The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stam DK Bow/s/s pvp

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
Been doing a lot of reading but haven't found a whole lot on a bow S/S DK. I was thinking of shackleford but can't decide what the 2nd set would be. Any ideas ?

Thanks
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the S/S? Dual Wield with swords?

My suggestion is to think first of what you want to do in PVP. Builds are very specialized based on what you want to do. I'd give different advice if you wanted to run solo, small group, large organized raid, or zerg-surf. Think about what you want to do: snipe, gank, capture and defend keeps, kill players, 1vX, Xv1, etc.

Shacklebreaker looks like a good set for a hybrid build if you need extra resources and regen. There are better sets if you want to focus on stamina solely or boost your damage.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shield/sword

small group, zerg surf, pretty much whatever is available. I already have a fragile stamblade sniper type that I have to tread lightly with and vacate the premises when noticed. Wanted something a little more robust. Been doing ok in less than 50 pvp but I;m not very good.

• ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    Been doing a lot of reading but haven't found a whole lot on a bow S/S DK. I was thinking of shackleford but can't decide what the 2nd set would be. Any ideas ?

Thanks

I think you might do decent with a DoT build. Bow + 1h/s with poison injection, venom claw / noxious / FoO on s/b bar (as well as igneous/vigor). Healing might be lackluster but you'll have major expedition with the bow. Shuffle if you run 5 medium, which you can do if you have good block cost reduction.

That said, people tend to run 2h because of the rally heal. And DK is more of a stand-your-ground style. It's tanky, but sometimes in Cyrodiil tanky gets you killed. Careful what you wish for ;)

edit: derped and didn't mention sets. 7th Legion heals you a lot behind a shield. Briarheart is nice for a DoT build. Shackle with either of those would probably be nice on a DK (but there are stronger setups).
    Edited by ezeepeezee on October 17, 2017 9:37AM
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    I would also run Draining Shot for a CC since its being buffed next update, its still not a good stun but can help with Healing. I would do something like 5 Shackle, 3 Agility, Master Sword with Master Bow, and Slimecraw.
    Edited by Gorrest on October 17, 2017 10:11AM
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD Mag Sorc, Edrene Kingsley
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
    EP Stam Sorc, Elder Procs Online
    DC Stam DK, One Shot Online
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know much about FoO. Thanks for the tip

Was playing in under 50 again last night. I'm torn with using bow or not. A little underwhelming since I am used to my bow NB. The night before i used 2h and it was a lot more bursty

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd strongly suggest using the bow if you want a solid ranged option. The bow is very useful for defending keeps when you just want to stand on a wall and hit attackers.

If you want to be more melee and don't need a ranged weapon, drop the bow if you don't like playing with it.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow+1HS is a bad combination for StamDK. Where are you getting your major brutality buff from? Where is your burst heal? Plus you have an eclectic build. Bow wants to be mobile, hit and run playstyle. 1HS wants to be a stand your ground playstyle.

I'd recommend bow+2H or 1HS+2H. If you are stuck on bow+1HS, reroll a stamsorc or a stamden. They have built in sources of major brutality and additional healing.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneous Weapon has brutality buff i think.

Currently with my NB it's use bow, and when someone looks at me, I leave.

I was thinking with stamdk I could use bow, and when someone comes my way, rather than run, I can fight. I think many see bow and think it's an easy kill.

I'm not married to the idea yet, just a bit of brainstorming/theory crafting

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow+1HS is a bad combination for StamDK. Where are you getting your major brutality buff from? Where is your burst heal? Plus you have an eclectic build. Bow wants to be mobile, hit and run playstyle. 1HS wants to be a stand your ground playstyle.

I'd recommend bow+2H or 1HS+2H. If you are stuck on bow+1HS, reroll a stamsorc or a stamden. They have built in sources of major brutality and additional healing.

^This
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..