The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf Skill Line Needs Buff

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Werewolves need a serious buff:

1. Damage - Damage is too low. Please double the overall damage.
2. Healing - Healing is way too weak. Please double the healing.
3. Mitigation - Not tanks enough. Please increase the buff to resistances and crit resists.
4. Mobility - We need a snare remover. Add to the howl ability or something.
5. Sustain - Spell cost is way too high. Please cut in half the cost to use spells. We run out of gas with two howls and are left to light attack spam.

The weaknesses of werewolves are real. When was the last you fought a werewolf? When was the last time a werewolf made you pee your pants???
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. NO
    2. NO
    3. NO
    4. NO
    5. NO

The only thing weak is your skill.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can put together a smart werewolf build right now by using pelenials set.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffs for the wolf? Let's see:

- First some strong flea spray to get rid of those pesky biters
    - Then some grooming. A good comb and some gel for a glossy and sleek coat
    - Daily fetch, to ensure wolfie has plenty of exercise
    - Also have to make sure he's housebroken

All I can think of atm
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Puppy powah! All wolves unite!
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to screenshotdate it was 2016-07-21
    3987696.jpg
    Tbh, i found that so amazing when all the doggys suddenly rushed in and than i was dead before i could pee my pants.

What should really be fixed because its so unfair and discriminating is this:

3595273.jpg

Edited by eso_nya on October 17, 2017 6:06PM
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf is lame atm why not buff it literally 5 skills so situational and on a timer attached to a ultimate and people want it to stay the same zos community is terrible.

Rather have medicore powers forever. ..
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should give us double bar for werewolf, same like waaaampires
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL double the damage and Cyrodiil will be the Werewolf war not the alliance war.

I think the healing could be better, cost stamina or less magicka but other than that, werewolf is good.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to all, but add dye for the werewolf fur.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At a minimum, they should scale down the werewolf lord polymorph, it makes my char look FAT
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    No to all, but add dye for the werewolf fur.

Why not some skins for the discerning Lycan? Bear, boar, lion, crocodile, shark, ...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    LOL double the damage and Cyrodiil will be the Werewolf war not the alliance war.

that would be so cool...i have 2 ww's which i use regularly in pvp...

when I see someone else using theirs I get all happy...they're fun to fight and have out on the battlefield...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two werewolves that destroy everything in the BGs. Highlord Tythus, who runs trollking and shieldbreaker, and Caius (forgot full name) who runs a really interesting build that makes him invincible and hit really hard to. I don’t want to type out his build on the boards because it’s brilliant and builds in a direction so far away from regular Stam builds that I would feel bad posting it because it’d get copied and then there would be too many WWs running around.

The thing is, both of them have specific builds that would only work well in werewolf form. But they’re both ridiculously good when they’re in WW. I’d be amazed if either of them ever lost a 1v1, especially caius. He was tearing through me and jimbo and old Fred 1v3 no problem.

But if you catch either of them in their WW gear but not in WW form, they’re pretty damn easy to kill.

TL;DR Werewolf form is underpowered if you try to gear it out like a regular Stam toon. If you want to be able to kick [snip] outside of WW form, you’ll be an easy kill when you’re inside WW form. But if you build specifically for WW then it’s honestly a bit OP

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 18, 2017 1:19PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    3987696.jpg
    Tbh, i found that so amazing when all the doggys suddenly rushed in and than i was dead before i could pee my pants.

3595273.jpg

I always fall out of WW trying to rez. Why is WW rez so slow?!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    There are two werewolves that destroy everything in the BGs. Highlord Tythus, who runs trollking and shieldbreaker, and Caius (forgot full name) who runs a really interesting build that makes him invincible and hit really hard to. I don’t want to type out his build on the boards because it’s brilliant and builds in a direction so far away from regular Stam builds that I would feel bad posting it because it’d get copied and then there would be too many WWs running around.

The thing is, both of them have specific builds that would only work well in werewolf form. But they’re both ridiculously good when they’re in WW. I’d be amazed if either of them ever lost a 1v1, especially caius. He was tearing through me and jimbo and old Fred 1v3 no problem.

But if you catch either of them in their WW gear but not in WW form, they’re pretty damn easy to kill.

TL;DR Werewolf form is underpowered if you try to gear it out like a regular Stam toon. If you want to be able to kick [snip] outside of WW form, you’ll be an easy kill when you’re inside WW form. But if you build specifically for WW then it’s honestly a bit OP

Secret pelinal hybrid build that boosts ww heal, which is based on magicka and spell power, and has the highest scaling of any heal in the game?

Have I said too much?!

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 18, 2017 1:20PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a have a question for you all - short of equipping the wyrd tree set - how do you counter resource poisons in werewolf form?
    Edited by geonsocal on October 18, 2017 3:56AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    3987696.jpg

3595273.jpg

I always fall out of WW trying to rez. Why is WW rez so slow?!

