The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do they need to do something about leveling mounts and receiving mail on multiple characters?

r3ap3rsg
r3ap3rsg
✭✭
So I think it’s ridiculous that I have to log into all 11 of my characters everyday in order to receive my mail from the hirelings and level my mounts. You should be able to do it all from one character. Why do you have to make it so inconvenient to your clients? No reason when I go to a stable it can’t just pull up a menu listing all my characters and I can go through real quick and just select what I want to level and the mail should just automatically receive for all characters when I log into one. I spend about 30 minutes maybe more just logging in and out that just seems ridiculous to me. Plus with as often as it happens Xbox constantly having issues where you can’t log into ESO so I’d rather not be logging in and out constantly to begin with.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a time sink. It keeps you online when you might... gasp... be doing something else. Unless they can charge you money in the cash shop for this "convenience" they have no interest in doing it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Would be nice to have it account-wide.

Would ZOS do it? That's an entirely different issue.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man would account wide mount training be great. Inb4 all the forum warriors come in here screaming about earning it or some ***.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    It's a time sink. It keeps you online when you might... gasp... be doing something else. Unless they can charge you money in the cash shop for this "convenience" they have no interest in doing it.

Yeah. I could be PvPing. Or even doing dungeons on alts. Oh, jolly good times, Ill spend 30 minutes to collect mail every day. Superb solution by Zos, not lazy at all.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree wholeheartedly.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before they changed it all mail from the crafter helper passives came everyday even if you where not online and it did not require you to log on each character. You could be offline 5 days or whatever and you would get your cafting mail everyday regardless. It was awesome!

Now it is what they changed it to today

As far as horses are concerned.
    I propose that the stable master gets a new interface that allows you to see all of you current characters horse levels and allows you to raise their levels from this interface without you having to log on each character.

Spelling
    Edited by Defilted on October 16, 2017 1:46PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Belyar
    Belyar
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you have 11 leveled characters I assume you have all the time in the world.
    ( I still agree though )
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the crown store... riding can be done.

As for mails...sigh....MMORPG as many things as can be are character based. So if you want lots of "free stuff" you have to at least log on to get it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the mount leveling I think it's obvious that if you could it for all characters with one click you'd have a lot less incentive to buy the mount leveling up from the store. Clearly they won't do this then.

Concerning the ability to check all mail from one character... I was a bit in doubt at first but I think I still will go with that it's fair that you have to login in to each to get each characters items. I mean you have these characters to actually play them and use them, right? Not just as static resource generators. It sounds to me like you don't really want to play all your 11 characters? I mean if you did you would just login to them and play and then you could just open all the mail with one click automatically using an addon, right?

Also I have a suspicion that these daily free items is there to actually give you an incentive to login and play... looting all the mail with one click without logging in kinda defeats that purpose.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 16, 2017 2:37PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to log in every character every day just to get hireling mail and level mount skills, it's not a race to get them maxed. I just raise skills and get mail whenever I log in a character to play it. Sure it takes longer that way, but as I'm not playing each character every day I don't see that it matters given that it's taking longer to max their level and other things anyway.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping you logging in is the worst excuse ever, stop defending this terrible process.

As the OP says, spending 30 mins doing nothing but 'admin' actually keeps you way from playing, joining groups, doing quests, farming and otherwise interacting with other players which is what an MMO is all about.

There should be a shared mailbox with regard hirelings, all mail is recieved from hireling on 1 char if they log on within the 12hr window is up. I understand the old way when it was always collecting even if not logging on will clog up the server with backlogs of mail. So 1 char logging on and collecting all mails when timer is up is fair and would be justifiable.

Horse trainer with a drop down menu for chars sounds amazing, and would greatly improve QoL.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r3ap3rsg wrote: »
    So I think it’s ridiculous that I have to log into all 11 of my characters everyday in order to receive my mail from the hirelings and level my mounts. You should be able to do it all from one character. Why do you have to make it so inconvenient to your clients? No reason when I go to a stable it can’t just pull up a menu listing all my characters and I can go through real quick and just select what I want to level and the mail should just automatically receive for all characters when I log into one. I spend about 30 minutes maybe more just logging in and out that just seems ridiculous to me. Plus with as often as it happens Xbox constantly having issues where you can’t log into ESO so I’d rather not be logging in and out constantly to begin with.

well you can delete some chars, then it is easier for you!
  • Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    Although I find it cumbersome sometimes logging in each character to do crafting writs, feed the mount, and get hireling mails....I can see the sense to it.

You get a hireling for ONE particular character in mind...so their e-mails should only go to that character. The same with the mount buffs...it is for THAT particular character.

So while it would be nice to create as many alts as you can and have them all feed in to one character, I can see why that's not the case...even though the crafting items are shared across the account, it adds to the "role play" of things....
  • r3ap3rsg
    r3ap3rsg
    ✭✭
    Belyar wrote: »
    Honestly, if you have 11 leveled characters I assume you have all the time in the world.
    ( I still agree though )

Day one player with a wife and 3 Kids I work 45+ hours a week. When the wife and kids go to sleep I play ESO so if I’m lucky I get 2-3 HRS a day of play time but I sacrifice sleep for it. So ya it pisses me off that I pay all kinds of money for this game so they can waste 30 minutes of valuable time in the game. It makes no difference how long I play because of this setup though. I would think the log in and out of multiple accounts would have a negative effect on their servers as well though?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if we didn't have to go through 28 loading screens for mail and mounts on 14 characters. I have the same amount of available time to play with or without this "time sink". Would rather spend it helping with pledges, trials, and guild events.
  • r3ap3rsg
    r3ap3rsg
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

As for mails...sigh....MMORPG as many things as can be are character based. So if you want lots of "free stuff" you have to at least log on to get it.

