The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

StamSorc Questions

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of 5/1/1

5 Seventh's Legion (Heavy) Impen
    3 Agility (Robust) All Weapon Damage
    2 Troll King or BloodSpawn (1 Light/ 1 Medium) Well Fitted
    2H Maelstrom (Sharpened)
    Random Bow (Powered)

2H Bar
    Rally
    Stampede
    Dizzying Swing
    Executioner
    Bound Armaments
    Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Bow Bar
    Dark Deal
    Bound Armaments
    Hurricane
    Vigor
    Shuffle
    Overload

Overload Bar
    Dark Deal
    Bound Armaments
    Rapids
    Caltrops
    Rearming Trap

Redguard/Warrior Mundus/Max Health&Stam Food

In CP I stack a hefty amount into Tenacity and Heavy/Light attack trees. There isn't much stam sustain, but that's not a problem with Dark Deal and you hit like a truck.

Enjoy it while you can, next patch will hurt this build a bit, sadly.

What's affecting it? I'm behind on the who, what and whens.

Running 5 heavy will lock you out of using shuffle. Means no major evasion (okay, there is so much undodgeable stuff we will barely notice) but it means you need another way of snare removal. So either running efficient purge (which you can't sustain on a stam toon), Retreating maneuver (far too expensive) or using forward momentum instead of rally and loosing out a burst heal. At least it opens up a slot for something else, whatever it might be. Immovable still sucks.

Furthermore Wrath gets removed - 200 less base (!) damage. This is a difference to the percentual increase from medium which doesn't count towards base weapon damage, so it's a bigger nerf than it seems. It also guts healing further. But at least say said something like that another passive will be changed to kind of compensate.

As a third nerf, the weapon damage bonus on maelstrom weapons will be removed too. Means you loose out on so much weapon damage compared to now.

So it's either being permasnared and/or running around with far weaker heals.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the three high damage heavy armor sets (7th, ravager, fury) get nerfed as well.
    jgruberman wrote: »
    br0steen wrote: »
    Also overload on the backpart is the only way to go, that third bar is way too useful. I also like to overload sorcs who are using overload because I think it's hilarious.

So you don't actually USE the overload skill, you just use it so you can get the third bar?

You CAN use it since ultimates scale with highest resource and damage values but you loose out on cp boni and penetration. So you can run the resto ult without gutting the skill on a stam toon.
    I sometimes use overload to troll people but it's mainly for the third bar.

EDIT:

For the HA changes, seems like Gina lied to us :(

Wrath: This passive ability has been replaced with the Revitalize passive, which increases the resources your Heavy Attacks restore by 12/25%.
    Rapid Mending: This passive ability no longer increases the amount of resources your Heavy Attacks restore, as that effect has been moved to the new Revitalize passive. It continues to increase your healing received by 4/8%.
    Developer Comment:

We want each of the three armor types to have unique trade-offs. Heavy Armor’s main advantage is its increase to survivability, while the disadvantage is its lower damage and healing power. To emphasize this distinction, we’ve removed the Wrath passive.

Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 16, 2017 6:18PM
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    @jgruberman

Adressing a few of your question:

- 7 med vs. 6/1 heavy: I always run 7 med. I've felt that the passives offer more than 1 heavy/2% max stat. My stam sorc is imperial though, so I have a larger health pool from the race passives already

- here are the 2h combos that you're friend was probably referencing:
    - heavy attack/dizzying/reverse slice
    - heavy attack/dawnbreaker/reverse slice

- bound armaments is the only viable option for the regen passive (3rd bar with overload is more useful than atro fot backbar ulti, imo). Its still a strong skill and worth the double slot, but it's definitely less forgiving than streak/crit surge setup. I've recently switched back to streak/crit surge from the bound armament setup I've been playing for the past year. Streak is just too fun.

- since gap closers were mentioned earlier, I'd highly advise running stampede. The snare is a huge help when trying to land a dizzying, even more so if you're not experienced with the skill

Gear: I'm running spriggans/shacklebreaker/1 monster for streak/crit surge setup. For bound armaments, I swap shacklebreaker for hulking draugr. I've been running spriggans on every build for the past 2ish years. The lack of a major fracture debuff for 2h/bow stam sorc leaves CP as the only option for penetration, but I'd rather use those ppints elsewhere.

