The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Health Regen Racial Passives need to be removed

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I may be incorrect, but if I recall correctly there's only three: Khajiit, Nord, and Orc.

Orcs really don't need anything additional in my opinion, they have enough going for them. Adding crit resistance would be fitting for a Khajiit. Nords need something resource management related; whether it be an increase to stam regen or an unique mechanic (e.g. receives resources when damaged).

Why make these changes? Because the change done to Major Defile made health regen useless.

No it didn't it just fixed it.

Leave Orc and Nord alone, the health recovery suits them. Khajiit can have whatever, I'd pick 6% stamina.

It's nice for a templar, allows you to self-heal less and purge more. I'm always amazed at how much damage can be purged.

Or how much I wish I could purge
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't have to entirely remove it but they have to buff it to compensate for how Major Defile now reduces health recovery by 30% and Major Defile is easy to constantly keep up.

In the case of Orc the Health Recovery bonus should be buffed to 30% and the races melee damage passive should be buffed from 4% to 7% to compensate for having no Stamina recovery passive.

Nord should have the damage reduction passive and cold resistance passive both dropped and replaced with a passive that increases damage like Orc and a sustain passive like reduced Stam cost.

ZoS needs to look at Redguard and balance all the other Stam races to have either noticeably higher max damage or healing to compensate for the noticeable difference in stamina sustain. You should have to make a choice between easier sustain and better max damage. Right now Redguard gives everything with the damage from 10% max stamina on top of two Stamina sustain passives. There's no reason to play as anything else in PvE or PvP because any potential DPS difference is too minimal.
    Edited by Twohothardware on October 17, 2017 10:49PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They don't have to entirely remove it but they have to buff it to compensate for how Major Defile now reduces health recovery by 30% and Major Defile is easy to constantly keep up.

In the case of Orc the Health Recovery bonus should be buffed to 30% and the races melee damage passive should be buffed from 4% to 7% to compensate for having no Stamina recovery passive.

Nord should have the damage reduction passive and cold resistance passive both dropped and replaced with a passive that increases damage like Orc and a sustain passive like reduced Stam cost.

ZoS needs to look at Redguard and balance all the other Stam races to have either noticeably higher max damage or healing to compensate for the noticeable difference in stamina sustain. You should have to make a choice between easier sustain and better max damage. Right now Redguard gives everything with the damage from 10% max stamina on top of two Stamina sustain passives. There's no reason to play as anything else in PvE or PvP because any potential DPS difference is too minimal.

I do agree they should be careful in how they allow Defile to ruin Health Recovery. I do not agree with the following suggestions you made. Orc is already one of the best Stamina Races in the game from a pvp perspective. They have fantastic melee burst, high mobility, and toughness on their side. I think your suggestion is horrible. Nords are meant to be tough and changing it in the manner you suggest fails to recognize what the race is and should be.

The real issue is a suggestion I've been making for years. Racial passives should be a STATIC #. They should be valuable but not factor in ANY of the math involving gear, cp, etc. It should just be a friendly little bonus. Instead of Health Recovery 30% or such nonsense maybe it should just be +500 Health recovery. These kinds of changes should factor with ALL racial benefits. Race is overly meaningful in this game, and while I think it should matter somewhat and be thematic it should not have such defining results. Give us static Racial numbers ZoS, for goodness sake it'd be easier for you to balance the game if you did.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with this wholeheartedly, and really appreciate how constructive the thread is trying to offer solutions. @ZOS_RichLambert This is worth a look.

It may be that whatever replaces health recovery passives will need to be resource/attribute focused in some way. Not sure, but that may be how ZOS sees it.

If that's the case, then perhaps Nords can have a larger stam bonus, Khajiit can get magicka recovery, and Orcs can more health.

A larger stam pool coupled with the Nord's damage reduction will allow them to block a little bit more.

Better mag recovery will help BOTH Khajiit NBs and Khajiit DKs. It's not just for cloakers.

