Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Nightblades Overperforming

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Too much damage, too little cost. I say 33% damage Reduction to all abilities with about 50% ult cost increase. Definitely OP, for reasons I don't even have to logically prove. Nerf ZoS nerf, you listen to every one of these. Do it now. Come on, do it.
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing about this troll post is that you could change the title and apply this statement to anything in game. Well played, sir. Well played.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you make threads like this, i feel zos is more inclined to ignore your feedback.
    PS4 NA DC
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also since I died to a nightblade once and I think I’m the best player, they definitely are op they deserve a substantial damage nerf.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need another sustain nerf.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can't argue with mount speed too. It definitely has an unfair advantage over those that just started playing
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can't argue with mount speed too. It definitely has an unfair advantage over those that just started playing

Agree.

Personally, I feel mounts should never have been added to the game. An obvious p2w ploy if I ever saw one.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poor OP, did you die to a horrifically evil NB? and could not use your vast experience to kill the dastardy bugger, my heart bleedeth. :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Despite this being a blatant troll thread, I will agree that mounts are pretty FeelsBadMan for newer players in Cyrodiil. Cyrodiil needs a rental service that gives everyone a horse with Max Speed + Stamina while there. Tether it to an early Alliance Rank to give a slight incentive to PvP a bit before you go get all those Skyshards.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, nerf those pesky NBs

Ambush should be changed so that when you teleport to the enemy you slam-dunk a mudball on their head.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Poor OP, did you die to a horrifically evil NB? and could not use your vast experience to kill the dastardy bugger, my heart bleedeth. :p

Oh no, I main NB before beta, I have more NB experience than you, you gotta obv l2p if you don't agree.

Nerf DKs too, wings over performs, should make projectiles hit you
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 17, 2017 3:00AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I really hate... those stupid birds that Sorcs are always shooting at me!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    You know what I really hate... those stupid birds that Sorcs are always shooting at me!

And those Warden Jabs OMG.
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Yea, nerf those pesky NBs

Ambush should be changed so that when you teleport to the enemy you slam-dunk a mudball on their head.

Yes.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh no, I main NB before beta, I have more NB experience than you, you gotta obv l2p if you don't agree.

But It actually does?

• rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    I play a nightblade and I am bad at it.

Too little damage, too much cost. I say 33% damage Increase to all abilities with about 50% ult cost reduction. Definitely UP, for reasons I don't even have to logically prove. Buff ZoS buff, you listen to every one of these. Do it now. Come on, do it.
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you make threads like this, i feel zos is more inclined to ignore your feedback.
    @GreenSoup2HoT
    Actually, ZoS listen to these kind of feedbacks as they're reminiscent to the cries of plebs. I sure hope ZoS don't make this a reality because troll posts often backfire.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The salt is real lol, but I'll indulge you because there's 1 specific area that mageblade is overperforming so grossly as to render other specs irrelevant.

There's a current issue where, for large scale pvp, any min/max group has literally 0 mathematical reason to run any damage specs other than mageblade. 8% max mag for existing, 10% CHD and passive crit chance increases, soul harvest ultimate regen increasing eots uptime, and the excellent synergy between destro ult-reliable gap closers(lotus)-aoe damage(sap, which scales better than any instant aoe spammable in game and provides minor off heals).

At present, there is nothing any other group, aoe damage spec can do to compete with the mageblade destro bomber. In fact, the gap is huge when you consider what other magika builds have for spammable aoe damage: sweeps is a *** cone, inhale puts out much less DPS than sap, same with impulse, fissure is delayed. That's not even touching the issues stamina damage spec have in large group PVP.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    The salt is real lol, but I'll indulge you because there's 1 specific area that mageblade is overperforming so grossly as to render other specs irrelevant.