Bars:
    Front: Dizzying, streak, reverse slice, stampede, rally, dawnbreaker of smiting
    Back: Shuffle, vigor, dark deal, crit surge, hurricane, overload
    Overload: Trap, defensive rune, rapids, 2x option slot

You could slot crit surge on overload bar, but I find the extra heals to be important enough to stay on the back bar (especially considering the vulnerable state of medium currently).

Here's the execution for a typical engagement:
    Bow light attack (enchant/poison proc)
    Stampede
    2h heavy
    Dizzying
    2h light attack/reverse slice weave

If they're not at <30% after the dizzying, then I'll usually rebuff and reset. I'm general, you'll want 100% uptime on hurricane and shuffle. Also practice on proactive vigor use.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    the_broo11 wrote: »
    @jgruberman

Adressing a few of your question:

- 7 med vs. 6/1 heavy: I always run 7 med. I've felt that the passives offer more than 1 heavy/2% max stat. My stam sorc is imperial though, so I have a larger health pool from the race passives already

- here are the 2h combos that you're friend was probably referencing:
    - heavy attack/dizzying/reverse slice
    - heavy attack/dawnbreaker/reverse slice

- bound armaments is the only viable option for the regen passive (3rd bar with overload is more useful than atro fot backbar ulti, imo). Its still a strong skill and worth the double slot, but it's definitely less forgiving than streak/crit surge setup. I've recently switched back to streak/crit surge from the bound armament setup I've been playing for the past year. Streak is just too fun.

- since gap closers were mentioned earlier, I'd highly advise running stampede. The snare is a huge help when trying to land a dizzying, even more so if you're not experienced with the skill

Gear: I'm running spriggans/shacklebreaker/1 monster for streak/crit surge setup. For bound armaments, I swap shacklebreaker for hulking draugr. I've been running spriggans on every build for the past 2ish years. The lack of a major fracture debuff for 2h/bow stam sorc leaves CP as the only option for penetration, but I'd rather use those ppints elsewhere.

Bars:
    Front: Dizzying, streak, reverse slice, stampede, rally, dawnbreaker of smiting
    Back: Shuffle, vigor, dark deal, crit surge, hurricane, overload
    Overload: Trap, defensive rune, rapids, 2x option slot

You could slot crit surge on overload bar, but I find the extra heals to be important enough to stay on the back bar (especially considering the vulnerable state of medium currently).

Here's the execution for a typical engagement:
    Bow light attack (enchant/poison proc)
    Stampede
    2h heavy
    Dizzying
    2h light attack/reverse slice weave

If they're not at <30% after the dizzying, then I'll usually rebuff and reset. I'm general, you'll want 100% uptime on hurricane and shuffle. Also practice on proactive vigor use.

This is awesome info. Curious though... if you have that rotation, what do you use all the other skills for?
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    The front bar is pretty much all of your direct damage. Back bar is buff/heals/dark deal (these are the skills I referred to when u said "rebuff and reset"). Overload bar is convenience/situational skills
    Xbox One NA
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    the_broo11 wrote: »
    The front bar is pretty much all of your direct damage. Back bar is buff/heals/dark deal (these are the skills I referred to when u said "rebuff and reset"). Overload bar is convenience/situational skills

So for the overload bar to use it... I'd basically turn my ultimate on, and not actually use it... Just use the skills on that bar?
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Hit the ulti while on the overload bar and you'll be in overload form. Then you can change skills on your bar and those will appear every time you go into overload again.
    Xbox One NA
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do pretty well on my StamSorc in BGs (non cp)

Don’t know how well it would translate to Cyrodil, but here’s what I run:

Dual wield main bar
    Sword and Board back bar

7 medium, all impen

2 piece skoria

5 piece twice born star (warrior and stamina regen Mundus)

3 piece agility jewelry (weap damage enchants)

Front bar 2 axes, shacklebreaker, Nirnhoned

Back bar, defending 1 hand & Nirnhoned shield, seducer set.