Lots of free stuff? The mail from the hirelings is a joke at best I get mail containing one item very often 3 ancestor silk. Apparently my hirelings have poor work ethic. I have eso plus and I’ve spent over $3000 on this game I think they could put a little focus into making their game more enjoyable for their clients. TBH most of that money went into mount upgrades lol. I am doubtful that by changing the mount system though they would loose money because regaurdless it still takes forever to level them so people will still pay.

• Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the opposite problem. I wish that PvP reward mailings were addressed to the character who earned the reward, not whomever clicked on the mailing. I, at least, find it very strange when High Warlord Sorcalin sends notes of appreciation to my EP dunmer who visits Cyrodiil only to do things like open a treasure chest. Are they intended as bribes to remain inactive? Is the High Warlord hoping to blackmail my character after she grows in power? Does the High Warlord not worry that her AD repair kits may be used to mend EP keeps? So many questions ...
  • lailoken
    lailoken
    ✭✭
    r3ap3rsg wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »

[snip]

I have eso plus and I’ve spent over $3000 on this game I think they could put a little focus into making their game more enjoyable for their clients.

[snip]

Can I have your job?
    Edited by lailoken on October 16, 2017 4:29PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the OP says, spending 30 mins doing nothing but 'admin' actually keeps you way from playing, joining groups, doing quests, farming and otherwise interacting with other players which is what an MMO is all about.

30 minutes? How can it take so long. Install a postmaster addon that can open all mails, take attachment and delete for you with one press of key. (this functionality missing from the vanilla game is what is really wrong, but luckily we got addons). So when you login to play a character, just before you go do all the fun stuff you do with your character, you just have to

1. press the bound key for mail.
    2. click "open all" and that's it.

It takes like 3 seconds or something...

I'm assuming here that you actually play your characters and that you aren't just using them as a hireling resource generator, because if that is the case then I can see why it's annoying to have to login to get the items. But then, if you don't actually play the characters I don't see why you should get the resources they receive?
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 16, 2017 4:36PM
  • r3ap3rsg
    r3ap3rsg
    ✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

30 minutes? How can it take so long. Install a postmaster addon that can open all mails, take attachment and delete for you with one press of key. (this functionality missing from the vanilla game is what is really wrong, but luckily we got addons). So when you login to play a character, just before you go do all the fun stuff you do with your character, you just have to

1. press the bound key for mail.
    2. click "open all" and that's it.

It takes like 3 seconds or something...

I'm assuming here that you actually play your characters and that you aren't just using them as a hireling resource generator, because if that is the case then I can see why it's annoying to have to login to get the items. But then, if you don't actually play the characters I don't see why you should get the resources they receive?

I’m on Xbox and there is no such function and no I do not play every character everyday but when I do play them I prefer their mounts to be fast and the inventory space to be all that it can be. I have multiple characters for different roles I am an endgamer and I take whatever role is needed that night I have over 30K DPS on multiple characters. In order to even get the hirelings you have to skyshard hunt and also level up those skill lines I do not have hirelings on all characters just a couple but yes I use them to help with resources. I don’t have time to farm very much so I’ll take what I can get. PC is very different we don’t have apps and mods on Xbox or PS4. What we do have is excessive lag frequent DCs and xboxlive issues on top of ESO issues
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having an interface to manage Mount Training across characters is OK.

Hireling Mails, gotta to with Character logs on this. Making the game easier for those who mass consume resources does not make for a better game.

I have between 8 and 11 character's myself running Hirelings and if I don't log, I should not get a Hireling Mail. (the range is because I am not really sure how many are specced to run them but I know I have 11 that can run them)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find logging in to my newest 5 characters every day just to talk to Lorela/Bazgara/Laanesti tedious and boring. Another 45 days and I'll be done with it thankfully.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I’m on Xbox and there is no such function

But really, there should be. A simple "open all mail" button should be standard in the game. This is one of the reasons I could never play a game like ESO on a console where one is stuck with the devs terrible design decisions. There's absolutely no reason to force players into opening EACH mail and clicking on EACH attachment and then having them click EACH mail again to delete them. <-- this is the real problem here: the lack of an "open all" function.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 16, 2017 5:41PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find logging in to my newest 5 characters every day just to talk to Lorela/Bazgara/Laanesti tedious and boring. Another 45 days and I'll be done with it thankfully.

What happens in 45 days that will make you stop doing it? If it is so tedious and boring, why are you doing it, why not stop right now?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't HAVE to, you CHOOSE to. Just clarifying that for you. If you decide for a day, or even entire week (or month) to only log into one or two toons, I think you will find that your quality of life is not diminished one bit. You will have a handful fewer trait stones, and enough mats to make 2 or 3 cp150 pieces, but the loss is really negligible. You can get off the alt carousel any time you want.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What happens in 45 days that will make you stop doing it? If it is so tedious and boring, why are you doing it, why not stop right now?

@Jayman1000

They are Stable Masters that you train your mounts with.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll finish training the stamina part. The other 2 are done already. I don't plan on playing most of those chars right away but I like to have them ready just in case.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a nice subscriber feature. Sorting mail and feeding horses is not what I pay the developers for when I want to play a game.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, they could go really hard-core and go back to the days when we had to level each mount individually.

So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • r3ap3rsg
    r3ap3rsg
    ✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Well, they could go really hard-core and go back to the days when we had to level each mount individually.

I’m a day one player I know it all to well the idea is to continue moving forward not backwards. We pay for a service and it’s in their best interest to try and keep their customers happy to some extent. You can’t please everyone but if 75% of the people feel the same way then things will change.