The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dolmen Grinding

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    People bring up the Alik'r dolmens farming a lot what's so special about that location then others? Sorry I never did dolmen farming unless I needed some sets.
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Dolmen grinding is what I primarily use to level my alts. I will stop leveling alts if it is nerfed.
    The most fun I've had in weeks was after being picked up in a random group for some desert circles...Two of the dudes were high and talking absolute SMACK to each other like it was just them (about anything and everything that popped into their heads) while the other 20 odd of us just listened in with mic's turned off to help contain the laughter.

Easily one of my top 5 ESO moments

Re. the poll, I'll grind out alt's on the dolmens, but generally after doing the main storyline for each alliance (for the skill points) and while waiting for dungeon finder to do it's thing.

It's also good for levelling up new skills quickly after nerfs or whatever.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a bad thing. I hope ZOS nerfs dolmen grinding
    People bring up the Alik'r dolmens farming a lot what's so special about that location then others? Sorry I never did dolmen farming unless I needed some sets.

The Dolmens in Alik´r are very close to wayshrines, that´s why it´s a popular spot....
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Qbiken wrote: »

The Dolmens in Alik´r are very close to wayshrines, that´s why it´s a popular spot....

Well that explains that lol
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Its an MMO,

XP grind will occur one place or another :)
    PC
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Let people ride the dolmen zerg trains if they want. Mind your own business.

It makes certain areas very laggy. I was questing in Alikr, and experienced huge fps drops because of those zergs.
    Zergs aren't the issue. Game and server optimization are the issue.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Never done it.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Pele wrote: »
    Let people ride the dolmen zerg trains if they want. Mind your own business.

It makes certain areas very laggy. I was questing in Alikr, and experienced huge fps drops because of those zergs.
    Zergs aren't the issue. Game and server optimization are the issue.
    Zerg spamming AoE is an issue client side too-
    If server side it will affect the entire zone equal if you are on other side of zone or look at zerg.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Their fault. Will discover max level/cp gets u nowhere once they r there.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run some dolmens occasionally just for gameplay diversity. Don't see any problems.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Pro Dolmen grinding: Ok, there are people who care for their characters and want them to be more powerful by amassing CPs as fast as possible. On the other hand I don't think you are that much faster as if you would play normal or vet 4-man-instances. You need skill points Undaunted rank etc. etc. too.

Contra Dolmen grinding: This won't make bad players to good players and maybe is the reason for those 500 CP + bow/bow LA spammers you meet in PUGs.

Positive side effect: Zones with farmable Dolmens seem to be bustling and crowded with people and so the game looks inhabited.

I don't care. I don't think you can change the attitude of players much by preventing Dolmen grinding. There are players who play good or even excellent and they grinded their chars and there will be always some who won't give a f.... on basic game mechanics and their performance in a group role. Either a player wants to improve or not, Dolmen grinding or Skyreach grinding is not the reason for basic attitudes.

Several kicks in a row from a vet group followed by an ignore list record because of lousy dps is a much more efficient method to impress someone and let them think over their attitude.

Edited by Flameheart on October 17, 2017 1:13PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    It's a bad thing because ZOS make leveling alts so dang tedious. I wish we had the option to copy another characters journal when creating a new character - all the skill points, quest progress, etc so that I can get on with playing the game.

I grind using dolmens but it's so mind-numbing that I wait until there's a double XP event.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not the efficient way to grind but its definitely the easiest
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Its also a noob trap. People seem to pay too much attention to cp levels, assuming that grinding exp automatically gives you 40+k dps... And exp in those zergs isnt very good to begin with.

well we all started here, didn´t we? what else was there in the early days of the game?? a few delves, the undaunted thing, which I didn´t like at that time, and then there were the dolmen!
    And the fact that YOU have lags, that is a pitty, but it is not the players who causes, it is ZOS which doesn´t fixes, although they talk about ever since the game went live!
    Edited by Azurya on October 17, 2017 10:52AM
  • BleuZephyr
    Other - Please mention
    Nothing wrong with it. Let people play the way they want.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    That's the beauty of a Vast AAA MMO! Lots of things to do all over Tamriel.

There will be things you find enjoyable to do and there will be things others find fun!

If they aren't harming you in any way... just scoot on by (or join in)! You've got options.

People are going to play the way they want to, thats enjoyable to them.