Front bar skills: flying blade, blood craze (twin slashes morph), bloodthirst (flurry morph), Hurricane, streak, and dawnbreaker of smiting

Back bar skills: vigor, crit surge, razor caltrops, absorb magic (defensive posture morph), dark deal, and greater storm atro.

Dubious Cameron throne food.

Immovable pots that restore stam and health

That’s pretty much it. Simple and effective.

Hope that helps / gives you ideas.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running now:
    5x Eternal hunt on bow bar, 5x sprigan on two handed bar. 2x Selenes monster set. (All Stam glyph and all Impen)
    Two handed is a Maul infused with desease damage. Bow defending with weapon damage enchant.

Mundus warrior -
    food dubious camoram -
    race red guard.

SKILLS
    Two handed
    Shuffle - rally - reverse slice - stampede - dizzing swing - danwbreaker

Bow
    Hurricane - poison injection - vigor - dark deal - streak - energy overload

Overload bar
    Crit surge - rapid maneuver - vigor - streak - defensive rune.

5medium - 2 heavy
    Great damage and high mobility. A little squish but if played well is a monster.
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 21, 2017 2:10AM
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Am I able to take these builds and do PvE just fine? For example, my current StamSorc is geared and skilled for PvE. But if I redo some morphs and put impen gear on... Does it become a waste of time to PvE with that setup, or can I still queue for a random vet dungeon and be just fine? I'm CP600 if that matters for the response.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Dual wield main bar
    Sword and Board back bar

Yes, thank you for the input... it's definitely giving me ideas at a minimum where to start my character. Curious why you use Dual Wield over 2H, and why sword and board on the back? It's different than my understanding and would like to know the reasoning for that to broaden my views. Thanks!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wield main bar
    Sword and Board back bar

Yes, thank you for the input... it's definitely giving me ideas at a minimum where to start my character. Curious why you use Dual Wield over 2H, and why sword and board on the back? It's different than my understanding and would like to know the reasoning for that to broaden my views. Thanks!

In non-cp, I get a little over 4K weapon damage with those two Nirnhoned axes. Two piece shacklebreaker also adds weapon damage.

The blood craze and bloodthirst skills hit pretty damn hard, they heal you, and they both proc Skoria. Flying dagger snares your opponent and is a good ranged damage skill. Axes proc a bleed, which in turn procs skoria.

I use streak to gap close (although I can only cast twice back to back before running out of magicka.) it’s also a stun. Dawnbreaker of smiting is also stun and it procs skoria. If I need to cc, and dawnbreaker isn’t up, i streak them, turn around, bloodthirst.

My sword and board back bar is my turtle bar. I don’t know how familiar you are with Battlegrounds, but it turns into a pretty serious *** show with 2 teams beating on poor little you. You’re in medium armor, so your squishy. A defending 1 hand with a Nirnhoned shield, and having hurricane up, puts your resistances at where they’d be if you ran 5 heavy. Granted, you could run 5 heavy AND sword and board (defending / Nirnhoned) to get even higher resistances, but you lose a very large chunk of weapon damage and stamina regen.

Vigor seems like a no brainer, it’s your go to heal.

Crit surge gives you Major Brutality (weapon damage buff) and heals you every time you crit.

Razor caltrops procs skoria, and if it crits, it heals you. I like using this when I run into a group of opponents that are all beating on each other. It’s also good for that annoying tank that wants to hold block all the time. Just drop caltrops, keep your blood craze and hurricane up, and watch all the glorious Skoria procs.

Absorb Damage is a buff that heals you when wardens try to land birds on your head, or when other magicka users try to range cast on you. Hold block, cast Absorb Damage, get healed. It also works as a passive: just by slotting it improves your blocking.

Dark deal transforms your magicka into health and stamina. That’s why my defending 1 hand and my Nirnhoned shield are from the Seducer set. Seducer two piece grants magicka recovery. Used in conjunction with Absorb Damage (which is a stamina cast), Dark Deal helps you stay alive and makes you surprisingly tanky in just medium armor. However, know that dark deal can be interrupted. It has a cast time (1 second?) and displays a noticeable animation. A good opponent will recognize that and bash you. Luckily, Not many players know what to look for.

