The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dolmen Grinding

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
I have seen mobs of players mindlessly grinding dolmens all day....do you think thats a good thing ?
Edited by vpy on October 17, 2017 1:37AM

Dolmen Grinding 160 votes

Its a bad thing. I hope ZOS nerfs dolmen grinding
13%
kwisatzTapio75HvzedaZolronOeildefeu91ZinarothLadyNalcaryaBeardimusSygil05QbikenSylosiAsardesMasterLenmanMarabornwingrionCymro83IronCrystalaaisoahoSparklyRookAlienatedGoatvpy 22 votes
I am bored of leveling via quests and grind them occasionally. But I would not care if ZOS nerf it
19%
Nestorkevlarto_ESOMithorondanielclarkb16_ESOUlfgardeIts_AlexisbottleofsyrupQUEZ420SkinzzVoodooPlatypusZerokPuzzlenutsRunefangDoccEffBobby_V_RockitNyxserisYamiKurukuPhantomOcelotLadislaoStrawberryKitsune 31 votes
Dolmen grinding is what I primarily use to level my alts. I will stop leveling alts if it is nerfed.
20%
k9mouseLightspeedflashb14_ESOSirieliaNemesis7884aubrey.baconb16_ESONebthet78AurielleLady_PranceyYukon2112Thestephenmcraeub17_ESOLoves_guarsAndreakosTerraDewBerryEnemy-of-ColdharbourpaulsimonpsTakes-No-PrisonerSGT_Wolfe101stbhagwadSpiderKnightKozato 33 votes
Other - Please mention
46%
MojmirNewBlacksmurflolo_01b16_ESOAzuryaKhenarthizariadanno8CazicSunnyBunnyidkrosendoichinoveb17_ESOAlex_LexstarkerealmSnippit_Thomassrfrogg23FlameheartHanzusLinaleahMasterSpatulaSpacemonkey 74 votes
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Quit complaining about the way others play the game. What's with peoples need to dictate what others should and shouldn't be doing?

[Edited to remove bypass of the profanity filter]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on October 17, 2017 12:49PM
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Its an trap for fools, keeping fools out of public dungeons or Azura protect us all, group dungeons is important.
    Having more fools in pvp on the other hand would be an buff as long as they stay out of AD :)

How an trap for fools? Doing dolmens in an small group give good xp, the Alkir zergs does not.
    Dolmens also give serious xp on first clear.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Don't need it, glad it's there. Capable of minding my own beeswax. ;)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am bored of leveling via quests and grind them occasionally. But I would not care if ZOS nerf it
    I typically level my alts through questing. However, right about level 48 I'm just so close to level 50 that I can taste it! I can't stand it, and so I will often grind dolmens in a faction for that last 100k+ of exp just to be done.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    It's not a bad thing, I can't do it for more than an hour though.

When leveling an alt I'll pop an xp scroll and grind away for a bit then go do a dungeon or some questing.

I've seen players dolmen grinding all day, no idea how that doesn't drive them insane. But if they're happy then good for them.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    LordGavus wrote: »
    It's not a bad thing, I can't do it for more than an hour though.

When leveling an alt I'll pop an xp scroll and grind away for a bit then go do a dungeon or some questing.

I've seen players dolmen grinding all day, no idea how that doesn't drive them insane. But if they're happy then good for them.
    And yes grinding give me this feeling
    catgrind7_animation_by_olsen1a-d9tki34.gif

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly it's not the best way to grind XP. But it is a way to keep a lot of other people away from my grinding spots. And me way from theirs when I'm feeling lazy.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doing the grind is pretty much necessary at some point if you want the generals achievement. Would you rather do it when you need the levels, or when you don't?

Getting the achievement has happened for my newer toons when starting the grind at 3 and getting the achievement in the low 40s.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Runs wrote: »
    Doing the grind is pretty much necessary at some point if you want the generals achievement. Would you rather do it when you need the levels, or when you don't?

Getting the achievement has happened for my newer toons when starting the grind at 3 and getting the achievement in the low 40s.
    Good point^

Dolmen Grinding isn't always bad, at times with good groups I have had a blast doing Alkir, just cant do it for long periods of time ;) . A mix of questing, dungeons, Dolmen grindingand if possible events is how I leveled all 7 of my characters. I see NOTHING wrong with Dolman grinding for those that want that option, "play how you want' .

"Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Nothing wrong with a good Dolmen grind from time to time. Just let others play the game how they want and move on if you don't like it.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I don’t think about it until someone makes a forum post about it.
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Don't mind people doing it, don't do it myself
    Argonian masterrace
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I've done it on a couple alts. After the tenth or so in a row, it becomes kinda trippy. It's a really good way to simply disconnect from reality for a couple hours.

I wouldn't recommend it for new players, because you really don't learn how to play via that. Also, if you're not an experienced player, you're going to take some significant XP hits trying to slam them (now). Still, it's a thing that exists. It's kinda fun.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Well, when I'm trying to find a specific item that only drops there, it's nice to have peeps nearby to help.

I do wish dolmens were harder back like in the dawn of time when you couldn't finish them alone and had to call for help in zone chat. That was fun. It was like mini-events.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I think its kind of silly, but I can see why players would enjoy it. Ive thought about going along for a few times when looking for jewelry pieces as I leveled up. Let them do what makes them happy imo. Its also promotes grouping so it is a positive thing in that regard.
    Edited by Motherball on October 17, 2017 4:32AM
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Dont care. At all.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I prefer Coffee Grinding

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I thought people did this to farm sets?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care, it's pretty ineffective for getting XP anyway.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I am not really concerned with how others gain XP. Really a non issue.
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    It's part of the game's lore that members of the Fighters Guild fight back the threat of the Daedra.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It´s bad because the lag it creates. Makes it almost impossible to do a dolmen, unless you are in some one completely alone.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    i don't do it, but = whatever floats your boat! :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolmen grinding is what I primarily use to level my alts. I will stop leveling alts if it is nerfed.
    Quit female dogging about the way others play the game. What's with peoples need to dictate what others should and shouldn't be doing?

honestly its an absolute sjw disease these days to tell anyone how they should live their lofe...just stop it and mind your own damn business it doesnt affect you - besides its great to lvl fighters guild, skills and also leveling while doing other stuff like watching tv
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolmen grinding makes Alik´r unplayable in certain areas. 100+ players in a small area spamming aoe abilities........you can figure out the outcome yourself......

I suggest increasing the timer on Dolmens in general and or adding a cooldown. The cooldown would work for each separate dolmen with a cooldown on 30 min where you get exp from it. Scenario:

* Do Dolmen #1 (get exp for it, after you defeat it the "exp-cooldown timer #1" starts.
    * Proceeds to Dolmen #2. Get exp for it and a new "exp-cooldown timer #2" starts
    * Proceeds to Dolmen #3. Get exp for it an a third "exp-cooldown timer#3" starts
    * Now if you go back to Dolmen #1 and defeats it before the first timer has run out, you get no exp for it.

Either that, or Dolmen exp needs to be reduced significantly

This is to promote a more "healthy" playstyle where 100+ players doesn´t make a zone almost unplayable (Alik´r Desert)
  • Mgghool
    Mgghool
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    Dolmen grinding is not that great source for xp, but who am I to judge. If anyone finds it pleasing, so let them grind.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    You want to pretend you are in Cyrodiil and zerg in pve? Go swarm the dolmens in Alik'r desert. It doesn't bother me.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    the dolmen are part of the game, since the very beginning!
    And I still come in areas were it is hard to find any help when you want to do dolmen.
    so wtf, let it be!
    if some players want to waste their time there: IT IS THEIR TIME!! let them!

cauze regarding this logic here we can then also nerf all those instances for the undaunted cauze there are also running numerous players day after day!

and what is wrong with farming? I don´t like it, but if someone does, so he should be able to do so!
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please mention
    I tried it for half an hour and it's incredibly boring. But I don't think they should be nerfed (pre-1T hardly anyone did them due to low incentives): instead, there should be other alternatives to fast levelling created for those who really must zip through to max level before they are able to enjoy themselves. That's why I don't mind Skyreach babies asking to be carried (I won't carry, but don't object to those who do).

The Alik'r will probably be unplayable during the Witches event... I'll just be elsewhere, questing.
    Edited by Khenarthi on October 17, 2017 6:52AM
    PC-EU
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes certain areas very laggy. I was questing in Alikr, and experienced huge fps drops because of those zergs.
    Its also a noob trap. People seem to pay too much attention to cp levels, assuming that grinding exp automatically gives you 40+k dps... And exp in those zergs isnt very good to begin with.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU