The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Looking for NB Healer Build Guidance

SecretAtoz
SecretAtoz
✭✭✭
Mag NB is not for me so I went with Mag Sorc instead. Now, I have a Breton Mag NB sitting around doing nothing. I was thinking of changing it to a healer role. I am not planning on using my NB healer on super difficult dungeon such as trials or dlc dungeons. If I can use it to do version 1 of vet dungeons at least, that will be great, otherwise I can still use it for normal dungeon runs.

I did a bit of research and I've come up with this skill build.

Bar 1 (Restoration Staff):
Slot 1: Combat Prayer
Slot 2: Sap Essence
Slot 3: Healing Springs
Slot 4: Healing Ward
Slot 5: Inner Light
Ultimate: Light's Champion

Bar 2 (Lightning Staff)
Slot 1: Refreshing Path
Slot 2: Elemental Blockade
Slot 3: Elemental Drain
Slot 4: Quick Siphon ( I do not have Energy Orb at the moment, so I replace it with Quick Siphon)
Slot 5: Mutagen
Ultimate: Aggressive Horn

Not sure what kind of rotation I should be doing as a healer but I will be much appreciated with getting help on this matter.

Regarding to sets, I do not have Spellpower Cure and Wormcult yet. I have no idea what sets to use for beginner healers. I can start with Eyes of Mara/Kagrenac's Hope and Stendarr's Embrace?

Thank you for your time.
Edited by SecretAtoz on October 17, 2017 5:51PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If what I been told is true #1 on on vet AA did so with a nightblade healer. Just to say, you should start with a better attitude about it.

Here's an guide for it.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/a-long-guide-to-nightblade-pve-healing-in-one-tamriel-the-madgod/
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretAtoz wrote: »
    Mag NB is not for me so I went with Mag Sorc instead. Now, I have a Breton Mag NB sitting around doing nothing. I was thinking of changing it to a healer role. I am not planning on using my NB healer on super difficult dungeon such as trials or dlc dungeons. If I can use it to do version 1 of vet dungeons at least, that will be great, otherwise I can still use it for normal dungeon runs.

Bar 2 (Lightning Staff)
    Slot 4: Quick Siphon ( I do not have Energy Orb at the moment, so I replace it with Quick Siphon)

Not sure what kind of rotation I should be doing as a healer but I will be much appreciated with getting help on this matter.

Regarding to sets, I do not have Spellpower Cure and Wormcult yet. I have no idea what sets to use for beginner healers. I can start with Eyes of Mara/Kagrenac's Hope and Stendarr's Embrace?

Thank you for your time.

You're on the right track however not sure how you use quick siphon and mutagen on a lightning staff bar o.O get rid of quick siphon and just stick with elemental drain also healing ward sucks replace it with energy orbs when you get them. Nightblades focus stacking hots rather than big burst heals trust in them they work amazing, you just need to have a bit of situational awareness as a magblade healer.

this is the way I set mine up and it works perfectly even for healing VDSA And all the crag Vet trials

Slot 2: Sap Essence (if it's a stack and whack fight I replace this with Sanguine's Alter)
    Slot 4: Energy Orbs

Bar 2 (Lightning Staff)
    Slot 4: Funnel health
    Slot 5: Siphoning strikes
    Ultimate: Elemental rage

Basic crafted sets that can help you out for learning before you get the bis gear are Julianos, kagrenacs, Magnus's Gift and Seducer. Magblade healing is hella fun :)
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bar 2 (Lightning Staff)

Thank you for your time.

You're on the right track however not sure how you use quick siphon and mutagen on a lightning staff bar o.O get rid of quick siphon and just stick with elemental drain also healing ward sucks replace it with energy orbs when you get them. Nightblades focus stacking hots rather than big burst heals trust in them they work amazing, you just need to have a bit of situational awareness as a magblade healer.

this is the way I set mine up and it works perfectly even for healing VDSA And all the crag Vet trials

Slot 2: Sap Essence (if it's a stack and whack fight I replace this with Sanguine's Alter)

Bar 2 (Lightning Staff)

Basic crafted sets that can help you out for learning before you get the bis gear are Julianos, kagrenacs, Magnus's Gift and Seducer. Magblade healing is hella fun :)

Funnel health should be mandatory on any NB healer. The benefits are too good for such a cheap skill.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your input. About Mutegen and quick siphon, yeah I made a mistake while i was using the skill calculator lol.

• iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    @SecretAtoz I heal on a nb quite frequently as well. i usually run dual resto, but will run destro/resto situational based on group composition. you can give my thread a read if you want. i would run a combination of Kags/seducer or Mara/seducer if your only focusing on healing. then just run willpower jewelry till you are able to get the staple healing sets. if you want to do a little more damage, which would be better. run juli as your 5 piece.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/lives-the-night-force-nightblade-healer-build/
    Edited by iam117 on October 18, 2017 4:41PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade healing can be very fun in any 4 man content, can't say I've tried it in vet trials. Works great in vDSA though and vet DLC HM dungeons. I would definitely recommend funnel health, use it 3 times to put a heal similar to rapid regen on the entire group (this does not scale well for larger groups, 11 funnel health would be needed for a group of 12). For ultimates I would recommend soul harvest in front bar for additional ultimate gain. For back bar go with Warhorn if you have good DPS with you, otherwise just do some damage yourself with elemental rage.

If you have a good group that stays out of red, you will not even need healing Ward or springs (with a few exceptions), the other healing over time should be enough.
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade healing can be very fun in any 4 man content, can't say I've tried it in vet trials. Works great in vDSA though and vet DLC HM dungeons. I would definitely recommend funnel health, use it 3 times to put a heal similar to rapid regen on the entire group (this does not scale well for larger groups, 11 funnel health would be needed for a group of 12). For ultimates I would recommend soul harvest in front bar for additional ultimate gain. For back bar go with Warhorn if you have good DPS with you, otherwise just do some damage yourself with elemental rage.

If you have a good group that stays out of red, you will not even need healing Ward or springs (with a few exceptions), the other healing over time should be enough.

during 12man trials, there are many encounters where you can keep your hots up (mutagen, refreshing path, etc) and just spam funnel and it will do the trick, damage while healing
    <Liv3mind>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're over estimating how hard it is to heal on a NB. With the right CPs the only healing you need in a normal dungeon is funnel health and refreshing path. I just DPS through most normals using no resto abilities.

You need to use more resto abilities in vet dungeons but funnel health will still be the bulk of your healing.

Dungeon set up
    Destro Bar: Funnel Health - Sap Essence - Elemental Blockade - Elemental Drain - Inner Light - Soul Siphon
    Resto Bar: Mutagen - Refreshing Path - Combat Prayer - Healing Ward - Siphoning Strikes - Elemental Rage

For trials I have to add in healing springs, energy orbs, blood altar, war horn etc

I run:
    3x IA (the harder your funnel hits for the better)
    5x SPC (basically a must)
    2x Troll King (built for hot based healers, I only use it in dungeons)
    +random weapons until I get my Master Resto/Maelstrom Destro
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful information everyone. Thank you!

I have a question regarding sap essence. Usually you use sap essence on trash mobs correct? Do you guys spam sap essence instead of funnel health in that situation?
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    i personally only use sap during 4 man content. on trash pulls or bosses that have lots of adds. just keep your hots up and spam just like funnel, just make sure your close enough to have it dmg everything
    <Liv3mind>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, spamming sap will put out plenty of healing for trash pulls and deal good damage. It's not a cheap skill, so you will have to invest in some sustain (siphoning attacks helps too if you can fit it in your bar, and ele drain one of the tougher enemies in the group at a minimum). Hitting funnel 3 times while charging in still isn't a bad idea to get some HoTs on your group.

