The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Liquid Lightning Casting Issues

MyrddinEmrys
MyrddinEmrys
✭✭✭
XBOX NA

Since HotR came out, I have had issues with Liquid Lightning casting properly. Normally, I cast LL and block-cancel the animation, however since HotR came out, when I try to do this, LL does not cast. The Target circle for LL shows, but it keeps getting reset to the maximum area as I work through my rotation. I can cast other spells while LL is "trying" to cast, but each time I use an LA, HA, skill, or try to cancel the animation, the circle resets to it max size and the "animation" restarts. If I stop doing anything the target circle will close and the spell will cast, unless I bar swap, in which case the circle either stays frozen at max radius, or disappears all together and "gives up" trying to cast.

I have confirmed with guild mates that this issue is happening to other players as well.

ZOS please fix this. It is very frustrating.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it casting correctly when you cast it normally without canceling the animation when blocking? Or is it only a problem when you are trying to block-cancel Liquid Lightning?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this issue on Xbox NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have this issue when bar swapping any ground target abilities. The ring stays but no move even with quick cast enabled
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LL is an instant cast DoT. Just curious as to why you need to Animation Cancel it? I only ask as this is one skill I have never needed to AC
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    LL is an instant cast DoT. Just curious as to why you need to Animation Cancel it? I only ask as this is one skill I have never needed to AC

It's a Ground target move. Without quick cast enabled you have to press it twice. But the is also the case with endless hail and caltrops.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bar swap cancel LL on pc and get this issue if I bar swap too soon. I've noticed it for a while, just assumed it was an intentional mechanic to slow down the ani cancelers, but it might be a bug.
    PC | EU
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To get to your other bar faster than of you waited for the full animation. It's the instant cast skills you want to animation cancel, because their animations are not usually instant.
    PC | EU
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes even healing springs doesn´t work properly when you cast Breath of Life right after.
    Or the Luminous Shards aswell.
    The circle stays for a longer time, never lets the shard actually cast, and sometimes even prevents me from using my abilities in the right time.

Can agree on LL too, sometimes it also doesnt cast and you cast it twice accidentally
    PC/EU
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LL has been buggy like this since Homestead early this year.

I found in vMA i would often hit it, get a delay, turn to do something else and it fire over there.

BUT as Nestor says it's not one that needs AC?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I tested this last night. I can Block, LA/HA Weave, Bar Swap and Skill Animation Cancel Liquid Lightening.

On a side note, (PC Player) I had noticed some lag and issues with firing off skills since Homestead, but I recently got a new keyboard (G.Skill Ripjaw Mechanical) and since then, I have had no issues firing off skills that I have noticed.

• MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I tested this last night. I can Block, LA/HA Weave, Bar Swap and Skill Animation Cancel Liquid Lightening.

On a side note, (PC Player) I had noticed some lag and issues with firing off skills since Homestead, but I recently got a new keyboard (G.Skill Ripjaw Mechanical) and since then, I have had no issues firing off skills that I have noticed.

Keyword - PC Player. You operate on a different patch than XBOX. I am, however, glad that it is working correctly for you.
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    This is still a serious issue and has received NO response from ZOS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please confirm that you are aware of this bug.
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    Same here @Ps4 EU it bugs from time to time
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Liquid Lightning seems to hang in trial scenarios once every 4-5 rotations. Character will just stand there and I will have to either wait a couple of seconds for it to cast or hit block and recast it.
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get an update on this?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nestor with any skill the animation takes longer the required time for the skill to actually fire off. Even instant skills have a minimum time required before the caster can move to the next action but the animation takes longer than that minimum time.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

@Nestor with any skill the animation takes longer the required time for the skill to actually fire off. Even instant skills have a minimum time required before the caster can move to the next action but the animation takes longer than that minimum time.

I understand that. In a PvP or Vet Trials I can see how it would help to have insta. I probably even do it to some extent as I drop this skill in rotation. Not instant like you young folks with better reflexes.

I have noticed that some skills just don't seem to fire right, AC or not. More so lately. So that might not be helping matters
    Edited by Nestor on November 17, 2017 1:10AM

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have noticed some similar bugs with other skills, somehow i can manage to swap or blokccancel, DK's eruptive shield and volatile armor, vampire mist and Vigor.

Not sure if the skill goes off, but just no annimation to it, or the skill doesnt go off.
    Have to test it.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I understand that. I just never see the need to AC Liquid Lightening. I throw it as I approach mobs, then follow up with my other attacks, so the cast time is moot. Maybe in PvP it matters.

When LL is not the first item in your rotation, it matters. For those of us that have very active rotations, we don't have time to wait around for the spell to cast naturally.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the same problem (xbox) i have it as auto cast set up so you press the button you see circle and it should cast right away no need to double tap the button however for a while now i cast it i see the circle and nothing happens i move around the circle is just following so i press the button again and then new circle appears and it works ...

this made me die quiet a bit on VMSA when i cast it bar swap just to find out it didn't cast so then again bar swap cast it , it didn't work again

for a while i thought ohh well just the normal ESO lag but know seeing how many people have the same problem looks like its not the lag
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA, gamepad (wired) with quick-cast enabled.

Can confirm this also happens with DK's Eruption: the circle shows on the ground but sometimes the skill doesn't actually fire or is delayed. I cast Eruption then Elemental Blockade, but Blockade is fired while Eruption's circle is still visible but not firing.

Also skills, bar-swapping and potions fail quite often (press the button but the skill doesn't fire) - maybe due to the gamepad and/or lag... IDK but it's really frustrating.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on November 19, 2017 6:45AM