Having Greater Storm Atro on your turtle bar also passively increases your magicka regen. Your go to ultimate will be dawnbreaker of smiting. However, the storm atro is still an awesome ultimate. It stuns your opponent when it lands and does wicked damage, too. Every now and then, I drop this guy on top of a group of players and just mop up.

So why don’t I use 2 hand weapon?

I don’t like the play style for “Dizzy Swing”. If it lands, awesome! But if it doesn’t land, you haven’t done anything except take damage and run around in circles.

Bloodthirst, the dual wield flurrry morph, takes less than a second to tick 6 Times. Those 6 ticks can crit, which heals you if you have Crit Surge up. The final hit of bloodthirst will always heal you, which is why I chose that morph over the other one.

Bloodthirst, or flurry, is a much better “spammable” than dizzy swing, at least for me.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on October 21, 2017 10:14AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I able to take these builds and do PvE just fine? For example, my current StamSorc is geared and skilled for PvE. But if I redo some morphs and put impen gear on... Does it become a waste of time to PvE with that setup, or can I still queue for a random vet dungeon and be just fine? I'm CP600 if that matters for the response.

When I want to do vet pledges, and I’m too lazy to switch out my 5 piece twice born star (all impen), I’ll just keep wearing my PvP gear and not switch to my 5 piece spriggans (all divines).

4 man vet dungeons are pretty easy. Even if you have to do the more difficult ones, like imperial city prison, having all divines isn’t what’s going to save you. Having a good group is what’s going to save you.

However, I do change out flying blade and streak. Replace them with whirlwind and rearming trap.

My back bar turns into a bow bar. Switch Absorb Damage and Vigor for Endless Hail and Poison Injection.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on October 21, 2017 10:28AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ChunkyCat

I used to run a similar build like yours, with shacklebreaker instead of TBS.

As far as I know a nirnhorned offhand weapon only increases your weapon dmg in a small margin. I looked on UESP build editor and it only added 59 wpn dmg on my build. Might be a little more or less depending on how high your stats already are.

Do you think it might be more useful to slot e.g. sharpened, precise or charged on that?

And how do you deal with snares without shuffle and/or major expedition?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChunkyCat

I used to run a similar build like yours, with shacklebreaker instead of TBS.

As far as I know a nirnhorned offhand weapon only increases your weapon dmg in a small margin. I looked on UESP build editor and it only added 59 wpn dmg on my build. Might be a little more or less depending on how high your stats already are.

Do you think it might be more useful to slot e.g. sharpened, precise or charged on that?

And how do you deal with snares without shuffle and/or major expedition?

Sharp / Precise would work on off hand. I’m no mathematologist, but I’m willing to wager that, while it would be more beneficial than dual Nirnhoned, it would probably be only a minuscule improvement. So for me, not worth golding out another axe.

For snare removal, I don’t worry about them so much in Battlegrounds. It’s a pretty compact area, so I sacrifice my ability to remove snares for more offensive skills.

I haven’t jumped into cyrodil since BGs were released. So in that arena, with large swaths of open country to roam around in, snare removal might be more beneficial. Personal play style will dictate what you choose to sacrifice.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on October 21, 2017 1:30PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Dual wield main bar
    Sword and Board back bar

In non-cp, I get a little over 4K weapon damage with those two Nirnhoned axes. Two piece shacklebreaker also adds weapon damage.

The blood craze and bloodthirst skills hit pretty damn hard, they heal you, and they both proc Skoria. Flying dagger snares your opponent and is a good ranged damage skill. Axes proc a bleed, which in turn procs skoria.

I use streak to gap close (although I can only cast twice back to back before running out of magicka.) it’s also a stun. Dawnbreaker of smiting is also stun and it procs skoria. If I need to cc, and dawnbreaker isn’t up, i streak them, turn around, bloodthirst.

My sword and board back bar is my turtle bar. I don’t know how familiar you are with Battlegrounds, but it turns into a pretty serious *** show with 2 teams beating on poor little you. You’re in medium armor, so your squishy. A defending 1 hand with a Nirnhoned shield, and having hurricane up, puts your resistances at where they’d be if you ran 5 heavy. Granted, you could run 5 heavy AND sword and board (defending / Nirnhoned) to get even higher resistances, but you lose a very large chunk of weapon damage and stamina regen.