Edit: Sap can cause enemies to attack you if the tank has not taunted them, but it can be cast while blocking and you will take less damage. The downside to block casting is that you cannot weave light attacks, so you will get less magicka back from siphoning attacks.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 18, 2017 9:52PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iam117 wrote: »
    i personally only use sap during 4 man content. on trash pulls or bosses that have lots of adds. just keep your hots up and spam just like funnel, just make sure your close enough to have it dmg everything

Pretty much this. Though on harder vet dungeons I tend to avoid using it all.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will copy my post from another topic.

NB healer is a really active playstyle and when you keep your hots up, your group members health will be up in the 90-100% region almost all the time. Sometimes someone will take a spike, but your hots will quickly take them back to full. If not, healing ward is your friend.

At the same time you can do close to 15k dps while still performing at your best in the healing role. It is the ideal healer for pugs, because you are often paired with *** 10k avg dps and you will pick up their slack. I will never again play my templar healer in pve. Its so boring compared to NB. Only downside is you sometimes get insta-kicked by dimwits just because you are a NB.

The most heard critique on NB healers is how they don't provide any stam support to the group/tank. So when I started my build, this got me thinking. I decided I wanted to have a build capable of high spell damage (I go into the upper 3 thousands with buffs), while also providing support to the group.

So what I went with is 5 SPC, 3 Willpower, 2 Sentinel of R'kugamz and I aim to also get master/vMA resto for backbar and vMA destro for frontbar. Still farming for that. Current destro staff is enchanted with weap+spell dmg enchant for higher funnel health damage and healing. The nice thing about sentinel of R'kugamz is that it restores stamina to your group without any real effort needed from them, like activating synergies. Sentinel spider will jump right to the boss and to where the tank and dd are, which is really nice.

The skillbars are as follows. Keep in mind this is for vet (DLC) dungeons and vDSA, not 12 man trials.
    Bar 1: funnel health, refreshing path, elemental blockade/elemental drain, sap essence and impale. Ult: Destro ult/warhorn.
    If someone asks for it, I will switch out impale for orbs, but I generally don't slot it because it tends to go to waste and isn't needed in most 4 man stuff.

Bar 2: Siphoning strikes, rapid regen, healing ward, healing springs and combat prayer. Ult: Soul Siphon/Warhorn.
    Yes I use rapid regen, and not mutagen. I dislike mutagen for the simple reason that it is not very responsive. It seems delayed. Also, it consumes the heal immediately when you use it on a low health ally, it gives lower uptime on SPC, and frankly does less healing over a sustained period of time. Imo, rapid regen is better and more efficient. Also, healing springs is on my bar for proccing master resto and for some select situations where spamming it will be a welcome luxury, such as a couple encounters in vRoM and other high damage AoE situations. CoA2 comes to mind. But definately not 'needed' in most cases.

Rotation at the start of the fight will be something like: siphoning strikes, rapid regen x2, combat prayer, bar swap, light attack+sap essence, light attack+refreshing path, light attack+elemental blockade, light attack funnel health x3 (so its up on everyone). Then do one or 2 resto heavies for major mending and magicka regen, or do some more light attack+funnel health for more dps. Then repeat. Hot uptime is crucial and failing to do so will result in situations where you have to resort to healing ward/springs.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With lightning staves being so good, i don't use sap essence in trash anymore. I just keep my HoTs up, put down my ground based DoTs and heavy attack with my lightning staff.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Bar 2 (Lightning Staff)

Thank you for your time.

Bar 2 (Lightning Staff)

Funnel health should be mandatory on any NB healer. The benefits are too good for such a cheap skill.

Not for trials it's not, it's pretty much pointless in a 12 man raid, 4 man content I completely agree but there is only one trial boss fight in the game where I would use it and that's top or bottom boss in vHRC when split up.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    If what I been told is true #1 on on vet AA did so with a nightblade healer. Just to say, you should start with a better attitude about it.

Here's an guide for it.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/a-long-guide-to-nightblade-pve-healing-in-one-tamriel-the-madgod/

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT THIS GUIDE WAS NOT USED BY ME.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i get a hell yeah brother?
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch