The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An option to see posts we have voted agree, insightful and/or awesome on

Runschei
Runschei
✭✭✭✭✭
Heey!

Just like we have the option to see which of our own posts and threads has received agree // insightful // awesome, would it not be possible to have an option to see the posts we have given the same votes to? I am very curious to see how many of the three votes I have given out myself, and who is the person I agree most with. I am also curios to your thoughts on this? Yes? No? And why?

Edit; As in YOU and ONLY YOU can see the posts YOU have voted agree/awesome/insightful on. No one else can click on your profile and see the posts YOU have voted on.
Edited by Runschei on October 17, 2017 2:59PM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    Heey!

Just like we have the option to see which of our own posts and threads has received agree // insightful // awesome, would it not be possible to have an option to see the posts we have given the same votes to? I am very curious to see how many of the three votes I have given out myself, and who is the person I agree most with. I am also curios to your thoughts on this? Yes? No? And why?

In a forums where naming and shaming is forbidden? Not sure they would ever add this.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Heey!

In a forums where naming and shaming is forbidden? Not sure they would ever add this.

As in you and only you, can see who you have voted agree/insightful/awesome on? I do not see how that would be naming and shaming. Please explain ?
    Edited by Runschei on October 17, 2017 7:11AM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heey!

I thi9nk this much to OP and should get a NERF soon!
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Heey!

I thi9nk this much to OP and should get a NERF soon!

''Nerf Runschei, she gives out too many awesomes''
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heey!

As in you and only you, can see who you have voted agree/insightful/awesome on? I do not see how that would be naming and shaming. Please explain ?

From owe experience, people would feel obligated to give back to ppl that gave u positive reputations, ending in some ppl accusing others of giving insightfuls to boost their power lvls on forums or who knows what. It always ends in tears.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    From owe experience, people would feel obligated to give back to ppl that gave u positive reputations, ending in some ppl accusing others of giving insightfuls to boost their power lvls on forums or who knows what. It always ends in tears.

Depending on how it was implemented, this wouldn't be a concern. If this was something only visible to yourself, then no-one would feel obligated to do anything, since they wouldn't be able to see who gave them anything. All that a person could see is what post's they have given an Insightful/Agree/Awesome to.

And frankly, I've come across too many post's that I've gone to I/Ag/Aw and found the # decreasing as I'd already done that some time previously. Pffft!

But I'd like to know how a listing only visible to the individual poster could inspire others, that can't see who gave them what, would inspire In/Ag/Aw inflation, feeling obligated to give them to others, etc?
    o_O
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with the idea, but equally I have no interest in it. I can't see what purpose it would serve.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome is the new lol-button
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heey!

Tandor wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with the idea, but equally I have no interest in it. I can't see what purpose it would serve.

I am just curious to see who I agree the most with. If I agree a lot with the same person, then wow maybe a new friend? I do not really have a 'good' reason I guess, but it would just be fun.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heey!

I am just curious to see who I agree the most with. If I agree a lot with the same person, then wow maybe a new friend? I do not really have a 'good' reason I guess, but it would just be fun.

So, you look for a bff or maybe bf on forums :trollface:
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heey!

Wouldn't mind to make a few more friends, but I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Past experiences with guys from games have been...strange.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heey!

Wouldn't mind to make a few more friends, but I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Past experiences with guys from games have been...strange.

Let me guess - they wanted you to whip them and call them names while they are dressed in high heels and spandex suits? Sounds like dc folk to me.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I give awesomes as a hug because they have a little heart symbol. <3
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I had something similar on another forum. I did not use it too often, but it's a way to find some laughs again - as in "oh yeah this post in this thread, gotta read it again".

With the participated option and bookmarks I don't feel it's necessary, but I am not against it.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    Well I had something similar on another forum. I did not use it too often, but it's a way to find some laughs again - as in "oh yeah this post in this thread, gotta read it again".

With the participated option and bookmarks I don't feel it's necessary, but I am not against it.

I mark funny and important threads with that bookmark star, but I still want to see the comments I have voted something on.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a "Do not agree button". I think it would be overly used at first and then die down to a normal level.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

I mark funny and important threads with that bookmark star, but I still want to see the comments I have voted something on.

"Other's who have liked this post also liked"

Hehe - of course I know what you mean - just playing with the long time options.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they give an option to "opt out", sure why not?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump :D
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what that has to do with privately viewing which posts you have given insightfuls, agreeds, and awesomes to.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I would like a "Do not agree button". I think it would be overly used at first and then die down to a normal level.

They're not going to add a negative reinforcement button.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what that has to do with privately viewing which posts you have given insightfuls, agreeds, and awesomes to.

Exactly.