Because you can't resurrect while in werewolf form silly!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    a have a question for you all - short of equipping the wyrd tree set - how do you counter resource poisons in werewolf form?
    Cp into poison resistance and be a wood elf for racial passive resistance
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp into poison resistance and be a wood elf for racial passive resistance

Think he is talking about weapon poisons not poison type damage.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stand next to someone who is spamimg purge... that's it :)
    Caius
    PC NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's like everyone who has any sort of poison or snare/root abilities get super happy when they see a werewolf...

I have one of my werewolves in a 7 heavy, shacklebreaker, plague doctor, selene's set up...

thinking of replacing plague doctor with wyrd tree and just spamming the heck out of roar :p

the character is a stamplar, so the extra magicka will help out a bit...would just need to rearrange his attributes...

Edit: maybe switch out shacklebreaker for reactive or veiled inheritance...it gets frustrating getting stuck in place...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 18, 2017 6:46PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys, I was just kidding about buffing werewolves. They are fine where they are. Obviously, I was trolling with the post.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    cute troll.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also gonna post about it in somewhere but while there is a buff WW thread, I'll write what I think should be done for WW.
    In my opinion more werewolves will bring open world PvP a proper tool to combat permablockers, healing meta and most importantly Its a fun aspect of the game thats out of meta for far too long now.

There are many issues about WW. Its clunky, It can't heal for *** you get snared to death etc.. But my biggest real issue with WW is how insane it costs,

It costs way way way too much to even consider it over something like corrosive armor(And corrosive armor is also a *** spell compared to spell wall, no matter the cost, but It gives you a damage boost, like werewolf form does, except Its actually avaible for a much more reasonable cost, and you can actually use your spells with CA buff active and still enjoy the full power of it for 10 seconds.)

My opinion is that base werewolf ult should cost 300, the pack leader should cost 150 and the other one should be at 200.
    That will increase the number of werewolves we see around for sure.

And Its really not a bad thing. Werewolves have so much counterplay, and they counter those unkillable tanks.

Think about it for a second:

insane bleed damage on light attacks
    disease damage with major defile morph
    Fear

They have EVERYTHING that counters a permablocker.
    They are also very easy to shut down because their healing is ***, and magicka based.
    But there is another big issue with werewolf, their spammable is reflectable, because Its 10m, it counts as a ranged spell, so that could use some love too.

So yeah.. I miss the days when we had werewolf zergs in cyrodiil. I know this is a totally different game now, but Werewolf is fine, they're just mostly outdated.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 19, 2017 12:24AM
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Buffs for the wolf? Let's see:

- First some strong flea spray to get rid of those pesky biters
    - Then some grooming. A good comb and some gel for a glossy and sleek coat
    - Daily fetch, to ensure wolfie has plenty of exercise
    - Also have to make sure he's housebroken

All I can think of atm

@Tryxus get him fixed so he can’t breed?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @Ragnarock41 ...i had no idea howl was reflectable - man, I absolutely hate getting killed with my own moves :#
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

[Edited to remove profanity]

I think he´s posted his build (or at least written about it) on the forums himself so no secret really :)
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolfs are rare. I rarely ever run into them in pvp and when I do, the encounters a 50/50. As long as you dot em up and snare them, werewolfs can be taken down. Just make sure to heal through their damage and avoid getting stunned by em.
  • Laquey
    Laquey
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Werewolves need a serious buff:

1. Damage - Damage is too low. Please double the overall damage.
    2. Healing - Healing is way too weak. Please double the healing.
    3. Mitigation - Not tanks enough. Please increase the buff to resistances and crit resists.
    4. Mobility - We need a snare remover. Add to the howl ability or something.
    5. Sustain - Spell cost is way too high. Please cut in half the cost to use spells. We run out of gas with two howls and are left to light attack spam.

The weaknesses of werewolves are real. When was the last you fought a werewolf? When was the last time a werewolf made you pee your pants???

Thanks to Chrlynsch my WW:

1 Damage is insane, white swing hits on pvp targets are about 5K on medium armour, howl tooltips for 28K on a feared and unbalanced target, my passive bleeds are 26K over 8 seconds and my healing debuff is about 23.5K over 8 seconds.

2. My healing tooltip is around 20K in combat, lol.

3. Depending on my armour choice for the day I either dodge well with good mitigation or have high mitigation.

4. Mobility for WW is excellent, if you need a snare remover run in a group with backup heals.

5. You should be white swinging for your damage, your spells are your utility and burst.

TLDR: you're doing it wrong go read Chrlynsch comments in my recent thread on WW pvp. :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371814/questions-for-the-werewolf-pvp-professionals#latest
    Edited by Laquey on October 19, 2017 10:32PM