The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poison - are they really that bad?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have the potion/poison making add on. I look at the poisons because everyone always goes nuts and rants about it.

Poisons last 2.1-5.0 seconds.

They really look a bit.....meh?

Discuss....
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're a bit late to the party... Did you bring some of the hard stuff?
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

When you have a set that adds 10% damage to all poison attacks it is really useful.

Do poisons even proc for staff users``???
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

LOL. Yes but it magically vanished in my face as I was on my way here. On my massive dragon.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes they are both in cp and non cp pvp the Player using poisons has a great Advantage over his enemy.
    The damage Portion of them is not too powerful in cp but resource cost, roots and snares *** you up.
    30% cost increase is simply stupid while you regain resources for using them.
    Most 5pc sets grant you 8% cost reduction with 1 cost poison you have almost 4x the value applied to your enemy.

As if this isn't enough the snare/root from poisons ignores Mistform and other forms of snare/root immunity this is caused by a bug that isn't fixed after more than 1 year @ZOS_GinaBruno

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3-5.5 secs with say a 2-3 sec down time (at worst) means 15%-20% approximately average up time. 6% cost increase on average for your opponent is a lot (but because it's not an actual average, the impact of them is more than 6% - i.e. an opponent running completely out during that 5 sec is gg)

But more importantly they can add a lot of effects for builds.

Snares, Roots, DoTs, resource return, minor defile/protection etc... Can all add to a build that lacks in a specific area.

The 60% was definitely too much. I'm just wondering how defile/poisons/new syphoner all stack together.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisons are just stupid and need to be toned down.
    Edited by Skinzz on October 16, 2017 3:55AM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poisons allow many builds an opportunity to add something they normally would be lacking. Missing some sustain? Add in a drain X resource poison. Missing snares or roots? A poison can cover that missing some DoT pressure to help set up your burst? There's a poison for that.

As to their relative strength compared to weapon glyphs, it's debatable. A resource poison will typically outperform glyphs but you have to weigh that against the opportunity cost of not having a glyph to proc.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisons was never balanced and all they really did was break the game.

The fact they can stack means zergs basically abuse them.

Cost poisons should never of been a thing but of course zos ignore feedback like they do everything else.

Dots poisons hit too hard.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting quite a bit of mileage out of assassin's guile. Perhaps too much. All those powerful 1.6 sec effects become 5.6sec.

I can keep a nightblade visible for it seems almost 10seconds.