Vigor seems like a no brainer, it’s your go to heal.

Crit surge gives you Major Brutality (weapon damage buff) and heals you every time you crit.

Razor caltrops procs skoria, and if it crits, it heals you. I like using this when I run into a group of opponents that are all beating on each other. It’s also good for that annoying tank that wants to hold block all the time. Just drop caltrops, keep your blood craze and hurricane up, and watch all the glorious Skoria procs.

Absorb Damage is a buff that heals you when wardens try to land birds on your head, or when other magicka users try to range cast on you. Hold block, cast Absorb Damage, get healed. It also works as a passive: just by slotting it improves your blocking.

Dark deal transforms your magicka into health and stamina. That’s why my defending 1 hand and my Nirnhoned shield are from the Seducer set. Seducer two piece grants magicka recovery. Used in conjunction with Absorb Damage (which is a stamina cast), Dark Deal helps you stay alive and makes you surprisingly tanky in just medium armor. However, know that dark deal can be interrupted. It has a cast time (1 second?) and displays a noticeable animation. A good opponent will recognize that and bash you. Luckily, Not many players know what to look for.

Having Greater Storm Atro on your turtle bar also passively increases your magicka regen. Your go to ultimate will be dawnbreaker of smiting. However, the storm atro is still an awesome ultimate. It stuns your opponent when it lands and does wicked damage, too. Every now and then, I drop this guy on top of a group of players and just mop up.

So why don’t I use 2 hand weapon?

I don’t like the play style for “Dizzy Swing”. If it lands, awesome! But if it doesn’t land, you haven’t done anything except take damage and run around in circles.

Bloodthirst, the dual wield flurrry morph, takes less than a second to tick 6 Times. Those 6 ticks can crit, which heals you if you have Crit Surge up. The final hit of bloodthirst will always heal you, which is why I chose that morph over the other one.

Bloodthirst, or flurry, is a much better “spammable” than dizzy swing, at least for me.

I love the insight on this. It's actually given me thought to using DW over 2H(which I need to play with first to find out what I do and don't like about it). However, if I don't go into Battlegrounds Is it feasible for me to switch out the sword and board with something else like 2H(possibly for gap closer) or bow for poison?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man, tweak the build and mix it up to suit your play style. The premise of the build is to stack dots and proc skoria.

2 hand and Bow skills each have dots they can apply for the skoria proc.

At the end of the day, your success will be determined by how comfortable and how adept you are at manipulating your character.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah man, tweak the build and mix it up to suit your play style. The premise of the build is to stack dots and proc skoria.

2 hand and Bow skills each have dots they can apply for the skoria proc.

At the end of the day, your success will be determined by how comfortable and how adept you are at manipulating your character.

Awesome, thank you. Which are the skills for the dot's for the Bow and the 2H? Are you saying that both of these two weapon styles are going to have the same stuff more or less? I'm leaning towards DW/2H, but I don't want to if I'm going to be losing out on something if I were to be using a Bow. I prefer an "in your face" fighting style, and I feel like with having DW and Bow, I'll be back and forth all over the place.

Plus side though... if I'm keeping 2H regardless, that DW would have more beneficial things over Bow skill line. Is that he case?
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭

I'll second this.

@jgruberman

I'm not a fan of S&B or dual wield in pvp, hence why I run 2h primary. 2h definitely has it's issues, but it's tolerable most of the time (exceptions being intense lag). Landing a dizzying becomes second nature once you get used to the playstyle. Last note: I would not recommend 2h/bow as a dueling setup. Dizzying is simply too easy to counter in a 1v1, and kiting isn't very effective (or respectable) in a duel.

Each setup has its own tradeoff. You'll have to find what suits your playstyle.
    Xbox One NA
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 2-hand weapons, Cleave and it’s morphs apply a bleed on your opponent. If you use a 2 hand axe, that will also apply a bleed. If you use a maelstrom 2 hander, crit charge and it’s morphs will apply a bleed. All the bleeds can proc skoria.

For bow, poison injection is a dot that procs skoria. If you get a Master’s Bow, applying poison injection on your opponent also buffs your weapon damage against that opponent. Acid Spray skill also applied a dot that can proc skoria.

