lol you're in for a long slog moving forward. EP and DC coordination was just in its fledgling stages last campaign but it's looking more and more like a well-oiled machine every day. We have a listsserv set up and an emergency text alert system now. Publius is now monitoring AD zone chat 24/7 from his AD alt and transcribing every written word onto our listsserv. We'll know when AD is thinking about hitting our keeps before AD's even there.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I sense.... a salty elf.

If you don't fathom the level of animosity between EP and DC, it's because you've never been in either faction for long.

You need to spend some real time just sitting in stealth and watching the Bleakers corridor on a busy night. EP and DC do not like each other, even a little. As an EP, I can say we are pretty dang sick and tired of the constant faction sized zergs that slam into Chalman and BoD's incessant need to hit KC every fifteen minutes.

It's why we try so hard for Bleakers. Because it's expendable and we don't see two different DC guilds trying to front door Chalman the second something down south gets lit by AD.

As someone who has been stomping smurfs since Bloodthorn, I find the 'EP/DC are buddies, Team purple, etc' crap to be not just annoying but insulting.

DC are not my buddies. I'd rather stomp a mudhole into them. Then again for good measure.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on October 19, 2017 3:22PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

We had DC guilds in our TS throughout the campaign and we told them which AD keeps to attack and when. DC agreed with us that AD was not allowed to win the campaign so they agreed to do our bidding and ensure EP victory. DC enjoyed watching AD lose so much that I got whispers from all the DC guild leads that they're planning to support EP in all future campaigns to prevent AD from ever coming in first again. Our EP guild rosters are now full of DC players so it will be even easier to communicate going forward. We even have a guild now full of DC players willing to just feed Frozn AP so he can perma-emp this campaign to brutalize AD even more. Frozn's agreed to a strict diet of caffeine and intravenous sustenance and diapers to maximize his play potential.

So if you think last campaign was rough, AD, just lol you're in for a long slog moving forward. EP and DC coordination was just in its fledgling stages last campaign but it's looking more and more like a well-oiled machine every day. We have a listsserv set up and an emergency text alert system now. Publius is now monitoring AD zone chat 24/7 from his AD alt and transcribing every written word onto our listsserv. We'll know when AD is thinking about hitting our keeps before AD's even there.

Oh, and don't forget the siege number alerts from the hacked version of CyroHUD that that alt is running.

All EP guild leads will be constantly pinged anytime siege is laid against one of our keeps in real time.

No more back capping Farragut for you, DomDom!
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Team purple confirmed.

Meanwhile, primetime be like:

MD8Dzjp.jpg

Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on October 19, 2017 5:13PM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Let's be honest, whenever Doom was in first, all you saw in zone chat was:

LETS EMP
    LETS EMP
    LETS EMP
    TYPE KUSH FOR RAID
    TYPE KUSH FOR RAID
    MY CAPSLOCK IS BROKEN
    TYPE KUSH FOR EMP RAID

Anyone who gets to first place deserves the opportunity to Emp, it takes a lot of time to get there, especially on a 30 day campaign. Frozy also played the map and defended and took an incredible amount of points for EP, he was very much the team player this campaign.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations EP.
    AD gave it their best, but it wasn't our time. We had some really good fights against both factions. The best one was against the fourth faction, LS.. (loading screen)... :)
    congrats EP!

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Congratulations EP.
    AD gave it their best, but it wasn't our time. We had some really good fights against both factions. The best one was against the fourth faction, LS.. (loading screen)... :)
    congrats EP!

That loading screen boss is just OP, man. It always chooses the worst moments to strike too. A home keep needs defense? The last ring keep is about to fall? You are running to the front door to repair before the enemy raids arrive? It never fails, the dreaded loading screen comes to claim its victims.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Team purple confirmed.

Meanwhile, primetime be like:

MD8Dzjp.jpg

Yup. The last week, maybe even two, prime time has been nothing but hot and heavy double teaming against EP trying to dislodge us from first. It wasn't until the campaign was won and both other factions were essentially mathematically eliminated did the heat finally die down last night.

What I want to ask is why, when DC held a 1300 point lead for nearly three straight weeks in the campaign cycle before, did they not have to withstand anywhere near this level of pain (which allowed that lead to stay as big as it was)?

They should have been struggling to get out of their trikeeps every night until the lead was wiped out.

I know things are very subjective, but it always feels like the default status is 'push Chal/Sej' for the majority of both opposition faction's players and when there's anything EP related to give additional incentive (like being in first) it just goes nutso.

As an added aside, a bit of speculation is that the more mindless nature of the zerging lately has a lot to do to the fading away of some guilds. As the game grows older and the PVP more stagnant, guilds (and the wills that drive them to do things that make sense on the map) will vanish. This leads to more mindless 'zerg the thing!' mentality driving the herd into pattern behavior. Such as zerg rushing Chalman or Alessia endlessly by respawning at the nearest spawn point and running forward to fight and die in an endless loop until you lose said spawn point or overtake the next one. No strategy to it, just brute force.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on October 19, 2017 8:01PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might have something to do with the fact that DC just doesn't have any fun locations to fight that I can think of.

