The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Player feedback for, ZOS on the witches festival. What would you have wanted to see?

TerraDewBerry
TerraDewBerry
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a little bummed that the event will pretty much be what it was last year with a couple of changes. I would have loved to have seen just some cool open world things like maybe random ghosts you would see in the towns and if you killed them, you could get a chance at a rare event drop or new achievements, motifs or just a few new daily quests you could do. What do you think? What did you want to see?
Edited by TerraDewBerry on October 16, 2017 7:53PM

Player feedback for, ZOS on the witches festival. What would you have wanted to see? 91 votes

New achievements.
5%
QUEZ420Oberon45AliyavanaZinarothMarabornwingrion 5 votes
New motifs.
6%
Fat_Cat45KetarmishTakes-No-PrisonerVoodooPlatypusAthymhormiaOzzymandius 6 votes
New Quests (maybe a daily quest with rare chance at a cool drop).
4%
WhitePawPrintsZenzukialtemrielSilverPaws 4 votes
More activities like _________________.
0%
Slightly different event with the ability to still do the old one from last year.
5%
tspecherb14_ESOfalcasternub18_ESOCyberwolffeVuldovahkriidSydneyGrey 5 votes
All of the above!
24%
k9mouseMojmirBelegnoleAzuryaAlex_LexHurbsterTerraDewBerryMickey_OxSSlargLadyNalcaryaBeardimusKingMagawCMFan1966ShezzarrineStrawberryKitsunegronoxvxFishstromShardan4968BelyarThePrinceOfBargains 22 votes
None of the above (The event is fine as it is).
37%
KhenarthirynthThestephenmcraeub17_ESOKorah_EaglecryczarElsonsoNyghthowlerkip_silverwolfStreegaCaffeinatedMayhemfeyiiTandorHvzedaMetSnauRunsO_LYKOSSanctum74FloppyTouchBythotrepesjeedrzej 34 votes
Other idea for the event.
7%
newtinmplsApheriusStrider__RoshinGhettokidbloodthirstyvampireRunscheiTelvanniWizard 7 votes
I just came here to farm forum insightful, agree, & awesomes.
2%
bottleofsyrupAlienatedGoat 2 votes
Wait.. wait.. there is a witches' festival?
6%
Caligamy_ESOM0biMgghoolCillion3117GrigorijMalahevicheso_nya 6 votes
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above!
    Moar!
    PC/EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fine as it is, for now. Eventually, maybe they can tweak it, but they don't have to change it every year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More vampire stuff and not some stupid drink if I want to feed i'll go out and feed on enemies
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the achieves/recipes/motifs/etc. on all of my alts so this will give me the opportunity to get those and level them quicker.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Sit back and enjoy the XP boost, if they did new content every year with unique rewards, then players would never be able to catch up. I don't think it would be fair for someone to never have access to certain motifs or costume collectibles just because they started playing the game after someone else. As the game is now, only a few motifs are off the table for some players, and as a completionist and master crafter who didn't get the frostcaller or grim halequinn motifs, I'm kinda bummed.

Not to mention, some players who play regularly have to put the game up for a while, either to leave on business trips, vacations, or having to postpone their playing due to financial reasons. I just think it's unfair to those players to have to miss out on the fun because life happens, so I'm all for repeating holiday events and rewards. That way, if you miss it this year, there's always next year.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Quests (maybe a daily quest with rare chance at a cool drop).
    Sit back and enjoy the XP boost, if they did new content every year with unique rewards, then players would never be able to catch up. I don't think it would be fair for someone to never have access to certain motifs or costume collectibles just because they started playing the game after someone else. As the game is now, only a few motifs are off the table for some players, and as a completionist and master crafter who didn't get the frostcaller or grim halequinn motifs, I'm kinda bummed.

Not to mention, some players who play regularly have to put the game up for a while, either to leave on business trips, vacations, or having to postpone their playing due to financial reasons. I just think it's unfair to those players to have to miss out on the fun because life happens, so I'm all for repeating holiday events and rewards. That way, if you miss it this year, there's always next year.

So no to expanding it and making it greater than what it was before? So when you get all the quest this year you have nothing to look forward to next year?

Sounds kind of boring.

I'd vote for an additional quest where a world boss, witches festival themed, will give double plunder boxes or something. Probably with this boss being trial difficulty, and roams across large regions until a group of players take it down. Similar to some world bosses were in WoW, and probably a chance to drop a mount or something else cool. Or maybe a crown crate.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Experienced long time players imo don't necessarily "need" this event. Maybe just farm for the new collectibles maybe build a new alt and that's about it. Focus on these holiday events should be on rention for newer players who may be on the fence. It gives a kind of different experience for a bit and encourages people to explore the maps.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like that you can get the old hats from last year. Now they're not special because they were not limited >.>

Other than that I would like some more uniqueness to it. Not a copy or repeat from last year.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some orc related stuff. This year they could call the event Orc's festival or something like that.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above!

So no to expanding it and making it greater than what it was before? So when you get all the quest this year you have nothing to look forward to next year?

Sounds kind of boring.

I'd vote for an additional quest where a world boss, witches festival themed, will give double plunder boxes or something. Probably with this boss being trial difficulty, and roams across large regions until a group of players take it down. Similar to some world bosses were in WoW, and probably a chance to drop a mount or something else cool. Or maybe a crown crate.

I really like the roaming world boss idea! It would make the event feel more dynamic and alive because you would have no idea where the world boss might spawn.