Let them!
    Edited by Zenzuki on October 17, 2017 11:44AM
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a bad thing. I hope ZOS nerfs dolmen grinding
    Some of the zones are really laggy due to the huge trains riding those dolmens. I don't want an XP nerf, but a mob buff. Make the difficulty of the end boss scale with the number of players, not only by the number of adds, but the boss and add health as well. Increase damage done by them, add CCs, AoEs and some other mechanics that require a bit of coordination, blocking, breaking free, doing something in a certain order in order to win. In short make them smarter and harder. This will wipe bots and people who rubberband or simply hit random keys and teach the others how to play.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    It's a stupidly slow way to level up.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Who cares if players sit around Dolmens and kills stuff. Why is this even a conversation? Can no player play this game in a way that he/she finds enjoyment and not be bothered by someone else that thinks they are doing something wrong?

I understand to a degree about a thread stated making this or that better and here is an idea. Remove this skill and add this instead. ok.. fine.. But dolmen grinding?!

sigh....
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    It's fine.

It makes Dolmens worth doing for low levels. Would it be better if the XP was terrible and nobody bothered to do them ever again?

It also keeps the questing areas thinner, which is better for RP reasons and quest objectives.

It would not be a bad idea to spread out the Al'kir ones a bit, so it wasn't the clearly best zone for the grind.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's awesome for the first 30 levels. Around lvl 30 the exp really starts to nose dive and when you hit 40 it is really bad. It really is one of the better ways to grind out skills though if you have respecced or openned up a new skill/line. My suggestion, if you want to level an alt, is to do dolmens until early-mid thirties and then go to cyrodiil and find a delve. At level 40 you'll pretty much get the same xp for killing one mob in a cyro delve as you do for clearing a dolmen. Also, the mobs in those delves spawn insanely fast so there will be no down time in killing.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    What others get up to doesn't bother me as long as they aren't afk or botting at the time. Personally, I use dolmens to get the achievements and for certain quests such as The Missing Prophecy. In all other respects I explore and do quests, I never have seen any point in grinding.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolmen grinding is what I primarily use to level my alts. I will stop leveling alts if it is nerfed.
    It's the easiest way to level alts that DOESN'T require paying people for Skyreach runs. I don't level alts in dungeons, because people in the PS4 community are rather kick-happy (even if you're running a normal) when they don't see your CP level. I also only complete quest lines that give skill points on my alts, because questing is a much slower way to level, and is only interesting the first time through. My main is slowly but surely making her way through each zone and DLC area, completing every quest possible; I'd lose my mind if I used that technique to level my alts.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    it is, at least the huge dolmen zergs.
    Now it can be fast if you want to do major changes on character: making an tank or healer build or switch between stamina and magic, downside is that you hardly do damage but you don't need it here.
    Edited by zaria on October 17, 2017 1:21PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I don't care, not even a little. I've never leveled a character through a dolmen grind, and it sounds as tedious as any other grind, but I don't care one bit if that's how other people spend their time.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    You do you... once they fixed AFK farming at dolmens (well, I imagine it's not entirely gone, but it's no longer as easy as rubberbanding the controller at any dolmen and going to work) the only real "negative" side effect here is that the Daedric Lord Slayer title isn't nearly as cool as it used to be. If you even want to call that a negative side effect.

Doesn't bother me at all as long as real people are really farming it (so, no bots, no AFKers). Plan on getting all the dolmens to get Flash Warden his Savior of Nirn title during the festival, actually.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it isn't. It's stupidly slow if you just sit at one dolmen for ten minutes, but if you pop an XP scroll and do a circuit of three dolmens, dropping AOEs like mad at each dolmen, it's a very efficient way of grinding XP quickly. The only time you waste is the time it takes to port to the next dolmen (which is less than a minute, at most), and the time it takes to transfer gear you get to your banker. If you do it at CP 160+, you also have a good shot of picking up purple jewellery you can sell at traders in the process as an added bonus.
  • taleth
    taleth
    ✭✭✭
    They are one of the best ways to lev skill. For istance if im a magicka user and wanna lev duel wielding faster than norm i can slot 5 duel wield skills. I could not do this leveling on my own as my damage and stam are gimp
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I like to do the dolmens and love the sound when a dolmen starts while you can hear it from a mile away: ddddzzzzzzzzzz.....
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all those saying that Dolment grinidng is slow/inefficent.

Is there any more efficient way to level alts that satisfies the following conditions?

1. No waiting
    2. Guaranteed XP
    3. No need to form groups
    4. No need to coordinate
    5. No way for others to mess up your XP gains
    6. No need to pay anyone
    7. No need to craft new training armor every 10 levels

Dolmens satisfy all these conditions. Is there any other method that ALSO satisfies these conditions and gives equivalent or better XP?

Let's see if anyone can come up with another. Dolmens rule!!