EP has the Bleakers Milegate and the "Remember the Chalamo!" battlecry.

AD has the scenic overlook on the Alessia Bridge, only slightly marred by curtains of falling oils and the occasional forward camp. On the plus side, the slaughterfish are always well fed.

Does DC have anywhere fun to fight aside from the ring-around-the-rosey at Bruma?
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against all odds to win. GJ EP.

Now I'm expecting DC nightraids to pull out 1500 points lead within first week like how they did to the campaign before the last one.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It might have something to do with the fact that DC just doesn't have any fun locations to fight that I can think of.

AD has the scenic overlook on the Alessia Bridge, only slightly marred by curtains of falling oils and the occasional forward camp. On the plus side, the slaughterfish are always well fed.

Does DC have anywhere fun to fight aside from the ring-around-the-rosey at Bruma?

Chal mine, obviously.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, as a primarily AD player, I can pretty much understand all these steps are necessary. So congrats of course on the subjugation of DC (we all knew it was inevitable anyway). We also totally understand the need for perma-emp'ing for Frozn. Who doesn't enjoy a good 20k tick at BRK every night, right? Who is paying for his Depends undergarments? Surely medicare won't cover all the costs.

But in all seriousness, that listsserv is just too much. Really, just over the top. First, doesn't Publius have some role in entertaining the DC community in zone chat? How can he spare the time to monitor AD zone chat? And sync'ing an antiquated system such as listsserv with a texting service? C'mon, at least upgrade to GNUmail for your production environment. If TD decides to push Drake, you'll be notified /after/ the outer FD is down. Sure, we know that TD hits Drake at the bottom of every hour, but what if there is a delay? You can't miss that!

I hope that my opinions are not offending - they are not meant to be. I am simply genuinely concerned for a positive, constructive gaming environment for all.

See you on the battlefield.

Ray
    Ray
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »

Okay, as a primarily AD player, I can pretty much understand all these steps are necessary. So congrats of course on the subjugation of DC (we all knew it was inevitable anyway). We also totally understand the need for perma-emp'ing for Frozn. Who doesn't enjoy a good 20k tick at BRK every night, right? Who is paying for his Depends undergarments? Surely medicare won't cover all the costs.

But in all seriousness, that listsserv is just too much. Really, just over the top. First, doesn't Publius have some role in entertaining the DC community in zone chat? How can he spare the time to monitor AD zone chat? And sync'ing an antiquated system such as listsserv with a texting service? C'mon, at least upgrade to GNUmail for your production environment. If TD decides to push Drake, you'll be notified /after/ the outer FD is down. Sure, we know that TD hits Drake at the bottom of every hour, but what if there is a delay? You can't miss that!

I hope that my opinions are not offending - they are not meant to be. I am simply genuinely concerned for a positive, constructive gaming environment for all.

See you on the battlefield.

Ray

In all seriousness, there's a group of EP that just kinda hangs out in the Drake / Crops region most of the time. Unless they're pulled away, the regularity of the hits on Drake mean we can just wait there for AP like waiting for Chinese delivery.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You left out how they like to call others zerglings. Usually when they discover that they can't just go to a resource and pick on the low levels from the faction with half their population.

But more or less what that guy said. But in properly humble khajiit words.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭

This post...

I'm kowtowing you the next time we run into each other lol.

Funniest post in a long time.

Disclaimer: I play DC
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros (Morning Joe, Joe Scarborough's son ) is a fake news EP journalist. I have no alts. Never did never will. And any DC coordinating with the other alliances, or using an alt on another alliance for misdeeds is a total disgrace and should stick to bothering NPC's in PvE.

As an example, even though he is a cat (possibly irl), and an enemy of the COVENANT, at least I know that when I run into Telel he is fighting for what he happens to believe is righteous in an honorable way.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to all those players logging just before evals. Great job. (wink)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to thank Kush and all the other guilds, pugs and even the solo players the helped EP win this campaign GG EP, GG

At some point I thought we would crash under the green team
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

At some point I thought we would crash under the green team

The heat on us got pretty hot until the final evening when AD/DC were essentially mathematically eliminated and everyone went into farm mode for rewards.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chal mine, obviously.

You are not actually considered a DC player unless you cycle the quest for Chalman Mine with other blues.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

Chal mine, obviously.

You are not actually considered a DC player unless you cycle the quest for Chalman Mine with other blues.

You think EP doesn't have that quest and do the same thing repeatedly?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, an EP player, may or may not have hung onto the quest for Chalman Mine for several days in the hopes that at some point I would find myself there when we inevitably recaptured it...