The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Only two more patches to reverse the Battlegrounds change... PLEASE ZOS

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Battlegrounds is going to be completley ruined if it becomes Cp enabled. As it stands right now, while some people can become near unkillable in a group of four, for the most part EVERYBODY can be drained of resources in no Cp with proper pressure and coordination. It is VITAL for battlegrounds to remain no-Cp because even a group of relatively low skill with a good composition will be able to become unkillable, and will sustain forever. This will be a massive detriment to gamemodes like domination and chaos ball, creating groups that can endlessly camp flags and hold the ball for 350+ points in one life. Deathmatches will rarely even reach 500 points with the massive amounts of healing a mitigation, and it will be possible to hold two relics while "farming" the other teams in capture the relic, indefinitely. I urge zos and the community to reevaluate this change, as battlegrounds already suffers from a low population (XB NA) and I fear it will completley die off when players realize that they cannot kill the majority of tanky setups people run in Cp enabled pvp. Everyone I have played with in bgs unanimously agrees that Cp will be the death of it.
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, like you said, current players want to keep it no CP, I bet ZoS figures more players will join with CP enabled.

Imo, whatever has the higher population is the better choice, only time will tell
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, like you said, current players want to keep it no CP, I bet ZoS figures more players will join with CP enabled.

Imo, whatever has the higher population is the better choice, only time will tell
    Or you know, just offer both and make it a separate DLC purchase outside of Morrowind.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Or you know, just offer both and make it a separate DLC purchase outside of Morrowind.

Or free... I agree... I want everyone to have access, but that's me
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Something something paid for it already, something something want money back.

*Frothing noises*
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

Something something paid for it already, something something want money back.

*Frothing noises*

I also paid, but we lose more by it dying than by making it free. I seriously can't get in at 2 a.m. not enough players
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue with cp is perma blocking. Still can't believe this game lets you do anything offensive, besides 1h n shield skills, while holding block.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate CP, but... bgs became so depopulated that any way to revitilze it is welcomed.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that adding CP seems dumb, will break the flow of the game. Sure when BG dropped people whined about no-CP. But anyone actually interested in BG has by now adapsted a Non-CP setup and got on with it

I seriously doubt a population rise with CP.

BUT i also agree Pop needs to rise, so whatever helps that is a good thing. Personally i think having a pre made and solo queue a bigger deal. Pugs getting trounced by the same 4 guys repeatedly (Xbox EU) gets dull for new players to BG and experienced alike.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the problem here because they cannot make it free since there are people that already paid for it and it would be really unpleasant supprise to know that You've paid for something everyone gets free few months later , it's too early for that I think. That would be also stab in the back for PvE players since they have to pay for every new PvE related DLC content. Splitting it into CP and No CP will also split the people so BG's could become even less populated.

At this point making BG's CP enabled is the only reasonable solution and lets be honest BG's are dying so without any changes end would be near.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP adds the lovely addition of stronger permablocking and permashielding. Damage and the like is often the same with the trees countering out. But the statfest that CP is now it is never going to work.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I hate CP, but... bgs became so depopulated that any way to revitilze it is welcomed.

It was a double wall:
    - locked behind expensive chapter.
    - locked behind nCP.

If it was free, like undaunted pledges are, you'd see more players joining in. But for the most part, PvP has too much of a learning curve and players don't like hard content with pay wall restrictions.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

It was a double wall:
    - locked behind nCP.

If it was free, like undaunted pledges are, you'd see more players joining in. But for the most part, PvP has too much of a learning curve and players don't like hard content with pay wall restrictions.

Morrowind price atm is around 15$ sooo...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

It was a double wall:
    - locked behind nCP.

Would you pay 15$ for one game mode that only has a handful of maps and as soon as you join you are faced with a pre-made group that distroys you?

Even if that's the lowest price, some players paid full price. And while those players might have joined a BG, pre-made groups made their Mark; you are seeing months of organized groups eat up the pop that was willing to try BGs.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd advocate to undo ALL the combat changes they did this patch. Its just shite tbh. Sure NB and warden tweaks was nice and the updated main effects for some DSA/vma weapons are good. But the *** with what they have now, making vma 2h useless, gimping DK to 8m, inane siphoner changes etc isn't worth it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have said it before and I will say it again... I don’t give a flying pan handle if ZOS all of a sudden gave Battlegrounds away for free... I’d rather have a large pool of players to play against than whine about how I paid for it and the free loaders didn’t...

Battlegrounds are pretty lame right now due to seeing the same turds over and over.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember during the IC event awhile back there was a DK tank sitting outside the sewers. There were 9 or so people attacking him, and yet he didn't die.
    I joined in along with a couple of others, and eventually brought him down.
    Later on in the city we ran into a couple more tanks who our small group of 4 simply couldn't kill.

CP makes unkillable tanks more unkillable, and if the right spec takes 12 people to bring them down, then that means that in a situation where there are only 8 enemies, well then you have a problem.

Anyone who plays battlegrounds will tell you that going up against a team with a tank in chaosball is about the least fun thing imaginable (actually that might just be chaosball in general)

The only upside of CP battlegrounds is more new players, but remember those new players will either be your typical cyrodil zerglings, or ones that rely on the crutch of cp. And while it is fun having those people on the other team, more often than not, you'll have them on yours.

Non-cp battlegrounds play really well as they are, and I really hope they don't change that.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Anyone who plays battlegrounds will tell you that going up against a team with a tank in chaosball is about the least fun thing imaginable (actually that might just be chaosball in general)

Nailed it.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...how many players do you guys accually think you will run across that are invulnerable tanks? The thought that its going to be riuned is ludicrous. Sure there will be trolls and maybe even whole teams of trolls...but ultimately your not going to find that many of them.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Ok...how many players do you guys accually think you will run across that are invulnerable tanks? The thought that its going to be riuned is ludicrous. Sure there will be trolls and maybe even whole teams of trolls...but ultimately your not going to find that many of them.

Do you know how easy it is to become an unkillable infinitely sustaining heavy armor dps as a stam dk or magplar with CP? Have you even had extensive pvp experience in both Cp and no Cp? Enough to know the differences?

The simple fact is this. A vast majority players prefer to be unkillable with enough damage to burst the players they outsustain, more so than they like playing high damage specs that can kill a variety of builds but can also be killed. Cp 100% caters to these players, while no Cp allows for a variety of specs to be viable without anyone being able to reach the threshold of unkillable whide still doing damage.

If you don't think Cp will ruin battlegrounds, you are delusional.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's sad how complacent we as players have become, we all paid for battlegrounds with real money and we just let zos give us a very crappy version of battlegrounds with not a single mention of when they will try to improve it if ever, and also no real response to the ton of players who either want it to stay no cp or give an option to do both
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cp will ruin bgs for me there already is unkillable warden tanks lets add the rest. cant wait for a tdm with a stamblade with the power buff and gets a 18k incap
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only bought morrowind for bgs - i haven´t done any of it´s content...
    But well it´s not like i´m playing battlegrounds at the moment - so fire away :joy:

Battlegrounds will still be a failure as long as there is no matchmaking and non playtime based ranking. I don´t think zos will ever manage that though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a double wall:
    - locked behind nCP.

Would you pay 15$ for one game mode that only has a handful of maps and as soon as you join you are faced with a pre-made group that distroys you?

Even if that's the lowest price, some players paid full price. And while those players might have joined a BG, pre-made groups made their Mark; you are seeing months of organized groups eat up the pop that was willing to try BGs.

Question You're asking have nothing to do with my previous response. You said Morrowind is expensive when it actually isnt. BG are dead not because people have to pay for Morrowind but because BG sucks. Lets be honest PvP days when it was actually hard and realy skill requiring are long gone. Yes You can meet premades but if Morrowind would be free You wouldnt ? Also I think there is quite opposite connetion between content difficulty and pay restrictions , new content should be hard otherwise it's boring and not engaging and this is happening with BGs. BGs are not engaging that's why lot of people who have Morrowind chapter is not participating in them and I doubt things would have changed after BGs would become free. Free players would also found them boring. Main problem is in BGs itself not in paywall.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 14, 2017 8:10AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a double wall:
    - locked behind nCP.

