The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

first we had bat trains, then we impulse monkeys, followed by steel tornado and now eye of the win.

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Can the PvP team not see what ALL of these have in common that makes them such powerful zerg train tools? the thing that really annoys the Cyrodiil crowd?
They are all Point Blank AoE Damage Buffs.

the problem with any point blank AoE buff that damages everything that gets near you that requires no additional effort to function is a pure recipe for zerg trains. its the exact tool that helps them win against both huge numbers and a strong defense.
easy solution?

give the spammable ones a bolt escape treatment.
give the ultimate ones either a channel time or a self slow of 60% and a bonus 10% damage, because it'll become a situational defence ability it should function more like one.

reason i'm complaining isn't because "butthurt cause trained" or a "nerf cause it beats my build" but because i'm so damned sick of seeing 5-6 different spam trains running around every day every prime time its so god damn boring to not only vs but to BE apart of, its killing any form of diversity when balling up and spamming the same crap over and over to roll over any threat is one of the only uncounterable setups due to some crappy AoE cap protecting said spammers
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's getting a 12% nerf soon.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    Can the PvP team not see what ALL of these have in common that makes them such powerful zerg train tools? the thing that really annoys the Cyrodiil crowd?

the problem with any point blank AoE buff that damages everything that gets near you that requires no additional effort to function is a pure recipe for zerg trains. its the exact tool that helps them win against both huge numbers and a strong defense.
    easy solution?

give the ultimate ones either a channel time or a self slow of 60% and a bonus 10% damage, because it'll become a situational defence ability it should function more like one.

reason i'm complaining isn't because "butthurt cause trained" or a "nerf cause it beats my build" but because i'm so damned sick of seeing 5-6 different spam trains running around every day every prime time its so god damn boring to not only vs but to BE apart of, its killing any form of diversity when balling up and spamming the same crap over and over to roll over any threat is one of the only uncounterable setups due to some crappy AoE cap protecting said spammers

Literally stopped playing CP campaigns because of this, add lag to this and it just becomes unbearable.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    It's getting a 12% nerf soon.

Which solves nothing. A zerg running one will still nearly instakill you. The idea OP presented is fair.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also Prox Det.

I totally agree, it should be painfully obvious to the devs, but nope, they introduce an OP PBAOE, nerf it to the ground, then introduce a brand new OP PBAOE, then nerf it to the ground... The cycle never ends with them.

It would be so easy to change a few mechanics to discourage ball-group spamtard lag-causing playsyles but ZOS has neither the willpower nor brainpower.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Also Prox Det.

I totally agree, it should be painfully obvious to the devs, but nope, they introduce an OP PBAOE, nerf it to the ground, then introduce a brand new OP PBAOE, then nerf it to the ground... The cycle never ends with them.

It would be so easy to change a few mechanics to discourage ball-group spamtard lag-causing playsyles but ZOS has neither the willpower nor brainpower.

DyNaMiCs.

Fixed dynamic ult.

Abilities that work or get stronger per person. I.e. prox, 3.2.3 dsa 2h. WIngs and crystalize should be projectiles per person.

Removed AoE caps for damage+CC (unless a ST cc like shalk). My DB should stun and full damage anyone stunnable in front of me, whether its 5 or 50 people.

Limits on healing (Half from outside sources and a cap of 3 people healing you per sec [can heal you multiple times, but within 1s, only 3 people can heal you] )
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Also Prox Det.

couldnt fit det bomb det bomb into title :p
    Edited by dsalter on October 15, 2017 8:26AM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When destro will end, it will be something else : the old soul thether proxi det bomblade.

I personally think destro is better than any of the meta listed above. With 2 people, you can kill half of a zerg with a destro/Negate.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12% Nerf isn't enough by far. Needs more like 20-25% It outperforms by at least that margin every other AOE. ZoS keeps doing this though. They say they want to break up the Zerg Balls and then provide them with another Overperforming AOE ultimate or spamable ability. Just don't get it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proxy / Inevit Det buff to old levels would help kill em.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impulse monkey spammers...
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage nerf to EotS enables our 12 man zergball friends. 12% will not be the difference in reducing their AOE and will make it more difficult for small man groups to bomb. Even still, raids are switching a bit to stamwardens to avoid negates and pack player-based mitigation ults + CC like permafrost. Proxy det takes longer to hit than subassault and SA hits pretty hard even on a bone pirate + plague doctor + blood spawn setup.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

easy solution?

you forget to mention the crows, the crows are a problem too! They need a nerf!!
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Answer is really simple - introduce friendly fire. All your zergs will kill themselves after that. There is no other choice here to fix the issue. But it will be absolute different game...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol they should make friendly fire a one day PvP event, just for the fun of seeing it happen.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control