There's a current issue where, for large scale pvp, any min/max group has literally 0 mathematical reason to run any damage specs other than mageblade. 8% max mag for existing, 10% CHD and passive crit chance increases, soul harvest ultimate regen increasing eots uptime, and the excellent synergy between destro ult-reliable gap closers(lotus)-aoe damage(sap, which scales better than any instant aoe spammable in game and provides minor off heals).

At present, there is nothing any other group, aoe damage spec can do to compete with the mageblade destro bomber. In fact, the gap is huge when you consider what other magika builds have for spammable aoe damage: sweeps is a *** cone, inhale puts out much less DPS than sap, same with impulse, fissure is delayed. That's not even touching the issues stamina damage spec have in large group PVP.

Key word there: any min/max group

The rest of us will keep a certain diversity of builds in our group because we'd like to not be countered by a single well-placed negate or the very simple expedient of, in the words of Monty Python, "Run away!"
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Also since I died to a nightblade once and I think I’m the best player, they definitely are op they deserve a substantial damage nerf.

Doesn't every single of the 10 million player base think 'they' are the best player in the game?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear low-effort trolling works better on this forum than anywhere else.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You haven't been to Reddit, have you?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

You haven't been to Reddit, have you?

Fair point :D
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Key word there: any min/max group

The rest of us will keep a certain diversity of builds in our group because we'd like to not be countered by a single well-placed negate or the very simple expedient of, in the words of Monty Python, "Run away!"

Plague DoctorStacking enough health, good communication, and proper stam support are the counter to getting negated, not degrading your overall group quality.

I'm not insinuating your group is bad, just that against an equally skilled group you'll be at a huge disadvantage by choosing to run more diverse. Everyone has their own play style and my preference when I used to run large scale was to min/max to an extent but focus more on the group of friends you're playing with and having fun with them. I'm not knocking you for this and I get that its hard to tell long time guild members "hey, your DK is bad in large scale and its making us inferior, please reroll warden or mageblade" but that doesn't change the fact that nothing is remotely close to NB for large scale damage. Obviously every group needs more than just damage spec, you have to have dedicated healers and supports, CC specs, etc. But for large group damage there's no comparing anything to the mageblade.

Right? I'm only here because @Waffennacht is my buddy and we've discussed this previously. But he's technically right in 1 specific aspect mageblade is indeed over performing in a way that decreases build diversity and hurts balance.

Edited by Lexxypwns on October 17, 2017 3:38PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try playing Eve Online then going to the Eve community on Reddit >:):p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, a good troll post has to have a grain of truth in it ;)

Anyway, you guys definitely kept it light hearted, ty

I hope everyone has a good day
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plague DoctorStacking enough health, good communication, and proper stam support are the counter to getting negated, not degrading your overall group quality.

LOL, I actually do run Plague Doctor in small groups or when I'm pugging as a healer (not in my raid group), and I don't even have to block when a bomber rolls in. I laugh, because that's so true.

Still, I think the key word is min/max. A group that goes min/max is going to see maximum results - I know, I've fought them and lost - until groups figure out the counter and start hitting them where they are weak - I know that too, it takes a while to figure out the weaknesses, but a min/max group always has a minimum side as well.

Nightblades may be overperforming in the bomber or destro damage pain train but the thing I love about Cyrodiil is that one or two playstyles hardly encompasses the whole of PVP in Cyrodiil. A nightblade might be superior to all other classes in that role, but that role can be easily countered. There's nothing wrong with a class performing well or better than others in a role - I mean, if you want clutch heals, you get a Templar with Breath of Life.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nerf Warden... too new...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Templars too

They always kill my bear :cry: Plz ZOS, before Tamriel's bears become extinct
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much damage, too little cost. I say 33% damage Reduction to all abilities with about 50% ult cost increase. Definitely OP, for reasons I don't even have to logically prove. Nerf ZoS nerf, you listen to every one of these. Do it now. Come on, do it.

So true!!!!111oneoneone

Too bad developers don't pay attention to people that understand the game!!!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Doesn't every single of the 10 million player base think 'they' are the best player in the game?

Nope! :#