There’s all kinds of combos to use.

But again, my personal preference is dual wield. You just have to find yours.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    For 2-hand weapons, Cleave and it’s morphs apply a bleed on your opponent. If you use a 2 hand axe, that will also apply a bleed. If you use a maelstrom 2 hander, crit charge and it’s morphs will apply a bleed. All the bleeds can proc skoria.

For bow, poison injection is a dot that procs skoria. If you get a Master’s Bow, applying poison injection on your opponent also buffs your weapon damage against that opponent. Acid Spray skill also applied a dot that can proc skoria.

Couple questions to this...

*Do bleeds stack? If so, I could do DW axe and 2H axe....
    *If not, then I could do DW swords for the damage increase, and then 2H axe...?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I’m not sure if all those bleeds stack. I’d say I’m 75 percent sure they do, but it wouldn’t hurt to test it.

Find yourself a target dummy and use those skills and see if hey proc a bleed, and if the bleed stacks.

If you’re dead set on two handed, I’d recommend using a bow on your back bar.

Buff up on back bar, cast poison injection, crit rush, cleave, maybe a dizzy swing or two, then execute.

It all works man.

It’s really just about getting enough practice and real time experience playing to the point that your fingers automatically react without your mind having to think about what to do.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I’m not sure if all those bleeds stack. I’d say I’m 75 percent sure they do, but it wouldn’t hurt to test it.

Find yourself a target dummy and use those skills and see if hey proc a bleed, and if the bleed stacks.

If you’re dead set on two handed, I’d recommend using a bow on your back bar.

Buff up on back bar, cast poison injection, crit rush, cleave, maybe a dizzy swing or two, then execute.

It all works man.

It’s really just about getting enough practice and real time experience playing to the point that your fingers automatically react without your mind having to think about what to do.

Interesting you said Bow with 2h... Any particular reason why? Seems being far away With a bow then up close and personal with 2h is counter productive....
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still cast your bow skill from melee range.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since HoTR here's what my stam sorc has been using for open world PvP

DW/2h, 7 med, all impen
    obvo all passives including undaunted mettle for 2% free stats

4 pc marksman
    5 pc hundings
    1 pc chudan
    1 pc pirate skelly
    maelstrom axe on offhand for wep dmg and cruel flurry
    nirnhoned axe mainhand

dubious camoran throne, serpent stone

end up with 4k wep dmg with rally alone - berserker enchant/cruel flurry add a good bit on top
    41% crit, 33.5k stam, 21.5k health, 2.4k stam regen, 22k resistances, 2.6k crit resist

wearing 7 medium armor. it works well. when you see cruel flurry proc then activate berserker and drop a dawnbreaker on them

TL;DR - 1 pc chudan and 1 pc pirate skelly OP combo
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Couple questions to this...

*Do bleeds stack? If so, I could do DW axe and 2H axe....
    *If not, then I could do DW swords for the damage increase, and then 2H axe...?

Bleeds from different sources stack. So yes, you can stack DW axe bleed, 2h axe bleed, Rending Slashes bleed, Brawler bleed and bleeds from different sets.

However, if you use DW with two axes, the individual 1h axe bleeds overwrite/ reapply each other.

At the moment there is a bug (or maybe it's intended, idk) that axe bleeds do no damage on the initial 0 second proc. This can become a problem on DW. Say you proc the axe bleed from your main hand, if you happen to also apply the axe bleed from your offhand the bleed duration will reset to 0, means you will again miss out on a dmg tick.

Therefore some people tend to use only one axe on main hand while dual wielding. This reduces the bleed proc chance from 16% to 8% but prevents the above mentioned issue + let's you gain a different Twin Blade and Blunt bonus, e.g. dmg increase from swords or higher crit chance (for more frequent crit surge healing) from daggers.

As for your second question: if I get you right, you ask if the dmg increase from DW swap over to your other bar? No, it doesn't. The DW passive is only active while dualwielding.

I hope my text is understandable, it's rather early in the morning here.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually thinking 5 medium and 2 heavy for the extra weapon damage in the medium passive.... is that viable?

