The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Mimic Stones (Misleading)////(Resloved)

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One born every minute.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So why would we need motifs if anyone can just PAY TO WIN?

Yeah, no. Sick of so much P2W on crafting as it is.

So....if I collect the other motifs I'm missing so I can make any craftable style in the game, my character can be Empress? I mean I did the "not pay to win" research to be able to make all 9 traits already, so just collect those motifs and my character will be Empress and get all the bis maelstrom weapons and monster gear automatically... cause I guess that is "winning" in a mmo....Wow. Never realized crafting was pay to win.....[/sarcasm]

Cause you know being able to make fancy gear, even if the motif is crown store only, really only lets you make fancy gear....you don't win much at all. If you actually make the "pay to win" gear and decon it for the style mats, you may get gold from selling the mats, but you're paying real money to do so. If you are charging people real money for the stuff then you're breaking the ToS at least and could lose your account. Even with being able to buy houses and furnishings, you will run out of stuff to spend the in-game gold on, so....p2w? Don't really see it.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes the place of the style mat. It doesn't completely defeat the purpose behind motifs...?

If you had questions about functionality, you should have asked for /help before you made the purchase.

You're the only one I've ever known to take the meaning a different way.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes the place of the style mat. It doesn't completely defeat the purpose behind motifs...?

If you had questions about functionality, you should have asked for /help before you made the purchase.

You're the only one I've ever known to take the meaning a different way.

LOL, true and I get it now. But that is still really lame.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    This item allows you to craft items any known styl

known meaning known by you
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft any known style is pretty straight forward. Why would those allow you to craft a style you didn't know? What in the wording was confusing about that? How should they have worded it?

Edited by Stopnaggin on October 14, 2017 2:59PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man, I interpreted their use the same way you did and was about to buy some to complete a writ I had. Now I can avoid wasting my money.

They seem utterly useless in the way they actually work. Nobody has trouble finding style materials for styles they already know.

They come in very handy for style materials that you run out of. Mazz, silken, akavari, ad, dc, ep and so on. So see they aren't useless at all. I do find of me and run out of the rare materials quickly so these are in fact very handy.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should read “used in place of a style stone to craft any “learned” motif style.”

When these were first released there was confusion....people are acting like it was straight forward, many of us just know from PTS feedback and older forum posts how it works. Honest misinterpretation by the OP

It wouldn’t hurt to change the wording as it can be misleading if you’re newer

Learned seem clunky, you also can't know a motif until you learn it so same same.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree that this is disturbing and should not be this way.
    i to was upset when i finally realized what it meant.
    it should allow to craft in all styles just like it is said in the description.

It does not say craft in all styles. It says craft in any known style. The difference between any and all is huge here. The vast majority of people understand what it means, I see no confusion in the wording and most other don't either.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP claims to have been playing since the beginning, so surely they know how crafting works. In order to craft in ANY style, you have to (1) learn the motif and (2) have the appropriate style material. Mimic stones are a universal STYLE MATERIAL, not a D*** universal motif book.

Seriously, why would ZOS allow you to COMPLETELY bypass the motif book system? There would be NO REASON for them to sell ANY motif books in the crown store. Mimic stones - stones - vs. motif books - books. I just...am completely baffled by the outrage of the OP. Beginning to wonder if this isn't some troll and we've all taken the bait.

EDIT - so I posted before reading the third page, where I see the OP responded that he gets it now. So, clearly not a troll. And clearly, it's been answered to death now. :)
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 17, 2017 6:59PM
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    "ANY" does not equal "ANY KNOWN"