Question You're asking have nothing to do with my previous response. You said Morrowind is expensive when it actually isnt. BG are dead not because people have to pay for Morrowind but because BG sucks. Lets be honest PvP days when it was actually hard and realy skill requiring are long gone. Yes You can meet premades but if Morrowind would be free You wouldnt ? Also I think there is quite opposite connetion between content difficulty and pay restrictions , new content should be hard otherwise it's boring and not engaging and this is happening with BGs. BGs are not engaging that's why lot of people who have Morrowind chapter is not participating in them and I doubt things would have changed after BGs would become free. Free players would also found them boring. Main problem is in BGs itself not in paywall.
    The main problem no, but still one which limits the pool of players to those paying RRP £40

Give it no pay wall and a CP/No CP choice and at least everyone can play in their preferred way. They're gambling that more CP players will do BG than the loss of No CP players. I sure as hell won't play them any more and will have to go back to No CP Cyrodiil for my PvP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did it because cp campaign is more popular and the population of bg is fast declining. The change will not improve the bg population, it may even get smaller since some ppl who still play bg prefer ncp.

The problem was always that bg are right now to 90% of the time are no fun:
    • unbalanced team
    • bugged grp-tool(dont think they ever fixed it, it are just not enough ppl more interested so it doesnt bug out that much)
    • more running than pvp if you want to win(seriously if i even see capture the relic i want to vomit)
    • missing competitive elements(matchmaking / leader board / customized matches)
    • no good rewards/rare rewards/ weekly rewards..
    • bad design of some game modes/mechanics(pvp secondary/avoiding to pvp to win, op damage buff right under enemy/own base....)

But i guess it is easier to add cp instead of tackling why bg are so unpopular. (I actually like cp pvp)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a double wall:
    - locked behind nCP.

The main problem no, but still one which limits the pool of players to those paying RRP £40

Give it no pay wall and a CP/No CP choice and at least everyone can play in their preferred way. They're gambling that more CP players will do BG than the loss of No CP players. I sure as hell won't play them any more and will have to go back to No CP Cyrodiil for my PvP.

They do look and some situations in BGs occur where an entire team is tanky, but because you don't have the extra offense you cannot dent some builds. In CP you can.

And I have been playing BGs these days; but only because I know there's no lag there and Vivec cyro is poop at times.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no unkillable builds in BG. There is less of a crutch on CP. CP is a nice way to optimize a PvE build but honestly after playing more and more BG I find PvP way more fun without CP.

I still don’t get why they can’t have the option to do CP OR no CP BG. Then everyone would be happy. Que times wouldn’t change as it’s damn near instant as it is now and the majority of people playing now would continue to que for non CP. the people who asked for CP BG will que for theirs.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I have said it before and I will say it again... I don’t give a flying pan handle if ZOS all of a sudden gave Battlegrounds away for free... I’d rather have a large pool of players to play against than whine about how I paid for it and the free loaders didn’t...

Battlegrounds are pretty lame right now due to seeing the same turds over and over.

Yeah, you basically know the quality of the match by the names present.

On my platform the pre-maxes that just get off on pug stomping already run the absolute most tightly tuned meta they can imagine, typically 3 tanky SnB builds, usually 2 of which are healers. What makes you think these teams aren't going to keep min/maxing? Now you have to do the same thing to compete and incoming tank meta
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 14, 2017 9:58PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    They did it because cp campaign is more popular and the population of bg is fast declining. The change will not improve the bg population, it may even get smaller since some ppl who still play bg prefer ncp.

The problem was always that bg are right now to 90% of the time are no fun:
    • unbalanced team
    • bugged grp-tool(dont think they ever fixed it, it are just not enough ppl more interested so it doesnt bug out that much)
    • more running than pvp if you want to win(seriously if i even see capture the relic i want to vomit)
    • missing competitive elements(matchmaking / leader board / customized matches)
    • no good rewards/rare rewards/ weekly rewards..
    • bad design of some game modes/mechanics(pvp secondary/avoiding to pvp to win, op damage buff right under enemy/own base....)

But i guess it is easier to add cp instead of tackling why bg are so unpopular. (I actually like cp pvp)

Dont agree with all your points. I do agree that very possibly BG population will fall off after an initial boost from players who think that cp is going to make their special build perform better.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Rohaus wrote: »

Yeah, you basically know the quality of the match by the names present.

On my platform the pre-maxes that just get off on pug stomping already run the absolute most tightly tuned meta they can imagine, typically 3 tanky SnB builds, usually 2 of which are healers. What makes you think these teams aren't going to keep min/maxing? Now you have to do the same thing to compete and incoming tank meta

Yup, 1 warden/dk tank running snares and poisons, 1-2 SnB templar/warden healers, 1-2 Sorc/NB dps to finish people off and get kills.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..