I also like the idea of maybe having a large bank of random daily event quests (maybe 21 quest possibilities) and you can do 3 each day. That way, you have a pretty good chance to always have a different set of quests to do and it wouldn't get so boring. I think it would be additional work for the DEVs at the start, but would make the festivals feel less redundant. They could change out the rare event items that had a chance of dropping from the quests from year to year with probably not much effort.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More recipes. I would like a drink version of Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No seriously, like where the hell is the announcement for this damned thing already. Its the only thing I've visited the forums to check up on all month.
    love is love
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New achievements.
    TheMaster wrote: »
    I haven’t done it, so it’s all new to me. But yes, there should’ve been more for people that have done it already.

Agreed, these people could be content with did adding one new reskin a year and be satisfied. Other mmos blow eso holidays by alot

[Edited for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on October 17, 2017 1:33PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly different event with the ability to still do the old one from last year.
    Daus wrote: »
    More recipes. I would like a drink version of Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice.
    There should be a Bosmer recipe for Breton-With-Carrots. B)
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just came here to farm forum insightful, agree, & awesomes.
    Yup.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the event last year, so I'll enjoy it even more now that I won't have to worry about chasing an achievement within a limited timeframe
    PC-EU
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above!
    No seriously, like where the hell is the announcement for this damned thing already. Its the only thing I've visited the forums to check up on all month.

Ask, and you shall receive... :)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26213?The-Witches-Festival-Returns!
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on October 16, 2017 9:10PM
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above!
    Honestly it was not hard to get all the drops last year. I have very limited play time as I work during the day and have a little one to take care of, so my main at times are after 8pm and I still knocked everything out last year. I am happy were getting a few new drops, would have been nice to get some of the things mentioned in the poll.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above!
    Mazbt wrote: »
    Experienced long time players imo don't necessarily "need" this event. Maybe just farm for the new collectibles maybe build a new alt and that's about it. Focus on these holiday events should be on rention for newer players who may be on the fence. It gives a kind of different experience for a bit and encourages people to explore the maps.

I think it's more about wanting the event over "needing" it. There are plenty of ways to fast level so I don't think all that many really "need it" but I think plenty want the event because it's hopefully "fun". It's a break from the usual and lets people get in the "spirit" of the holiday.

I think focus should be on more then just new player retention.. I think established players need to be focused on as well. Yes you want the new players to keep playing.. but you also want your longer playing players to be happy and continue playing as well. That is why there is a need to add more things to keep both new players and established players invested and interested in the event.. and in turn, the game.

There are new masks, furniture, and supposedly furniture plans.. but I'm not sure that is really enough to keep the people who did everything the event had to offer last year engaged and happily playing. I'm happy the event will be happening.. but I have to be honest and say I was hoping for a little more this time around..
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need better imagination with copying from other MMOs. Instance raid quality boss with all three raid difficulties. Normal for everyone, vet and vet HM for the more adventurous. Interesting title for clearing it in HM. This boss would drop purple vHoF set bonus weapons and have a chance to drop either a special non crown store mount. Chances for the mount higher based on the difficulty level.

Maybe even a wandering boss or two (or placed in an non instanced cave. Even the wandering open world bosses would not be a push over and take near a dozen strong players to kill an up to 20 players can be in the group. Again, this boss would drop trial gear, but maybe a mix of weapons and armor.

Make it a real event that draws the interest of the gambit of PvE interests.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As I have said in another thread, I was pretty disappointed in this festival and lack of new content.
    I do think it is great of ZoS to think about those who missed or was not playing ESO last year and have a chance at the masks, motifs, achievements etc. But it is still lacking for long term players.
    But, even thus, not ALL things are going to be obtainable for everyone...i.e. Imagan Monkey Pet from beta, Striped Tiger Mount for subbing for a year, the special costumes for subbing, etc, but, yes I am glad for those who haven't done it yet.
    I will be doing them all again helping new guildies with their achievements, but, PLEASE ZoS, think about this before the New Life Festival and Anniversary/ Jesters Festival.. Add new things... :smiley:

[snip]
    [Edited for removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on October 17, 2017 1:33PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A new skin for the sky ... i mean, make sure it's always the night , and add and eclipse ?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the event it's what mmos need if they keep adding stuff new player will have a hard time catching up.

I like them adding crown store fluff stuff. Would like to see more housing items added. Ghost that I could put in my home would be really cool I'm making a haunted house for this event.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above!
    my relationship with this game is on the rocks...i look forward to these events to see what kind of quirky stuff is going on. i find out its the same ol' event?

...mmm...i start looking through drawers and clearing dust off of things...ya know?

i mean, if i was in a relationship and the other person stopped trying...well...ya know?
    Edited by generalmyrick on October 17, 2017 5:33AM
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More gold and more drops.
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    it would've been cool to have something like a Hedge Wizard uprising with Pumpkin Spectre/Scarecrow enemies all around. A Halloween themed pocket realm of Oblivion opens up(basically Halloween Town with Daedra). It's ran by Hallowjack(actually make him a lore character), and because of an old pact, he is allowed to enter Tamriel once a year.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above!
    and that it wuld last as long as last year and not just less then 2 weeks!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the event is okay the way it is, theyre slowly adding new items for vets of the previous event to obtain (we still dont know what these furniture items will be, if theyre themed or general items and how many there are.) while allowing new comers a chance to catch up. Which is important. As it keeps players from feeling left out of things that have no real impact on gameplay.

Now I can see them doing this for the next few years with these events. Adding a handful of new items to the events list of previous items. And then when enough of the items are either in players inventories, collections, banks and guild traders. Hopefully they switch it up and retire the older items and introduce new ones. This way years from now things like the Nord Bather Towel is still something seen floating around on Traders or being WTSed in Chat. But is otherwise no longer available through the event it was originally offered in.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    i want the witches festival to feel like a festival imo, theyve should have add something to the land of tamriel
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the turn into a skeleton and zergrush bosses event again? Darn i still have a ton of the runeboxes which i planned to sell for rediculous amounts of money after the festival...