More health for Orcs increases their survivability while keeping them more distinct from Redguards.

If we can have whatever we'd want, however, I'd say block cost reduction for the nord, increased critical damage (in addition to chance) for the khajiit, and reduced cc-break cost for the orc.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Health regen has been steadily nerfed every single patch since 1 Tamriel.

Please stop.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I may be incorrect, but if I recall correctly there's only three: Khajiit, Nord, and Orc.

Orcs really don't need anything additional in my opinion, they have enough going for them. Adding crit resistance would be fitting for a Khajiit. Nords need something resource management related; whether it be an increase to stam regen or an unique mechanic (e.g. receives resources when damaged).

Why make these changes? Because the change done to Major Defile made health regen useless.

For Nord the health regen makes more sense because some actually like them for a tank due to the damage reduction passive. Yes, I know they are not the #1 or #2 choices for tanking, but still.

Further, unless someone really stacked heal regen to the max it is fairly weak. 1000 health regen is only 500 per second. It has never been great with the one exception I mentioned.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, lets just get rid of the passives that tanks prefer. Yep, sounds logical. If anything those passives need to be buffed imo.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Yes, lets just get rid of the passives that tanks prefer. Yep, sounds logical. If anything those passives need to be buffed imo.

Yep, because that health recovery will save your ass when some bosses hit you for 20K+ trough block. It will take a full 50s to recover from that with 800 recovery, since it ticks every 2s.
    "Death by a hundred cuts ..."
    "Just lemme regen dat!"
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Yep, because that health recovery will save your ass when some bosses hit you for 20K+ trough block. It will take a full 50s to recover from that with 800 recovery, since it ticks every 2s.
    "Just lemme regen dat!"

I have 3k health regen on my regen tanks, with more cp itd be 4 k, so yeah, 20% as a passive is really good for my spec. ZoS made the game so 3 races are optimal for tanking, 3 for stam and 3 for magicka. We dont need all races to be dps, this game and a lot of mmos now adays are already dps centric enough.
    Edited by Jade1986 on October 18, 2017 11:38AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, with all these suggested changes, just make sure wood elfs maintain their reduction to fall damage passive, you know, for those times when we faint because our health recovery is so low.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

"Just lemme regen dat!"

I have 3k health regen on my regen tanks, with more cp itd be 4 k, so yeah, 20% as a passive is really good for my spec. ZoS made the game so 3 races are optimal for tanking, 3 for stam and 3 for magicka. We dont need all races to be dps, this game and a lot of mmos now adays are already dps centric enough.

Actually it didn't really start out that way. I'd like to note that the game was initially focused on 3 faction races for the 3 factions. AD had Khajiit (Tank - yes I know its ridiculous), Bosmer - (Stamina DPS), Altmer (Magic DPS). DC had Orc (Tank), Redguard (Stam DPS), Breton (magic dps). EP had Nord (Tank), Argonian (wtf?), and Dunmer (Magic DPS). Obviously Argonian changed and so did the others. Orc was also a subject to a lot of changes over the years, including its much heralded 4% melee weapon damage, which use to be a bonus to charge attacks (ie: Shield Charge, and 2Hander Charge). I'm actually in agreement with you about not all races being DPS Centric. My own personal view is that races need to be less vital in the choice one makes. I've always made this choice, even when weapon damage and spell damage did not mean what they mean today. I'd also like to point out with you that I fully agree that Tanks should not get the short end of the stick and it really bugs me when designers shaft the tanks and relegate them to damage sponges for high end (trial type) content, leaving them worthless in all other conditions. That's not a very fun way to run your game. The suggestion I've regularly made is that static boosts would mean an Altmer would not be so flawed as a melee warrior. It would mean he'd get say +X fire damage on his fire staff if he used it, or off an enchantment proc. It'd mean his bonus lets say +2000 Magicka would be a nice bonus, but it wouldn't press him to scale up his Magicka due to percentage stacking. This is the world I'd like to see this game operate in.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>