The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Racial Skills: Nords

deleted220103-006055
The Resist Frost skill is certainly colorful and appropriate for Nords, but the Cold Resistance boost seems pretty far out in terms of usefulness.

Perhaps you could convert it to some amount of Physical Resistance?

In their turn, Dark Elves have Resist Flame. Convert their Flame Resistance to Spell Resistance. Thanks.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about snare resistance instead?
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That racial passive as well as other specific damage type resistance passives like that, such as Dunmers Flame and Argonian and Bosmers Poison and Disease makes them immune to the secondary effect from said damage type. And with the new Asylum destro staff coming next week this passive will prevent the minor maim from frost damage, which actually does help. Its not a useless passive when considering that.

Good to note though that other sources of Minor Maim still applies the debuff.

So Dunmers will, I think, want to keep their flame resistance.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords, Khajiit's, and even Orc all need buffs now after the heavy nerfs to Stam sustain and health recovery because all three races have the 20% Health Recovery as a passive and all three lack in Stamina sustain. Redguard should not be the best choice for everything like it is now.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Nords need a little help imo. They aren't that great a choice for tanks, because of the way resistances are calculated (i.e. Rugged contributes very little) the nerf to health recovery, and the rarity of cold damage in the game. Even Imperials might be a better option because of their higher attribute bonuses.
    And for DPS, they are not under any consideration. Which is odd, because they always used to have bonuses to combat skills and higher strength than other races.

Maybe a cost reduction to stamina abilitites similar to Breton's Magicka Mastery would be a possibility?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bigger issue is with how tanking in general has evolved. We used to stack mitigation to a resistance cap and tank sets that were BiS (Best in Slot) were more selfish and about the tanks survival. Now it is more about how the tank is supporting the group. Neither Torugs, Ebon, or Alkosh are great for the actual tank's benefit. Ebon at least provides health, but Plague Dr. would provide more. They all provide debuffs to the boss or benefits to the group and that's what serious trials groups want.

If ZoS were to make Trial damage from bosses so powerful that you had to stack health and mitigation or your tank would die then we might see Nords becoming more popular again, but the way things are going Argonians are the best tanks because they get a lot of resources back with each potion so they can handle the high cost of blocking and support skills while wearing sets that don't have any real tanking benefits.

Also now that Defile also affects health regeneration that passive is even worse...

Currently the Nord Passives at Rank 3 look like:

- Increases Max Stamina by 6% and Health Recovery by 20%.
    - Increases Max Health by 9% and Cold Resistance by 2079.
    - Damage reduction by 6%.

Some ideas for Nord passive changes:

- Increases Max Stamina by 6%
    - Restore 410 stamina when you are hit once every 4 seconds.
    - Increases Max Health by 9% and Cold Resistance by 2079.
    - Damage reduction by 6% and Healing Received by 5%

This is what Argonians have for comparison:

- Increases your Max Magicka by 3%.
    - Whenever you drink a potion you restore 4620 Health, Magicka, and Stamina
    - Increases Max Health by 9% and Poison and Disease Resistance by 1485.
    - Increases your healing done and received by 5%.

Edited by kojou on October 17, 2017 2:15PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Resist Frost skill is certainly colorful and appropriate for Nords, but the Cold Resistance boost seems pretty far out in terms of usefulness.

Perhaps you could convert it to some amount of Physical Resistance?

In their turn, Dark Elves have Resist Flame. Convert their Flame Resistance to Spell Resistance. Thanks.

I'm ok with the Resist flame passive on my Dunmer, same as with the Argonian resistance passive on my Argonians. Instead, I would ask for inceasing the frost dmg sources rather than changing that Nord passive
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either give them a 5-6% weapon damage passive instead of the health recovery (offensive) or a healing received passive instead of health recovery (defensive)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More damage or better sustain. Either of these would be an acceptable change.