And replacing axes with daggers for crit and dropped Skoria set and using Kragh set. I know everyone has their own style and preferences, but is this SOMETHING I can do? As long as it's just not a horrible idea for whatever reason, then I'll give this a try... I'm liking how this sounds better than having axes for bleed effect.
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on October 24, 2017 2:17AM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Here's where I ended up after playing with everything, I ended up going with Bone Pirate for the Stam and Hundings for the 5 piece bonus on the dual wield bar...

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=30585
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually thinking 5 medium and 2 heavy for the extra weapon damage in the medium passive.... is that viable?

And replacing axes with daggers for crit and dropped Skoria set and using Kragh set. I know everyone has their own style and preferences, but is this SOMETHING I can do? As long as it's just not a horrible idea for whatever reason, then I'll give this a try... I'm liking how this sounds better than having axes for bleed effect.

5m/ 2h really is okay. Personally I prefer it over 7m.

Don't underestimate the power of axe bleeds tho the DoT can't be mitigated. Guess you have to find out yourself if some crit is worth loosing it. If you aren't sure you could also go 1 axe, 1 dagger.
    If you don't go DW then I wouldn't go full skoria as well. Kragh' one piece boni is okay against anything without a damage shield but rather useless if you encounter someone with. I never took 2 kragh' to PvP so maybe someone else could tell how usefull it is. But I also never saw someone use that one me either...

Here's where I ended up after playing with everything, I ended up going with Bone Pirate for the Stam and Hundings for the 5 piece bonus on the dual wield bar...

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=30585

Usually you don't use two weapons as primary. You choose one to do the main part and the other to fill your gaps. Right now your build seems to utilize both as main offense weapons. Here is what I would change.

1) Spams
    You don't need two spammables. Choose either Bloodthirst or Dizzying Swing. If you go with bloodthirst, you will need a stun. Take Streak/ Bolt of Lightning (so you have an escape tool on you non-OL bars) or Rune Cage (unavoidable).
    If you take Dizzying then be aware that your stuns will often and easily be countered. But it opens a whole bar spot for something else than a spam and a stun.

2) Rally and Crit Surge
    Both give major brutality. I feel surge works better with DW due to more hits than can crit. If you decide to go 2h and find surge procs somewhat lacking change for vigor. I would go vigor either way if I can make it fit.

3) Defense and mobility
    Rapids is broken if you hit someone with streak. Don't know if it get's broken by surge too. However, it is expensive.
    If you change Deadly Cloak for Quick Cloak you still have access to major expedition when you need it. Also I found the bonus dmg from Deadly not as usefull as the utility from quick. If you exchange that you can replace Rapid Maneuver with Shuffle. It also gives you snare removal + immunity and also major evasion.

4) Other skills
    Blood Craze heal is far too low. That would be ca.600 hp ever 2 seconds. I'd rather go with Rending Slashes for the snare.
    However, you already got stampede as a snare tool. If you really need a gap closer with DW/Streak/ Major Expedition/ MA is disputable. Depends on how you decide to turn your build. If you go 2h as main then use it. If you go DW (DoT) then I'd change it to a Cleave morph to utilizy more DoTs and because it's annoying to have to bar swap before and after each gap closer.

To sum it up, first thing you should do is decide where your main offense comes from. If you're fine with landing dizzy then we can tune up your build in that direction, with DW as support.
    If you find dizzying swing a liability then we see how we get the best out of it with 2h as support.
    The options are numerious and it all comes down to what you feel most comfortable with.

Edit: Use infused on your main hand and sharpened on your offhand. The mainhand can proc far more often.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 24, 2017 8:00AM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The various opinionated comments on this post is why i left the game. You take this /played time thinking and cognitive social dynamic issues and everybodys is an expert.

@jgruberman Just play something you like having fun with. Remember there is a counter for everything my two cents.

Good luck.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The various opinionated comments on this post is why i left the game. You take this /played time thinking and cognitive social dynamic issues and everybodys is an expert.

@jgruberman Just play something you like having fun with. Remember there is a counter for everything my two cents.

Good luck.

He asked for advice and some people tried to help, all with the disclaimer that it's up to what he feels most comfortable with. So what's your point?